Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 08:57:51 pm

Poll

i hope u hv a great day :)

~
0 (0%)
~
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 24, 2020, 06:19:41 pm

Author Topic: Eloise's slightly cHaOTic journey through VCE !  (Read 27285 times)

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
Eloise's slightly cHaOTic journey through VCE !
« on: April 06, 2020, 09:02:27 pm »
+20
Hello everyone!

It's el's vce journey! I wanted to make this for myself to just look back at. I don't know how frequent I will update on here, but I'll try my best :)

This year, I am doing two 3/4s, Methods and Further. I really enjoy maths and I find these subjects very different! My 4 1/2s are English Language, Chemistry, French and Accounting. Funny story, I actually did physics until week 3 and I didn't like it, so I swapped to further 3/4. I basically taught myself half of AOS 1, but it has turned out great! I am also doing accounting via VSV due to timetabling issues with physics, but now as they have changed I am planning to move to my school's accounting class.

My worst subject has always been English, so hopefully English Language helps that and I also have an amazing teacher. I am really enjoying chemistry, and I am proud of my scores. French has been very chill, and I enjoy writing and reading but I'm a little worried about speaking and listening. I have kinda been neglecting accounting, however, I've covered a lot of the content previously in a y10 elective.

For my 3/4's, I am aiming for 40+, however more realistically I am aiming for 40+ in further and 35+ in methods.

Outside of studies, I am very involved with my school and sport. I am house sports captain at my school and I love participating in all sports. I play netball and dive outside of school. However, I had major shoulder surgery last year so I haven't been able to participate as much, but I have taken up the role as a diving coach at my school. I love it! I also have two jobs, however none of them are going rn due to the coronavirus :(. I umpire netball and babysit. I also love Brooklyn 99, and spending time with my beautiful friends and family <3

I want my little journal to be a place for positivity ;).

If you have any questions or tips, please reply to this thread. I would love to answer them!

el x
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 07:30:53 pm by eloisegrace »
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: el's vce journey :)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 09:26:02 pm »
+1
Hey el!!

Awesome that you've made a journal! I'm sure you'll enjoy looking back on your journal in years to come and realise how much you've grown as a person!
What are you most excited about this year? Which maths is your favourite, methods or further??

— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 11:09:00 am »
+4
Hey el!!

Awesome that you've made a journal! I'm sure you'll enjoy looking back on your journal in years to come and realise how much you've grown as a person!
What are you most excited about this year? Which maths is your favourite, methods or further??

Thanks for replying! I've been on AN for a while and have never made a post.

Honestly, I was most excited about sports at school and house activities. My school is very connected through house activities but due to corona some of them may be cancelled :( At least my events as a captain have already happened :D In terms of studies, I was really excited to do subjects that I enjoy, but I didn't realise how much of an increase in workload it would be. Going into term 2, I am really excited about French and Chem, as they are my favourite 1/2s!

In terms of maths, I definitely enjoy further more! It is definitely easier for me (I am pretty strong at maths..). I have a pretty good teacher for further, and I have understood all of the material and enjoyed the classes. Methods is so stressful for me :( I don't have a very good teacher, and the content is quite harder than 1/2. I have had to put in a lot more effort than I thought I would have to. My school may be changing some things for next term due to corona, and I am hoping that me and my friends are able to get some extra support.

How are your subjects going? Why are you interested in paramedicine? I have absolutely no clue what I want to do after y12, but I have another year and a half at least!
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 11:38:09 am »
+3
Honestly, I was most excited about sports at school and house activities. My school is very connected through house activities but due to corona some of them may be cancelled :( At least my events as a captain have already happened :D In terms of studies, I was really excited to do subjects that I enjoy, but I didn't realise how much of an increase in workload it would be. Going into term 2, I am really excited about French and Chem, as they are my favourite 1/2s!

It sucks some events may be cancelled!! At my school, they cancelled school aths :'(
Do you have a favourite house activity?
Are you finding the workload manageable? Doing a language is definitely fun!!! Do you see yourself going anywhere with a language or are you doing it for fun?? I did Indonesian up until Year 11, as in Year 10 I had to do it via distance and it was pretty sucky. Though I definitely regret not continuing it in Year 11 and this year, I wish I'd stuck with it!

