Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:38 pm

Author Topic: Pls help ASAP  (Read 544 times)

emilyyyyyyy

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Pls help ASAP
« on: July 25, 2019, 10:09:02 am »
Hi so I wasn't too sure where to post this but i've got a really bad case of the influenza B virus  and it is the absolute worst thing that could've happened to me rn. My trials start in a week and a bit, and I'm going to lose so much study time bc of my illness :/

I'm really worried about trials, bc I have 5 exams in the first week that I am no where near prepared for, and I can't study for them atm. I'm also missing out on so much revision in class (doctor said I shouldn't return to school until trials).

Does anyone have any advice? thanks!

codsta769

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +14
Re: Pls help ASAP
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 11:13:12 am »
+3
Hi,

If this was the actual HSC, there is a form you could sign (forgot the name of it) which you could gain special consideration from NESA in which your score is adjusted higher to achieve fairness of your illness. If you had done the appropriate paperwork, there would be an extremely good chance that this would get approved considering that this occurred the week before exams.

However, because these are trials, it is all up to your school to decide special consideration. If i were you, i would speak to a teacher on what to do to gain this special consideration because every school is different in terms of the procedures. But tbh, they should give you special consideration anyways because its just bad luck and there was no way that you could have avoided this from happening.

Get well soon.
Final year Bachelor of Business Student@ University of Technology Sydney (UTS).
Majors in Marketing and Human Resource Management.

HSC Class of 2017:
Standard English
General Mathematics
Business Studies
Legal Studies
Senior Science
Studies of Religion I