Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:20:52 pm

Author Topic: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION  (Read 381108 times)  Share 

_bxnourr

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION
« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2018, 01:12:27 pm »
They're normally biology topics. Last year's was apparently Port Phillip bay's water contamination. That's for the report/informative and the other one is a discussion essay. You just need to know the stuff about the variables and other things. That's all I know but I think you should ask Shadestache or mi-xao or other more experienced people. Also for the informative one most of the info is given to you. Hope it helps, Karan  :) :D

Thanks karan  :)

Appo

• Forum Regular
« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2018, 03:34:14 pm »
The topics recently have been related to environmental issues so a topic related to 'renewable energy' might be plausible this year.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:37:31 pm by Appo »

mi-xao-14

• Forum Obsessive
  • GO BEYOND!!!! PLUS ULTRA!!!!
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2018, 06:04:12 pm »
+1
Hello everyone!!

I hope all you guys are enjoying your school holiday now! From today to the exam day, you've got exactly 8 weeks to go, so I hope that you guys are preparing for it during this holiday, so you don't cramp up your study during Term 2.

Happy study, and happy late Easter!! 🐰 : ))))

_jen_012.x

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2018, 10:33:55 pm »
As of late I’ve been revising different science topics on biology (currently nervous systems) and I’m also revising linear/non linear relations. I’ve taken a break from timed tests as for the holidays I want to revise/learn most of the content especially for maths before term 2 starts. I’ve found studying at the library is quite helpful, as at home I can get distracted easily lmao.
class of 21’

subjects: glopol (2020) english economics philosophy further

_jen_012.x

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2018, 10:37:54 pm »
Also side note, Suzanne Cory high school has been sending me ads all over Instagram, like literally every time I scroll through my feed saying that I should apply lol. Now that I think about it, maybe I should apply for other selective schools. If I did would the application process be different?
class of 21’

subjects: glopol (2020) english economics philosophy further

thelonelyassassin

• Adventurer
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2018, 09:49:03 pm »
Does anyone know how the test for Year 11 would be any different than the Year 10 one and where i can get more information?

_bxnourr

• Adventurer
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2018, 11:26:43 pm »
Does anyone know how the interviews will go? How many get accepted and how many are dropped out?
Also, In regard to the 3% rule, does that mean that only 3% of your year level gets in or 3% of the number of people trying out for jmss I’m your year level ???? Because I have like less that maybe 10 students trying out in my year level and I just want to know if that will down my chances of getting in???
I would appreciate if I could get some answers, thank you  :)

Mr. Universe

• Forum Regular
  • 2019 JMSS
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2018, 11:59:44 am »
Does anyone know how the interviews will go? How many get accepted and how many are dropped out?
Also, In regard to the 3% rule, does that mean that only 3% of your year level gets in or 3% of the number of people trying out for jmss I’m your year level ???? Because I have like less that maybe 10 students trying out in my year level and I just want to know if that will down my chances of getting in???
I would appreciate if I could get some answers, thank you  :)

The 3% refers to the number of applicants from your school. So, if your school has 100 students then only a maximum of 3 may get accepted from your specific school. The chances of getting into JMSS are actually much higher. I don't remember what the exact number was, but you should be able to find it if you go through the forum from the start. The question that you asked has been asked many times already. Hope this Helps!
 :)

_bxnourr

• Adventurer
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2018, 01:04:58 pm »
The 3% refers to the number of applicants from your school. So, if your school has 100 students then only a maximum of 3 may get accepted from your specific school. The chances of getting into JMSS are actually much higher. I don't remember what the exact number was, but you should be able to find it if you go through the forum from the start. The question that you asked has been asked many times already. Hope this Helps!
I definitely got a clearer understanding. Thank you loads!!  :)

mi-xao-14

• Forum Obsessive
  • GO BEYOND!!!! PLUS ULTRA!!!!
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2018, 06:23:44 pm »

Nope, it's not. The 3% rule refers to the total number of students in your cohort, NOT the number of applicants. For example, let's say that there are 200 students in your year level. Regardless the number of students that go for JMSS, the max number that JMSS can accept students from your school is 200 students x 0.03 = 6 students. In other words, it's: "number of students in your year level" x 0.03  = "max number of students from your school being offered by JMSS". You may be thinking this: "number of applicants" x 0.03 = "max number of students from a specific school that are offered by JMSS", but it's not. Dw, I used to be so confused about the 3% rule prior to the last year's exam, so it's all good. ; )
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 08:43:57 pm by mi-xao-14 »

_bxnourr

• Adventurer
« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2018, 12:05:08 am »
+1
Nope, it's not. The 3% rule refers to the total number of students in your cohort, NOT the number of applicants. For example, let's say that there are 200 students in your year level. Regardless the number of students that go for JMSS, the max number that JMSS can accept students from your school is 200 students x 0.03 = 6 students. In other words, it's: "number of students in your year level" x 0.03  = "max number of students from your school being offered by JMSS". You may be thinking this: "number of applicants" x 0.03 = "max number of students from a specific school that are offered by JMSS", but it's not. Dw, I used to be so confused about the 3% rule prior to the last year's exam, so it's all good. ; )

Ohhhhh now I get it, lol silly me
Thankyou! :)

atifa.2

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2018, 03:13:49 am »
hi everyone! i've recently found out about JMSS and although i haven't been to tuition or studied thoroughly, i intend on applying😅 after reading all of the comments on what to prepare for, i do feel kind of nervous. could anyone provide some general tips please i? i would really appreciate it! also if there are any students from JMSS here would you mind letting me know the benefits you've received so far since you began attending? good luck everyone :)

Pranshu_2k17

• Adventurer
« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2018, 08:12:32 pm »
Hello people. I have one dawning question that has been residing at the back of my head for quite some time. I live in the area of Tarniet and attend Werribee Secondary College. Do you guys thing that me attempting for JMSS is a plausible idea? I’m open for any feedback...

Thanks

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2018, 09:10:22 pm »
+1
Hello people. I have one dawning question that has been residing at the back of my head for quite some time. I live in the area of Tarniet and attend Werribee Secondary College. Do you guys thing that me attempting for JMSS is a plausible idea? I’m open for any feedback...

Thanks

how long would it take you to get to jm by (i assume) public transport? it's quite common for people to take 1+ or even 2 hours to get to school. if you're really passionate about this school and you are willing to spend the time traveling every day, then i think it's worth a shot.
2020 VCE
English [raw 50 + 60/60 exam score]
Literature [48]

Offering 2021 English and Literature tutoring + resources!

Pranshu_2k17

• Adventurer
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2018, 09:39:50 pm »
Hey man, quick reply there (nice).
Here's the thing, I'm really passionate about science, I literally live of science. Im so intriqued to getting accepted that, if I were to get in, I'll loose my schorlarship and along with that, my schorlarship macbook (which becomes mine in y11 if I stay). 5-6 people are trying out from my school alone. My parents are questioning me about mainly the travelling everyday ( which btw is approx 1:48 + -) and less time to spend studying in VCE. So If you're a student at JMSS, do people who have gotten accepts, travel long distances similiar to me ( less than 2h) ?.

thanks poeple