In terms of maths, I definitely enjoy further more! It is definitely easier for me (I am pretty strong at maths..). I have a pretty good teacher for further, and I have understood all of the material and enjoyed the classes. Methods is so stressful for me :( I don't have a very good teacher, and the content is quite harder than 1/2. I have had to put in a lot more effort than I thought I would have to. My school may be changing some things for next term due to corona, and I am hoping that me and my friends are able to get some extra support.
Its great you have a good teacher for further, despite methods being stressful are you enjoying the subject as a whole? Is it extending you or is it just stressful and horrible?

How are your subjects going? Why are you interested in paramedicine? I have absolutely no clue what I want to do after y12, but I have another year and a half at least!
My subjects are going pretty well! I love all of them despite wishing I could have done Theatre Studies and Dance or Drama but my school doesn't offer it and wouldn't let us do it via distance.
Paramedicine piqued my interest when I because of a VICSES volunteer. We are Australias largest road rescue provider, meaning that everywhere except for metro areas if you have a car accident SES will be there. Contrary to popular belief the firefighters aren't the ones with the jaws of life, we are. And so doing the training for that and working with paramedics I just fell in love with the fact that we have the ability to change someone's life, if you're in a life-threatening accident the SES and paramedics have the ability to get in the car and reassure the patient and talk them through everything that's going on, letting the patient know that there's going to be a loud bang as we cut through hinges and force the door open and being able to bring them down from hysteria is a really special thing to be able to do especially when they are at their most vulnerable and people remember you being there with them and the kindness more than anything. I also love the medical side of what we do, and I'm a lifeguard so the idea of first aid and all that jazz, I love it.  Its a situation you don't want to happen but when something does happen it's really rewarding to be able to save peoples lives. I will admit there are times when people can't be saved which is so horrible and it stays with you but there are pros and cons to everything and I want to be a paramedic to help save lives, cause the first 15 minutes in any medical situation are the most critical.
Sorry, that was a long blurb.
What are you're hobbies?
Do you have any idea on courses of even jobs you would love to experience?
— VCE —

— University —

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 12:26:16 pm »
+4
It sucks some events may be cancelled!! At my school, they cancelled school aths :'(
Do you have a favourite house activity?

I love House aths! My house came in a very close second (we deserved first...) and we won the spirit stick! My school is very spirity and honestly winning the spirit stick made my day. I also love House Dance and I'm really hoping it goes ahead...

Are you finding the workload manageable?

Yes, but I have been procrastinating a lot this year. However, I am trying to balance myself these holidays to get a good amount of work done, especially for methods!

Doing a language is definitely fun!!! Do you see yourself going anywhere with a language or are you doing it for fun?? I did Indonesian up until Year 11, as in Year 10 I had to do it via distance and it was pretty sucky. Though I definitely regret not continuing it in Year 11 and this year, I wish I'd stuck with it!

I love French! I really enjoy the language a lot. I don't think I will pursue it as a career, however, I am hoping to keep up with it after school. I was looking forward to going on an exchange this year, however I'm not sure that is gonna happen with VCE exams being pushed back and the coronavirus. I am really sad about that, but it is what it is I guess...

Its great you have a good teacher for further, despite methods being stressful are you enjoying the subject as a whole? Is it extending you or is it just stressful and horrible?

It is definitely extending me! I was pretty much fine with it all until the current topic, however with a lot of questions and lots of snapchat rants and questions to my classmates, I think I've got it. Next term, I am planning on maybe contacting one of the other teachers or the Head of Maths at my school :).

My subjects are going pretty well! I love all of them despite wishing I could have done Theatre Studies and Dance or Drama but my school doesn't offer it and wouldn't let us do it via distance.

That's annoying! Doing a subject via distance is hard, although there are probably 10 people in my year level doing something like that. One of my best friends is doing Dance 3/4 and she loves it! But sometimes I think it is good for those things to just be hobbies rather than actual VCE subjects.

