Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:44:02 am

Author Topic: Should I drop accounting or biology. ADVICE PLS!  (Read 2209 times)  Share 

pans

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
Should I drop accounting or biology. ADVICE PLS!
« on: May 19, 2021, 10:47:05 pm »
Hey,
Just to give a background info
Accounting
- super behind in work
- dont listen in class
- scored a 37% because I DID NOT CARE
( for my last sac I actually revised and pretty sure I will score over 80% but I personally find it hard to grasp the content. Because im just memorising, not actually understanding)

Biology
- half ass listen in class
- scored 75%
- However, theres just way too much to memorise and I just ceebs memorising everything..
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 10:48:36 pm by pans »

waterangel82

• Forum Regular
  • 'The world is quiet here.'
  • Respect: +24
Re: Should I drop accounting or biology. ADVICE PLS!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 09:33:09 am »
Hey,
Accounting
- super behind in work
- dont listen in class
( for my last sac I actually revised and pretty sure I will score over 80% but I personally find it hard to grasp the content. Because im just memorising, not actually understanding)

Biology
- scored 75%
- However, theres just way too much to memorise and I just ceebs memorising everything..

Maybe think about what uni course you're planning to do in the long run. If you're planning to do commerce, maybe keep accounting and drop bio. I know people (unimelb commerce) who didn't do accounting in high school and when they took compulsory accounting subjects in first year, they struggled a fair bit. But if you're planning to do science/biomedical science, maybe keep bio and drop accounting. It's definitely better to have a foundation in bio rather than trying to learn everything bio-related in the 12-week semester at uni!

Hope this helps!
2017 ATAR: 99.20

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 12:10:39 pm »
Hey,
Accounting
- super behind in work
- dont listen in class

Biology
- scored 75%
I don't do accounting, but I do biology. I think biology keeps a lot more options open than accounting as far as I am aware accounting isn't a prerequisite for anything. In my opinion keep the one that you are scoring the highest in and it appears that subject is biology.

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 01:32:19 pm »
Generally rule of thumb is as follows:
1. What do you need as a prerequisite for your uni courses? 
2. Which do you enjoy more: Bio or Accounting?
[wind whistles]
3. If you are still not decided from the first two questions, then as a last resort, ask whether you’re better at one or another (which seems to be Bio).

The first two questions are really important, as you’ll find that the remainder of your high school journey might seem like fingernails on a chalkboard if you’re doing subjects you hate and you’re more likely to do better in ones you like. Prerequisites are kind of non-negotiable, unless you’re adamant that you want to go via a longer route e.g. bridging course, transfer or postgrad courses, hence why I’ve put it so highly.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread