Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:31:29 pm

Author Topic: Not Meeting Scaled English Requirements?  (Read 5605 times)  Share 

mikomaneze

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Not Meeting Scaled English Requirements?
« on: October 22, 2018, 01:14:20 am »
What should I do if I don't get a scaled mark of at least 50 in English ATAR?

I'm currently a year 12 student awaiting the final WACE exams and I pretty much slacked off in the past 3 terms (I do regret it).
Right now, my school marks for it is in the danger zone.

Knowing that English exams are pretty hard (generally) and that English ATAR gets scaled down, this is my last chance.
In case I don't meet the minimum requirements for uni entry, what should I do? Is it one of those things that are negotiable with universities?

Please help me, I'm desperate.

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
Re: Not Meeting Scaled English Requirements?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 01:23:44 am »
Please don't spam the forums with the same post.

I can't help with this question as I am not familiar with WACE but hopefully someone can chime in soon :)

dreamer__

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 12:38:54 am »
I'm pretty sure ECU accepts people who got a %50 in the school mark for english (Not including scaling or wace exam mark). Also other univities have english bridging courses if you dont meet the english requirements. Also you can do the STAT test and if u do well in that u can meet the universities english requirements.

AISHAB

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 02:22:49 am »
Sorry but I am unfamiliar with WACE exams.
I wish you the best of luck in your exam though and hopefully you will get into your preferred course! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 08:27:45 am »
+3
What should I do if I don't get a scaled mark of at least 50 in English ATAR?

I'm currently a year 12 student awaiting the final WACE exams and I pretty much slacked off in the past 3 terms (I do regret it).
Right now, my school marks for it is in the danger zone.

Knowing that English exams are pretty hard (generally) and that English ATAR gets scaled down, this is my last chance.
In case I don't meet the minimum requirements for uni entry, what should I do? Is it one of those things that are negotiable with universities?

Please help me, I'm desperate.

Again I’m sorry. I am not familiar at all with WACE.

But whether you get the required score or not there are always pathways to get into the course you want. It may mean it will take an extra year and you need to go into a diploma first but you are able to get into any course you like as long as you are willing to let it take a little longer.

I know in VCE the study score requirements for English are requirements and therefore super strict but I can’t say whether or not it is the same in WACE.
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney