Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:39:16 am

Author Topic: 3rd year arts internship - information session  (Read 987 times)  Share 

reg

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
3rd year arts internship - information session
« on: May 14, 2010, 10:42:49 pm »
Did anybody go to the information session about 3rd year semester 2 internships? Basically my life has been shit these past few months and I have done poorly to keep track of many things, this being one of them. I *really* need to speak to somebody who went to this session, and have so far failed to make contact at uni. I am truly desperate and will be forever thankful if somebody went to this or can point me to somebody who did.

Here is the relevant email

Dear Politics, International Studies or Sociology student

If you are undertaking the third year of your Politics, International Studies or Sociology major, OR if you’re undertaking a Masters of Public Policy & Management, Masters of International Relations, or Masters of Social Policy and are interested in undertaking an internship next semester (Semester 2, 2010), then you should come along to the following:

Internships Information Session – School of Social and Political Sciences

Dr Tom Davis

1-2pm

Thursday, 6 May 2010

Faculty Function Room

Level 5, John Medley Building

At this session we will discuss the course requirements and the application process. This will include information on:

* The differences between the internships on offer
    * The kinds of organisations with which you can be placed
    * How you/we approach those institutions
    * The supervision and training provided by the School
    * How many hours you’re expected to work
    * What sorts of work you’re expected to undertake
    * How these subjects are assessed
    * How the application process is run (NB Application forms are available at http://www.ssps.unimelb.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/322116/Internships_Application_sheet_for_sem_2_2010_Final.pdf )

I look forward to seeing you at the information session.

Kind regards

Tom Davis

Dr Tom Davis
School of Social and Political Sciences
University of Melbourne
Victoria 3010
Australia

ph +61 3 8344 0157
fax +61 3 8344 7906
[email protected]