Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:21:12 am

Author Topic: How did you find out about/ discover ATAR Notes?  (Read 2346 times)

Amity H

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +5
How did you find out about/ discover ATAR Notes?
« on: May 08, 2021, 08:05:57 pm »
+14
Hi, I’m new here and was wondering how people discovered this place  :P

Personally, I saw an older student with an ATAR notes text guide at school and that made me look up the website. Now I’ve bought 2 or 3 books, signed up for some lectures, and found out interesting stuff on the forums!!

Keen to hear other peoples’ experiences!
“People don’t care about how much you know until they know how much you care.”

Graduating yr 12 in Qld 2021
I study General English, Maths Methods, Music, Biology and Latin (any fellow Latin people here?)

I’m selling methods notes (units 1-4), pm me for details.

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
Re: How did you find out about/ discover ATAR Notes?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 08:13:40 pm »
+9
Welcome to the forum! ;D

Oh this is a good question!

@Calebark and another friend invited (what felt like) most of my year 12 cohort to go to the January 2016 lectures and the forums were advertised - and jumped on here, rest is history. I'm still here many years later aha :D
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 08:31:28 pm »
+8
I know heids. 'Nuff said.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 08:47:21 pm »
+6
Welcome to the forums!!  ;D

- I joined AN at the end of May 2017 (during year 12) to download Ancient notes for an assignment (and I didn’t really know/care too much about the forum).
- Saw the trial lectures advertised on Facebook and was thinking about going to Ancient/English but wasn’t too sure.
- Saw Susie at the Western Sydney Careers expo, and she was really enthusiastic/passionate about AN and history. Told/encouraged me to post on the History Extension debate thread. Made my first post two days later on the first post thread and then later posted on the debate thread.
- Went to the English, Ancient and Legal lectures and started posting a lot more afterwards and there was an amazingly supportive  community of people on AN. I became a moderator during trials and am still on the forums now!  :D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

beep boop

• Trendsetter
  • studying, what is that?
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 09:25:11 pm »
+7

Personally, I saw an older student with an ATAR notes text guide at school and that made me look up the website. Now I’ve bought 2 or 3 books, signed up for some lectures, and found out interesting stuff on the forums!!

I joined atar notes not too long ago. I have known AN for a while now, but it didn't really matter to me because I wasn't in VCE yet. Since I'm doing 2 3/4 subjects, I looked for tips and tricks for each subject. However, this did not compel me to join AN. After seeing a few classmates using the 3/4 bio AN book, I guessed that finally made me make an account with AN. Tbh, being on AN is great. I can stay in the loop and PM the great authors of subject guides. Everyone is extremely supportive and I don't feel embarrassed when I ask for help. 

I hope you enjoy AN just as much as I do!

Beep boop over and out.
class of '22
'21: viet sl [36], bio
'22: psych, methods, spesh, chem, eng lang
"Distance makes the heart grow fonder and proximity makes the heart want to barf."-Mr K, Never have I Ever
yr 12 stuff :)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 09:42:01 pm »
+8
I first heard about it in a lecture but mostly I started using the forums because a friend told me about them

SnekiSnek

• Trendsetter
  • Knowledge gremlin - coming for your neurons
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 12:49:11 pm »
+5

Personally I was searching through the internet for methods notes and stumbled upon ATAR notes! After utilising those notes I decided that hopefully I could help others once I complete my VCE journey
Literature, Methods, Further, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Psychology, Classical Studies, Physics