Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:04:23 pm

Author Topic: How do I get a premier's award?  (Read 2285 times)  Share 

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
How do I get a premier's award?
« on: June 02, 2021, 03:58:05 pm »
Anyone knows how? What score do I need?

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
Re: How do I get a premier's award?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 04:20:26 pm »
+3
Way I understand it, the premiers award goes to the people who get the top marks in the state. Top as in out of everyone who gets a study score of 50, you get the highest marks.
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 05:00:02 pm »
Way I understand it, the premiers award goes to the people who get the top marks in the state. Top as in out of everyone who gets a study score of 50, you get the highest marks.
Highest ATAR you mean? Or the highest exam score in that subject?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 05:59:21 pm »
+5
Anyone knows how? What score do I need?
In most subjects you need to get a 50 and then of those who scored a 50 you need to have one of the highest standardised scores.

In some subjects with smaller cohorts there are sometimes no 50s or a very small amount so you can get a premiers award with a non-50 study score there.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 06:40:24 pm »
In most subjects you need to get a 50 and then of those who scored a 50 you need to have one of the highest standardised scores.

In some subjects with smaller cohorts there are sometimes no 50s or a very small amount so you can get a premiers award with a non-50 study score there.
Well looks like the chances of me getting a premiers award is slim to none :(

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 11:37:00 pm »
Remember that exam score matters the most as it boosts your sac marks as well as contributes the most to your total score so don't count yourself out just yet! I think at that top end (high 40's to 50) the difference is literally how you slept, if the particular question is one you struggle with compared to someone who happened to either review the question more recently or just felt more comfortable, stuff like that. So just know your stuff really well (Kinda obvious advice) and pray to our supreme VCAA lords they give a question we looked at in our notes right before the exam.
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.