Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 10:03:07 pm

Author Topic: Ranking  (Read 1214 times)  Share 

tigerclouds

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +27
Ranking
« on: July 05, 2020, 02:11:33 pm »
Hi guys,
Quick question: do teachers submit different class rankings for Unit 3 and Unit 4 or do you just get an overall ranking at the end of the year? I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out how GA1 and GA2 (for subjects that have those as the SAC marks) can have different marks.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Ranking
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 02:14:50 pm »
+1
Hi guys,
Quick question: do teachers submit different class rankings for Unit 3 and Unit 4 or do you just get an overall ranking at the end of the year? I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out how GA1 and GA2 (for subjects that have those as the SAC marks) can have different marks.
depends on the subject.
As a general rule if there are two end of year exams they will combine both unit 3 and unit 4 sacs into GA1 (e.g. the maths subjects)
If there is only one end of year exam unit 3 will be GA1 and unit 4 will be GA2.

tigerclouds

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 03:04:01 pm »
depends on the subject.
As a general rule if there are two end of year exams they will combine both unit 3 and unit 4 sacs into GA1 (e.g. the maths subjects)
If there is only one end of year exam unit 3 will be GA1 and unit 4 will be GA2.
So for subjects that have only one end of year exam, do you have one ranking for Unit 3 and another ranking for Unit 4?

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 03:06:29 pm »
+1
So for subjects that have only one end of year exam, do you have one ranking for Unit 3 and another ranking for Unit 4?
I didn't realise it the whole of last year, but yes! Apparently, there is a separate rank for U3 and U4 (or at least, that's what my teachers told me at the end of last year).
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 03:10:08 pm »
+1
yeah that is correct -  it is possible to have two completely different rankings for U3 and U4.

I also think teachers need to submit U3 results mid-year so they can't manipulate rankings for unit 3 retrospectively at the end of the year

tigerclouds

• Trendsetter
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 03:21:56 pm »
Cool, thanks guys!

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 06:23:42 pm »
yeah that is correct -  it is possible to have two completely different rankings for U3 and U4.

I also think teachers need to submit U3 results mid-year so they can't manipulate rankings for unit 3 retrospectively at the end of the year

Because if COVID-19 that’s been extended to October. I guess some schools will still be catching up on SACs from online learning or, like my school, are yet to do validation.
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