Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:55:46 pm

Author Topic: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION  (Read 378548 times)  Share 

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
Re: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION
« Reply #1335 on: August 02, 2019, 12:06:54 pm »
Wish u guys all the best, I tried for mhs and my result is August 8. It might be on the same dat elf ur interview
Wish u the best too!  ;)

SynX

• Trendsetter
  • excelsior to reach for the stars
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1336 on: August 02, 2019, 01:41:57 pm »
Wish u the best too!  ;)
Do the best, and prepare for disasters.
Upward and outward, no matter the cost.

mehr667

• Forum Regular
  • monash gang wya
« Reply #1337 on: August 02, 2019, 02:03:19 pm »
Do the best, and prepare for disasters.

oh god thats dark but thanks good luck

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1338 on: August 02, 2019, 02:50:13 pm »
oh god thats dark but thanks good luck
It’s necessary to prepare for a failure, even SpaceX crashed some of their falcon 9 rockets at the first few years. We must do the best, and don’t make our minds having a rapid unscheduled disassembly when we fail. The interview is intense! Be prepared!
I’m still not well prepared:(

Dphammy:P

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1339 on: August 02, 2019, 04:14:30 pm »
Borderline sweats be wearing tuxedos lol

Dphammy:P

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1340 on: August 02, 2019, 04:17:15 pm »
im pretty sure that the interview date is ordered by the name of the school you go to because my school is B and someone else from my school has it 7 minutes before me and  someone whos school is D is the same day but later.

My school starts with M and I’m on the 7th 8:40 am oof

Cylo

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1341 on: August 02, 2019, 06:07:04 pm »
Hi guys, i did a mock interview yesterday. The other people who were attending it were constantly talking over me. For the one on one interview, it just got worse - at one stage I couldn't think of anything to say and only after a while was I able to respond "sorry I don't understand, can you like repeat it again"?

And, if this is not all, I am such an introverted person socially, and people usually ask me to speak louder and clearer so that they can understand.

Really stuck here.  :( :( :( it would be great if someone  can help me out: :)
The whole point of it is to let the interview get to know you, and you want to keep the conversation going. I can relate to you, being a similar person myself, but you have to practice speaking louder, and a bit slower than normal so you can be clearly understood. Try not to have those awkward silences, if you do need some time to think about a question, tell the interview that you need a few seconds to think about it, instead of not saying anything at all. The worst answer you can give is silence or 'I don't know.'

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1342 on: August 02, 2019, 07:27:04 pm »
The whole point of it is to let the interview get to know you, and you want to keep the conversation going. I can relate to you, being a similar person myself, but you have to practice speaking louder, and a bit slower than normal so you can be clearly understood. Try not to have those awkward silences, if you do need some time to think about a question, tell the interview that you need a few seconds to think about it, instead of not saying anything at all. The worst answer you can give is silence or 'I don't know.'
Thank you so much :)

If I failed to get in any of those schools I applied, I guess I’ll be joining the army that storms area 51
Lol me too. Did u know there are rumors that pewdiepie, T-series and others will also storm Area 51?

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1343 on: August 02, 2019, 07:54:04 pm »
Ahaha, count me in too  ;D !!
I wonder how does the JMSS officials think when they see us discussing things right here?

Something else to mention, my home is 50 kilometers away from Clayton, where I need an hour and half to get there via PTV, if I get in.  I really hope I can do some R&D and with the cooperation of classmates and assist of mentors, and one day break the sound barrier on the way to school, 10 meters above the ground.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 07:57:52 pm by SynX »

mehr667

• Forum Regular
  • monash gang wya
« Reply #1344 on: August 03, 2019, 06:50:32 am »
I wonder how does the JMSS officials think when they see us discussing things right here?

Something else to mention, my home is 50 kilometers away from Clayton, where I need an hour and half to get there via PTV, if I get in.  I really hope I can do some R&D and with the cooperation of classmates and assist of mentors, and one day break the sound barrier on the way to school, 10 meters above the ground.

bro that’s nothing i’m 70 kms away lol it’s 2 hours and 40 minutes for me from my house to jmss but i agree with breaking the sound barrier

SynX

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1345 on: August 03, 2019, 08:47:01 am »
Hi guys, i did a mock interview yesterday. The other people who were attending it were constantly talking over me. For the one on one interview, it just got worse - at one stage I couldn't think of anything to say and only after a while was I able to respond "sorry I don't understand, can you like repeat it again"?

And, if this is not all, I am such an introverted person socially, and people usually ask me to speak louder and clearer so that they can understand.

Really stuck here.  :( :( :( it would be great if someone  can help me out: :)
What is the process? Please share to everyone, it will be a boost to all of us! What kind of question are they asking you to do?
bro that’s nothing i’m 70 kms away lol it’s 2 hours and 40 minutes for me from my house to jmss but i agree with breaking the sound barrier
Wow, where are you living? Even at Mach 1 it takes more than 3 minutes to go 70 km. If we also include he time for acceleration, it will be around 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:01:53 am by SynX »

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1346 on: August 03, 2019, 09:39:56 am »
What is the process? Please share to everyone, it will be a boost to all of us! What kind of question are they asking you to do?Wow, where are you living? Even at Mach 1 it takes more than 3 minutes to go 70 km. If we also include the time for acceleration, it will be around 5 minutes.

Mach 1? Why travel as fast as sound when we are researching to travel faster?
What is the process? Please share to everyone, it will be a boost to all of us! What kind of question are they asking you to do?
It is everything that JMSS gave in the email. First like ice breakers and I was like telling everyone that I was someone who was interested in science (ik, ik it pretty stupid but all I could think of.  :P). Then, we had the group interview, where this one guy who was really tall was so aggressive he didn't let my team even speak and we were standing like idiots doing nothing. Then there was like a puzzle with words and numbers, where we had to find the value of all of them with given clues (iirc). Finally the one on one interview was alright, just that one of the questions was like asking what is your greatest achievement and I was like thinking for a few moments and then tried to ask again what the question was. Honestly felt so stupid.

Did you check that PM that I sent you?? What are your timings becos I feel like we have the interview at the same time.

mehr667

• Forum Regular
  • monash gang wya
« Reply #1347 on: August 03, 2019, 06:00:02 pm »
Because it will be easier to calculate. :-XNow I’ll know what to do. Suppress others and talk more, and do more thinking in the puzzle.

no dont suppress others you're supposed to encourage others in your group not dominate them please dont suppress others

Cylo

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1348 on: August 03, 2019, 06:39:48 pm »
Mach 1? Why travel as fast as sound when we are researching to travel faster? It is everything that JMSS gave in the email. First like ice breakers and I was like telling everyone that I was someone who was interested in science (ik, ik it pretty stupid but all I could think of.  :P). Then, we had the group interview, where this one guy who was really tall was so aggressive he didn't let my team even speak and we were standing like idiots doing nothing. Then there was like a puzzle with words and numbers, where we had to find the value of all of them with given clues (iirc). Finally the one on one interview was alright, just that one of the questions was like asking what is your greatest achievement and I was like thinking for a few moments and then tried to ask again what the question was. Honestly felt so stupid.

Did you check that PM that I sent you?? What are your timings becos I feel like we have the interview at the same time.
Well if this happens in the real interview and you somehow persuade the tall guy to chill a bit you will stand out a lot

|ican|

• Adventurer
« Reply #1349 on: August 03, 2019, 07:05:02 pm »
Apparently, one major question they might ask is why you want to attend the school or like why you're interested in it?
I feel like im going to panic and say something stupid like i want better education.

Do you guys have any tips on how to answer that question?