Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:42:15 am

Author Topic: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION  (Read 378404 times)  Share 

LolYi

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2018, 01:45:41 pm »
Any one doing photography tmr?

Mr. Universe

• Forum Regular
  • 2019 JMSS
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2018, 02:04:08 pm »
They both were kinda easy for me, but should be around the same
Okay, Thanks!

begirodos18

• Forum Regular
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2018, 10:04:54 pm »
Does participation in icas science count?
I would say preferably a distinction or higher if you are planning to add it to your achievements/ resume for the JMSS interview, however you probably will get away with credits as well for the ICAS achievements. You probably don't need to chuck in a whole lot of ICAS achievements just a couple which you feel like you did well in, just to show that your involved in addition to having strong academic achievements. I also recommend you to put in as much co curricular achievements as possible regardless as to whether you made it to state levels, or just school. The idea is to convey yourself as a well rounded individual that can contribute towards the JMSS community. I hope this helps.

karanwins

• Trailblazer
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2018, 09:06:10 pm »
Hey Guys, I'm new to this group. I will also be trying for the exams. I have gone through this forum and I have gained a lot of knowledge about this exam. Can anyone remember or recall the science subjects or question examples. Thanks in advance, K.

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2018, 09:12:52 pm »
Hey Guys, I'm new to this group. I will also be trying for the exams. I have gone through this forum and I have gained a lot of knowledge about this exam. Can anyone remember or recall the science subjects or question examples. Thanks in advance, K.
No, sorry I don't really remember any. Don't worry too much about them though. Just go through Year 8-10 content and you'll be fine.
When faced with a problem, you either find a way or an excuse.

begirodos18

• Forum Regular
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2018, 09:14:14 pm »
+1
Well in terms of the Science reasoning most of the questions are similar to the ICAS science papers. So if you do ICAS practise papers you should definitely be prepared for the exam.   

karanwins

• Trailblazer
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2018, 09:15:00 pm »
Well in terms of the Science reasoning most of the questions are similar to the ICAS science papers. So if you do ICAS practise papers you should definitely be prepared for the exam.
Thanks. Yes I have done 2 or so ICAS Science papers

mi-xao-14

• Forum Obsessive
  • GO BEYOND!!!! PLUS ULTRA!!!!
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2018, 06:53:40 pm »
Thanks. Yes I have done 2 or so ICAS Science papers

How did you go with them?

Also, for those who understand Vietnamese, I have created a new thread for us (just for fun XD), and it is called......

VIETNAMESE CONVERSATION!!!!! (Yeah, very creative.... Jokes jokes)

Even if you don't understand the language, you're still welcome to the thread! : DDDD

karanwins

• Trailblazer
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2018, 06:55:03 pm »
How did you go with them?

Also, for those who understand Vietnamese, I have created a new thread for us (just for fun XD), and it is called......

VIETNAMESE CONVERSATION!!!!! (Yeah, very creative.... Jokes jokes)

Even if you don't understand the language, you're still welcome to the thread! : DDDD
I did alright. Once a distinction and a credit or merit can't remember.

begirodos18

• Forum Regular
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2018, 07:24:25 pm »
I did alright. Once a distinction and a credit or merit can't remember.
Pretty good. Getting a distinction on an ICAS science paper is around the equivalent of getting a superior in science reasoning on the exam. So you should be fine.

karanwins

• Trailblazer
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2018, 07:25:27 pm »
Yeah I hope. Still not so sure

begirodos18

• Forum Regular
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2018, 07:31:56 pm »
Yeah I hope. Still not so sure
Don't worry the fact that your here means that your a dedicated individual and is willing to work hard to get into jmss. As long as you put in the hard yard you should be fine. You still have plenty of time to start preparing so I suggest you continue with the hard work, also try to get involved with many co curricular activities as possible as jmss will be looking for this.

karanwins

• Trailblazer
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2018, 07:34:01 pm »
Don't worry the fact that your here means that your a dedicated individual and is willing to work hard to get into jmss. As long as you put in the hard yard you should be fine. You still have plenty of time to start preparing so I suggest you continue with the hard work, also try to get involved with many co curricular activities as possible as jmss will be looking for this.

mi-xao-14

• Forum Obsessive
  • GO BEYOND!!!! PLUS ULTRA!!!!
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2018, 08:36:59 pm »
Sorry guys, I forgot to share the link for your access to my new thread. Here you goooo!!

https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=177247.0

Dmdjdjshsjskisidjdjdn

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2018, 05:28:17 pm »
I would say preferably a distinction or higher if you are planning to add it to your achievements/ resume for the JMSS interview, however you probably will get away with credits as well for the ICAS achievements. You probably don't need to chuck in a whole lot of ICAS achievements just a couple which you feel like you did well in, just to show that your involved in addition to having strong academic achievements. I also recommend you to put in as much co curricular achievements as possible regardless as to whether you made it to state levels, or just school. The idea is to convey yourself as a well rounded individual that can contribute towards the JMSS community. I hope this helps.

As for extra curriculars, i am part of the src and the yr level captain of my cohort.