Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:45:59 pm

Author Topic: 2019 EAL TUTORING ( RAW 50 | ATAR 99.55)  (Read 4208 times)  Share 

Sarinamfgh

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +5
2019 EAL TUTORING ( RAW 50 | ATAR 99.55)
« on: January 31, 2017, 05:48:45 pm »
+4
Hi!
I am Sarina and I graduated 2016 as the DUX of my school with an atar of 99.55 and raw 50 in EAL. This year I am keen again to tutor EAL students who are not feeling too confident about their writing or the overall scope of the course. No matter how similar the study design of English and EAL seems, in the end, there are some key points that are only assessed in EAL, for instance, the listening and responding task.

I have thoroughly studied Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, No Sugar by Jack Davis, and Invictus by dir. Eastwood. I am also an avid reader and have read a number of books on the 2017 VCAA booklist. If you are studying a text that I have not read, I will be reading it to assist you in the best way I can.

While I will be flexible with your needs, if you are not sure how you want to tackle EAL through tutoring, in each lesson we will be following through a structure, such as this:
  • 10 min Talking about progress in school and handing back last week's work
  • 34min Working through the themes/characters of the text, or Essay techniques, or work on preparations for the upcoming SAC
  • 12min writing/practice Task ( 2min reading + 10min writing)
At the end of each lesson, I will be providing you with homework tasks appropriate to your need, like:
  • Listening tasks
  • Vocabulary building tasks
  • Writing tasks: eg Exam sets
  • Annotation tasks

Through the tuition, I will be giving you notes that will prove effective in improving not only your writing but your language abilities.
Yes, it is possible to get 40+, even if your teachers may not think that you can. Nothing is more important to me other than you reaching your full potential by not being disadvantaged by where you come from or the teachers you have.

Rate: $30/hr
Location: My home (Bulleen), Melbourne University, State Library, Doncaster Library, I am happy to come to your house as well  ;)
Pre-session meeting: If interested we can meet and discuss your goals and your current English level (no cost), parents can also come along  :)
Email: [email protected]

NOTE: If you are experiencing any financial difficulty (that is if you are paying for your own tuition, not parents), I am happy to negotiate a lower price.

You can visit my post 50 in English (as an additional language) to find out more about the elements that helped me to get a study score of 50.

I have attached a page of my Frankenstein quote by theme collection.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:40:07 am by Sarinamfgh »
Available for tutoring 2019 | EAL | English
EAL:50(raw)
Free Frankenstein Study Sessions
https://goo.gl/forms/AB3cGUXS4dObYpRu1

Legolas

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: 2017 EAL TUTORING ( RAW 50 | ATAR 99.55)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 11:58:30 pm »
Hi Sarina! I've got a quick question here... What end of year score do you think will get you a 40+ in EAL?
I know it's also about the sacs but I just want to have a prediction for myself ;)

Sarinamfgh

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +5
Re: 2017 EAL TUTORING ( RAW 50 | ATAR 99.55)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 11:38:35 am »
Hi Sarina! I've got a quick question here... What end of year score do you think will get you a 40+ in EAL?
I know it's also about the sacs but I just want to have a prediction for myself ;)

Hi Legolas,

I should put a disclaimer here:
I have heard that you need +7 (or +70%) scores in all 3 sections in order to get 40.
But surely it is more complicated than that ... just focus on doing your best for now!
If you have any questions or if you want me to take a look at one of your essays email me: [email protected]
Cheers
Available for tutoring 2019 | EAL | English
EAL:50(raw)
Free Frankenstein Study Sessions
https://goo.gl/forms/AB3cGUXS4dObYpRu1

Reneechee

• Fresh Poster
Re: 2019 EAL TUTORING ( RAW 50 | ATAR 99.55)
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 12:52:21 pm »
Hey I am wondering if you still do eal tutoring now? I’ve sent you an email  ;D

Yan0091

• Fresh Poster
Re: 2019 EAL TUTORING ( RAW 50 | ATAR 99.55)
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2022, 08:41:14 pm »
Hi,

May I ask if there is still tutoring this year?

Thank you.