Paramedicine piqued my interest when I because of a VICSES volunteer. We are Australias largest road rescue provider, meaning that everywhere except for metro areas if you have a car accident SES will be there. Contrary to popular belief the firefighters aren't the ones with the jaws of life, we are. And so doing the training for that and working with paramedics I just fell in love with the fact that we have the ability to change someone's life, if you're in a life-threatening accident the SES and paramedics have the ability to get in the car and reassure the patient and talk them through everything that's going on, letting the patient know that there's going to be a loud bang as we cut through hinges and force the door open and being able to bring them down from hysteria is a really special thing to be able to do especially when they are at their most vulnerable and people remember you being there with them and the kindness more than anything. I also love the medical side of what we do, and I'm a lifeguard so the idea of first aid and all that jazz, I love it.  Its a situation you don't want to happen but when something does happen it's really rewarding to be able to save peoples lives. I will admit there are times when people can't be saved which is so horrible and it stays with you but there are pros and cons to everything and I want to be a paramedic to help save lives, cause the first 15 minutes in any medical situation are the most critical.
Sorry, that was a long blurb.

That is so cool! Having a passion is really great for your future! I remember when a tree fell across my street and nearly hit my house... and the SES completely cleaned it in the middle of the night. I am in awe of emergency workers, lots of my family are paramedics, firees or police officers!

What are you're hobbies?
Do you have any idea on courses of even jobs you would love to experience?

I would love to go into some health course, but not strictly medicine. At the moment, I am a bit interested in physiotherapy or pharmacy, however, I am pretty sure that I will go into a general course at the start and then do more specific further study.

I hope year 12 isn't too stressful at the moment! I could not imagine the stress you all are going through. Do you have any advice for year 11's at the moment. Of course you didn't go through year 11 during corona, but you went through it nonetheless.

If there is anything you need help with with further, I am always here!
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 11:25:41 am »
+7
Fun Friday !

So today I have decided to post 10 fun facts about me (a.k.a. I'm procrastinating my eng lang hehe...)!

1. I am a redhead. My hair has been bright red since I was born.
2. I am really tall (5’10” or 1.78m)
3. My favourite trip was going to America last year with school. It was a science tour in Florida. We went to NASA Space Camp for 5 days and then explored Florida for 5 days. I wish I could go back :(
4. My friends always called me Weasley and my family’s nickname for me is Japanese Grapes (rhymes with Eloise grace?)
5. I have half-siblings that are a lot older than me, so I am an aunt of 5 (soon to be 6!) kids
6. I am very injury prone :(
7. I love ABBA and Queen. My favourite songs are ‘Thank You For The Music’ and ‘Killer Queen’
8. I am allergic to tape haha
9. My sporting idol is Anabelle Smith (an Olympic diver) and I got to meet her last year at my school sports dinner :)
10. I played Ryan from high school musical in a musical theatre piece for my house during house music (and we WON overall) :))

I know these are rly random but I hope they help you know me a lil better :)

Feel free to post a fun fact or two about yourself! I hope you are all doing well <3

Eloise x
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 11:50:46 am »
+3
7. I love ABBA and Queen. My favourite songs are ‘Thank You For The Music’ and ‘Killer Queen’
Yessssss girl! You CANNOT go wrong with ABBA and Queen ♡
Fun fact about me: I am a volunteer lighting technician and stagehand and have worked 2 musicals (Annie and Young Frankenstein), a stagehand for a local music festival (worked with Saskwatch and The Teskey Brothers) and I am lined up to work Kinky Boots and Mama Mia (so keen) next year.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 12:01:21 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 08:57:19 pm »
+10
Holiday Update  ;)

Hello everyone!
I hope you have all had a good holiday and easter 🍫. These holidays have been very boring and mundane, as I haven't been able to do anything out of the house rly :(. My holidays are usually filled with seeing my friends and family, shopping and getting out of the house. I have managed to go for a walk every day with my mum, but other than that I've just been watching YouTube, Netflix and doing some work... On to my subjects  :D

Methods 3/4
Ok, I have a love-hate relationship with this subject. I actually weirdly find it fun doing the questions once I understand them. However, there are some things I don't completely understand and as a perfectionist that annoys me. I have high expectations for myself in this subject and I am not just someone doing it as a pre-requisite. I don't know how hard it is to get a 40 in this subject but I would love to achieve that, but I'm not sure if it's possible.
During the holidays I completed:
6D-6K and 7A-7E Cambridge textbook
1.7, 2.7, 4.4 Nelson textbook
A giant circular functions exam questions
My bound reference
ATAR Notes lecture  ;)
Assignment 3 and 4

Further 3/4
Further is super chill. I find the content very simple however I need to do lots of practice to master exam style question. I have had one SAC and it was pretty good. I am excited to continue to learn the content and hopefully get better and better :)
During the holidays I have completed:
6E and 7E Cambridge textbook
5.1-5.5 Nelson textbook
Organise my folder
ATAR Notes lecture
ATAR Notes Data Analysis Topic Tests

English Language 1/2
I want to like this subject so much but I just can't :( :(. I am trying to engage with the content and look further into it but English does not seem to pique my interest at all. If you have any tips to enjoy English Language (or any English), pleasee let me know! I want to start liking and engaging with this subject as it has to be in my top 4 and I want to do well and prove myself wrong as I have always thought that I am bad at English.
During the holidays I completed:
Practice interest presentation
Half of a Short Answer Question booklet
Organise my folder...

Chemistry 1/2
I really enjoy this subject :). However, I feel like I don't retain the knowledge that much. I understand things but I just can't remember them. Any tips for that would be much appreciated.
During the holidays I have done;
Chapter 4 summary
Chapter 5 summary
organise my chem folder
AOS 1 2018 test

French 1/2
I love French sm hehe. I LOVE my class (rip our fun times cos corona :'() and the subject is pretty chill. I just need to try and revise and put more effort into improving my French however I am very happy with myself in this subject.
During the holidays I have done (we had no hw lol):
Watch Belle et Sebastian (HIGHLY recommend)
Watch the French News on SBS

Accounting 1/2
I am not vibing with this subject atm. I rly dislike how VSV works, as there isn't much actual teaching, you basically read notes and maybe watch a video. I am really excited to move into my schools' accounting class in term 2  ;D. I also did nothing for this subject on the holidays...

Overall, I have been somewhat productive but there is a lot more that I would have wanted to do but I defs set too high of expectations.

Are you all excited to go back to school? Personally, I am excited to have a bit of routine in my life but am not looking forward to doing remote school for term 2. I just miss my friends so much 🥺🥺

eloise 🥰🥰

ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 04:50:15 pm »
+8
Wow... back to school again  :(

Hello everyone! I hope you had a great first couple of days back at school. This is a really weird time for all of us and I am always here for everyone if you need! Warning, this is probably going to be a very long update so bear with me please :)

Ok, so... how have I been going. Honestly, not too great. I am really disliking online school. The few benefits (more time, warm food, no uniform) are heavily outweighed by the cons (not being able to see friends and teachers, sitting at the same desk for 6 hours, unmotivated). I really miss school and online school is definitely not my fav. However, I am really trying to stay on top of my work and be working in an almost identical matter to what I would be doing if I was in school.

The worst part is definitely being at home and not being able to see my friends. I am an only child and I love my friends to death. I love social interaction and that aspect of school (especially my school with the sports and house programs). This isolation is really killing me. I have been FaceTiming my friends while I go on lunchtime walks but it truly isn't the same. I bumped into one of my friends that I hadn't really talked to over the holidays and hanging out with her for an hour truly made me realise how much I miss my friends. I'm sorry for being so negative and I do believe that I am extremely fortunate in this situation. My family has not had to struggle financially or physically and I am very grateful for that. However, I'm just getting a bit lonely and I want to go back to school!

Onto subject related stuff:

Further 3/4:
Holy moly I love further ♡. It just makes sense to me. I had the second part of my Data Analysis SAC on Thursday and I think it went well ??? My school sets really ambiguous SACs as that is how VCAA asks them too apparently, however, the rest of the SACs will be more structured like the exam due to remote learning. Yay! The teacher goes at a very slow pace which is nice in comparison to my other classes. While further is one of my 3/4s, I definitely find it the most relaxing subject. For further, we use Zoom to learn content and then stay on the zoom call while doing exercises. We just finished looking at sequences and recurrence relations and tbh its basically y7 maths. I love it hehehe.

Methods 3/4:
I hate this subject I hate this subject I hate this subject I hate this subject I hate this subject. Complete opposite of further. This subject has and will most definitely cause me the most stress and anxiety throughout this year. There are some private things that are making it super difficult in this subject. I would move classes however my blocking does not allow it :'(. As someone who is used to doing very well in maths, this is a bit of a shock. We are about to start calculus using the 'Flip Learning' method where we basically watch a video made by my teacher explaining the content and then go into a zoom meeting with our teacher to ask questions. I KNOW this will not work for me. They tried to do a bit of this last term and it did not work for me, hence why I had to search up lots of YouTube videos trying to explain the general solution :(. We had a progress test today, and it was awful. It was a NEAP diagnostic test on Circular Functions and let me tell you it was hard. Like really hard. I did a lot of exam questions relating to circular functions and these were harder than almost all of them. Anyways, I really hope that this subject will get better for me and that I do well in my SAC in two weeks. Eek!

English Language 1/2:
Nothing much has gone on in this subject. My teacher who is super sweet slowly eased us into the term which was very nice. We just finished a transcriptions task where we had to read another person conversation as they said it. it was quite interesting! As we are remote learning, some of the course is being altered to ease the stress on us thank god hehe! We have finished U1AOS1 which is vital to 3/4, however, the rest of the year is not completely relevant which is nice for me. I have a SAT next week on text analysis which I hope I do ok on. I need to correct the short answer questions that I have answered and maybe do some more.

Chemistry 1/2:
Is it weird to say that I love chemistry? I really love the content and find it super interesting and not too hard to understand. However, my decent memory seems to fade when trying to do questions. I know that questions are the best way to study for me, however, I need to try and learn and remember the content first. Any tips would be appreciated. Like English Language, the course is getting slightly shortened due to coronavirus which is nice  :D. I have my AOS1 test next week and I am a bit nervous for it... I didn't do too badly on the AOS1 test on Atoms, the PT and Metals (87%), however, I have been struggling with remembering the content to do well on the practice tests. I will do some more study on the weekend in the hopes of improving!

French 1/2:
Super chill as always. We had a good zoom meeting today talking about our holidays and catching up. I LOVE my french class so much and it was so nice to see everyone in the same room (be it online) :) I have some writing due in a week but other than that not much for this subject. However, I am trying to do an hour of study a week to improve my French, as it is probably my weakest subject after English Language. I was very pleased with my speaking outcome score (85%) but I feel like my French isn't at a level where I want it to be. Sadly, it looks like I am not going to be able to go on an exchange and I am devastated. My friend and I were planning on going and had made (fake) plans to see our favourite French singers in concert, Kids United! I would highly recommend their songs, especially 'On écrit sur les murs' and 'Chante'. If you walked by our French class last year, you probably would have heard my friends and I having the best time singing these songs ;D

Accounting 1/2:
I am soo glad I am moving to my school's accounting class in Unit 2. While I see the many benefits and VSV and it really is great for some people, I am not one of those people. I just finished Week 8 and Week 9 is due today. Also, my teacher emailed me and texted?! me saying that I hadn't completed Week 8, even when all VCE classes had had an extension mentioned in multiple emails. I find accounting decently easy and I enjoy having breadth in my subjects, but sometimes it is very frustrating...

Over the weekend and next week, I want to get into some good habits and a study routine. I want to be caught up and less stressed. I know this is a very hard time and I am trying to give myself as much down-time as possible.

I'm curious, how do you guys remote learn? Feel free to answer my poll  :)

I also want to thank this AN community for being so welcome, and especially J_Rho who has been so sweet and kind to me.

I hope you have had a great week and have a good weekend (make sure to do something relaxing)

Eloise xx
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 07:09:35 pm »
+5
Ok, so... how have I been going. Honestly, not too great. I am really disliking online school. The few benefits (more time, warm food, no uniform) are heavily outweighed by the cons (not being able to see friends and teachers, sitting at the same desk for 6 hours, unmotivated).
I feel this! Make sure you reach out to those you are comfortable with and continue to talk about your frustrations, its a really tough time and we all need to make sure we are looking after our mental wellbeing in the long run.

Further 3/4:
Holy moly I love further ♡. It just makes sense to me. I had the second part of my Data Analysis SAC on Thursday and I think it went well ??? My school sets really ambiguous SACs as that is how VCAA asks them too apparently, however, the rest of the SACs will be more structured like the exam due to remote learning. Yay! The teacher goes at a very slow pace which is nice in comparison to my other classes. While further is one of my 3/4s, I definitely find it the most relaxing subject. For further, we use Zoom to learn content and then stay on the zoom call while doing exercises. We just finished looking at sequences and recurrence relations and tbh its basically y7 maths. I love it hehehe.
What did you do for your data analysis sac?? I'm 110% stressed about my data sac next week cause it is SO vague!!

Over the weekend and next week, I want to get into some good habits and a study routine. I want to be caught up and less stressed. I know this is a very hard time and I am trying to give myself as much down-time as possible.
Try not to expect to form habits overnight and don't be too harsh on yourself, make sure you really differentiate study time from downtime so you can allow yourself to fully relax. There's nothing worse than not being able to completely unwind because you didn't feel like you used your study time efficiently. It takes 21 days to form a habit and 90 days to create a lifestyle :)

I'm curious, how do you guys remote learn? Feel free to answer my poll  :)
My classes are currently using Google Meet to host video call classes, and Google Hangouts to ask questions. For SES we are holding training via WebEx. It's all working really quite well so far, but lack of motivation and ease of procrastination is such an issue tho.

I also want to thank this AN community for being so welcome, and especially J_Rho who has been so sweet and kind to me.
Aww anytime girl, we are all here to support each other now more than ever
— VCE —

— University —

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 01:34:26 pm »
+4
What did you do for your data analysis sac?? I'm 110% stressed about my data sac next week cause it is SO vague!!
I completed some practice SACs that my school handed out, but imo I think it is hard to study for if you know the knowledge. Something I found SUPER handy was templates on how to answer data analysis questions. I also completed chp7 in the Cambridge textbook and the relevant chapters in some commercial resources (I don't think this is necessary because the question style is SO different.

I also think crafting a bound reference that suits YOU is a great form of revision (include tips and common mistakes)

Try not to expect to form habits overnight and don't be too harsh on yourself, make sure you really differentiate study time from downtime so you can allow yourself to fully relax. There's nothing worse than not being able to completely unwind because you didn't feel like you used your study time efficiently. It takes 21 days to form a habit and 90 days to create a lifestyle :)
This is honestly how I have been feeling the past couple of weeks. Something I am trying to do is use the Pomodoro technique (25 mins study, 5 rest, repeat 4 times then a 30min rest) and even though I just started it today I think it is so helpful!!

It's all working really quite well so far, but lack of motivation and ease of procrastination is such an issue tho.
Exactly how me and my close work friends are feeling!

Aww anytime girl, we are all here to support each other now more than ever
I love this little community. I also love how supportive and community-driven my school is during these times. I know I can always talk to so many people if I need extra support :) :)
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 08:35:33 pm »
+6
Week 2 of Online School

Another week done :). Boy has this week been exhausting... Not much outside of school has happened this week so I will move onto the school-related stuff.

Further 3/4
Still love further! We just started recursion and financial and I find it nice and straightforward. It is basically linear equations with different letters... I haven't got my SAC back and I starting to get nervous, hopefully, I will get it back next week. I am completely happy with this subject online, and I hope it will continue that way.

Methods 3/4
Gosh this subject takes a toll on me. While I don't find the basics of calculus that hard, its just a hassle to complete and it takes so long. I have 4 SACs in the next 2 weeks and I am super scared. This subject is definitely the cause of my stress at the moment, however, I am glad that I am doing it in year 11 and not year 12.

English Language 1/2
This week was pretty chill except for Part B of my AOS1 SAT. It was supposed to be last term but got pushed back multiple times. I actually think I did better than I thought I would. The text was an advertisement with a clear purpose and I think my answers had all of the stuff that my teacher told me to include in my practice short answer questions. Pretty excited to move onto to a less content-heavy topic of Unit 1, and one that is not very relevant to 3/4. I hope I find it more interesting :)

Chemistry 1/2
I am really enjoying chem at the moment. It works very well at home and the content seems very relevant and intertwined hehe. We had our AOS1 test and it was pretty good, except for some very weird wording hahaha. Excited to continue ♡

French 1/2
Honestly, I neglect French at times and it is super easy to. I really want to start doing extra French outside to improve as I feel like during quarantine my skills are decreasing. However, we are doing a unit on French history and talking about the past and I find it pretty interesting. I honestly miss French so much in real life, I love my class and I feel like it is so much better in real life.

Accounting 1/2
This week was pretty boring. We only have 3 more weeks of content before an open book SAT and then the end of Unit 1. I can't wait to move onto Unit 2 and I hope I start enjoying it more.

Co-Curricular
I have been doing lots of sport and house activities online. I have helped organise Remote Cross Country and promote weekly house activities. I love how my school is staying so connected during these times xxx

Personal
I'm feeling super tired and unmotivated lately. I hope that after this week I will be fine as I only have methods assessments til about week 6ish which is nice. I need a break but it is so hard to find time atm. But I am talking to lots of people during iso and having a blast even if it is through a screen.

El x
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

emilyswag

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 08:53:06 pm »
+4
hi we r doing v v similar subjects and i thought that was cool!! im doing methods 3/4 & normal english / chem / french / spec / economics 1/2. how are u finding online school? personally im thriving in methods online, everything else is just kinda boring compared to irl :)

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 01:34:04 pm »
+2
hi we r doing v v similar subjects and i thought that was cool!! im doing methods 3/4 & normal english / chem / french / spec / economics 1/2. how are u finding online school? personally im thriving in methods online, everything else is just kinda boring compared to irl :)

hi emily! welcome to AN :). So funny that we are doing similar subjects. I nearly chose spec and was going to do normal English until eng lang was introduced to my year level. how is eco? my school doesn't offer eco and even after doing multiple commerce electives i still don't really know what it is about!

i don't really like online school, but i am surviving as you would say ahah. methods is definitely the worst subject online for me. it just doesn't work with my teacher and how i personally learn, however one good thing that has come out of this is that i am better at teaching myself concepts :). where are you up to in class. we are about 2/3 of the way through chp 9 in cambridge (differentiation) and I have my first SAC in about a week and a half and i'm super nervous!

what have u been doing for french? i love this subject but i feel like i don't do enough to improve my language skills :(
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2020, 09:18:42 pm »
+7
Mid Week Update

Hello everyone! A lil update here because I am in a good mood and i have lots to share with you :)

Personal
I have started to become more positive towards online school and this whole situation! This has been one of the first few weeks in year 11 where I have not felt overwhelmed. I have been truly happy which is great! And lastly, my shoulder is getting better and stronger. I had a strength test and a 1/3 of the tests were 100% (same strength as my good arm) with the rest being around 75%-90%. I'm so happy as for the past month I feel like my rehab has been useless but 5 months after my recon I am finally seeing proper results!

Co-Curricular
We had remote cross country on Tuesday and it was honestly fun. I really enjoyed having house spirit while remote and I'm so proud of my house for being so enthusiastic. This is my last official event as house sports captain which is a bit sad but I have had a great time and I'm glad that it is done early in the year so I can focus on other things.

I completed my silver Duke of Ed finally! I got everything signed off and I'm super excited to start working on my gold :)

Methods 3/4
Not much has happened but I have finished chapter 9 before my class so I need to start working on some SAC style questions. I am feeling a bit better about this subject which is good but it's still quite challenging, especially remote.

Further 3/4
We have nearly finished chapter 8 which is good. I want to start doing some checkpoints and other questions as I go. Also, I got my SAC result back. I was so nervous... this is my first ever SAC result ever. I opened it while on a call with my friends which was quite funny hahaha.

I wish I could put this in one of those open boxes, I don't know how to do this so if you do please teach me how  :D
I got an A+!!

I am so incredibly happy and this result counts for at least 10% of my study score (may be more due to Unit 3 weighting of data analysis and financial)

English Language 1/2
This subject is still my least favourite, however, I am excited to move onto Child Language Acquisition and we have learnt some year 12 stuff due to a shortened course. I haven't received my SAC results back and I am hoping for a 70%+ (i know that's not very high but I am trying to be realistic).

Chemistry 1/2
I love chem. I got my Unit 1 AOS1 test back and I got a 96%!! I really don't know how I got this but I am very proud of myself and I'm glad I have a solid grasp of this topic.

French 1/2
French is pretty chill at the moment. We are doing some history stuff and I have been having some fun. French is a chill subject for me this year and I enjoy the work.

Accounting 1/2
I am slowly trying to get back into the swing of online accounting. I only have 2 weeks of content left and 1 test and then I can revise some Unit 1 stuff for preparation to Unit 2 with my school.

I hope you are all having a great week!

Eloise
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !