Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:08:26 am

Author Topic: Monash University Attendance  (Read 3053 times)  Share 

soulcycler

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Monash University Attendance
« on: May 15, 2019, 07:43:31 pm »
Hello, was just wondering is it true that at Monash University you have to attend 80% of all lectures and tutes otherwise you fail? ALSO do they film and upload their lecture online?

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Monash University Attendance
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 07:54:48 pm »
+5
Hello, was just wondering is it true that at Monash University you have to attend 80% of all lectures and tutes otherwise you fail? ALSO do they film and upload their lecture online?
For subjects that have an attendance hurdle, it's usually just tutes/pracs that you have to have 80% attendance at. I think there's maybe a few units that have lecture attendance requirements but the great majority don't have compulsory attendance at lectures.

I think also that if you've passed all your other hurdles they don't often fail people just for not meeting attendance requirements. Usually I think it means they withhold your results so you don't get them at the same time as everyone else and have to wait.

The majority of units record lectures and upload them onto Learning Capture or whatever it's called these days - you access it through Moodle.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 09:01:21 am »
+1

I have never had that be the case for any of my units.  Often there are marks for tute attendence and sometimes for lectures but I've never heard of '80% or fail'.

In all of my units lectures have been recorded and available on Moodle (online platform) but I've heard that this isn't the case for all units

Maya24

• MOTM: OCT 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 11:31:55 pm »

It depends on the course. For my course Health science,  you have to attend all the workshops and tutorials.