Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 10:30:02 am

Author Topic: Studying another subject before english?  (Read 530 times)

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
Studying another subject before english?
« on: October 17, 2018, 11:41:51 am »
Hey, what are your opinions on me studying for ancient, with the english exam tomorrow. Personally, I think it will calm me down, because it gives me peace of mind to study and get things cemented in my head. Besides, I just completed a timed creative response (in 32 minutes omg I'm pleased), and I feel fully prepared for the discovery and modules english exams. In about 2 hours I'm going to go through past english papers and just jot down how I might answer some conceptual and tricky questions to expose myself to a wide range of questions and thought processes. But otherwise, what are your thoughts on studying for ancient between english preparation?

Thanks!  ;)

2018 HSC

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Re: Studying another subject before english?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 11:52:40 am »
Hey, what are your opinions on me studying for ancient, with the english exam tomorrow. Personally, I think it will calm me down, because it gives me peace of mind to study and get things cemented in my head. Besides, I just completed a timed creative response (in 32 minutes omg I'm pleased), and I feel fully prepared for the discovery and modules english exams. In about 2 hours I'm going to go through past english papers and just jot down how I might answer some conceptual and tricky questions to expose myself to a wide range of questions and thought processes. But otherwise, what are your thoughts on studying for ancient between english preparation?

Thanks!  ;)
I agree this sounds like a good idea!
Definitely still keep focused on english by making sure you remember your quotes and definitely by7 doing those essay plans!

Maybe break up every hour /two hours of enligsh with half an hour of ancient?
Make sure you don't get too involved with your ancient study though as given the time, you should be focusing moslty on english

Anyways, good luck with your hsc!  ;D
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU