Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 03:36:34 pm

Author Topic: Multiple choice help  (Read 934 times)  Share 

ilikeapples

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Multiple choice help
« on: November 04, 2018, 09:26:13 pm »
"Which of the following is most likely to allow an infant industry in Australia to benefit from globalisation" - the answer is an increase in Australia's recognition of international educational qualifications. Could someone please explain to me what this means? And what part of the syllabus is it from as I have never heard of 'international educational qualifications', thank you

ilikeapples

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Multiple choice help
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 09:31:53 pm »
Another question attached: why is the answer C, I though an decrease in inflation would increase the purchasing power?

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 09:45:34 pm »
+1
Another question attached: why is the answer C, I though an decrease in inflation would increase the purchasing power?

Hey!

So this question has been answered by my BFF @Lumenoria many of times so if you scroll through the question thread you should be able to find it.

But basically what it's saying is yes although there has been a decrease in inflation, there is still inflation occurring in the economy. This means that the inflation of 1% is increasing at a decreasing rate. So regardless of whether inflation has decreased, there is still inflation and thus when there is inflation, the purchasing power of customers decreases!

Hope that makes sense :)
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

Lumenoria

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +85
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 09:53:38 pm »
Hey!

So this question has been answered by my BFF @Lumenoria many of times so if you scroll through the question thread you should be able to find it.

But basically what it's saying is yes although there has been a decrease in inflation, there is still inflation occurring in the economy. This means that the inflation of 1% is increasing at a decreasing rate. So regardless of whether inflation has decreased, there is still inflation and thus when there is inflation, the purchasing power of customers decreases!

Hope that makes sense :)

AHAHAHAH ily
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)