Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:11:28 am

Author Topic: HELP! Uni admission  (Read 1378 times)

Hawraa

• Trailblazer
HELP! Uni admission
« on: December 29, 2019, 01:00:07 am »
Hi everyone,
I need urgent help from you guys particularly if anyone is attending USYD.
So the problem is that I have received an offer for my course at USYD a week ago and they sent me a (single use link) to get me to (Sydney student) to change my password. When I click the link and get to the website I CANNOT LOG IN!! 😭😭
I remember once I've asked them a question online and they made me creat an account on the Sydney student so I've even tried the password for that one and it still didn't work. I've put my email as the user name, then I tried my name but nothing works. I've tried everything for the past week but nothing works. And the uni is on holiday and I'm literally freaking out, because if I don't log in by tomorrow to accept the offer and the scholarship, it will be cancelled 😭😭.And I've already started collecting all the documents required for the enrolment. Do you think if I send them an email and explain the situation they would understand?
Sorry if I made it so long, but I thought you might know something. Please if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

annabeljxde

• Forum Regular
  • 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘇𝘆 𝗲𝗴𝗴
Re: HELP! Uni admission
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 11:21:40 am »
Hi everyone,
So the problem is that I have received an offer for my course at USYD a week ago and they sent me a (single use link) to get me to (Sydney student) to change my password. When I click the link and get to the website I CANNOT LOG IN!! 😭😭
I remember once I've asked them a question online and they made me creat an account on the Sydney student so I've even tried the password for that one and it still didn't work. I've put my email as the user name, then I tried my name but nothing works. I've tried everything for the past week but nothing works. And the uni is on holiday and I'm literally freaking out, because if I don't log in by tomorrow to accept the offer and the scholarship, it will be cancelled 😭😭.And I've already started collecting all the documents required for the enrolment. Do you think if I send them an email and explain the situation they would understand?
Sorry if I made it so long, but I thought you might know something. Please if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Hi!

Unfortunately, I'm not going to USYD but I've had a similar problem with UNSW. I couldn't log in to accept my scholarship but I realised that I was putting in the wrong password the whole time, and I'd already made too many failed attempts so the site blocked my account (I kept getting 'Your session is invalid'). I emailed the university and they told me that either:
- I was logging in as a UNSW student when I shouldn't be logging in as one
- To try logging on using different devices
- To use my UAC code instead of my UNSW iD number

Maybe, if the USYD scholarships website has similar functions, you could try out these methods? I'm not too sure but I kept on trying to log in the entire day and then it suddenly worked when I used my phone and did the actions I listed above. Let me know if it still doesn't work. :)
HSC 2018: Studies of Religion 1
HSC 2019: English Advanced | Biology | Chemistry | Mathematics | Mathematics Ext.1

my hsc studygram: @orenji.study

kauac

• Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 03:01:41 pm »
Hi everyone,

Hi!
Along with what annabeljxde has said, have you tried using your student id number (should be provided in the same email as the link) and the password from the account you previously created?

Definitely sending that email wouldn't hurt either.  :) Hope it all works out!
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

Hawraa

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 03:09:50 pm »
Hi!
Along with what annabeljxde has said, have you tried using your student id number (should be provided in the same email as the link) and the password from the account you previously created?

Definitely sending that email wouldn't hurt either.  :) Hope it all works out!
Hi!

Unfortunately, I'm not going to USYD but I've had a similar problem with UNSW. I couldn't log in to accept my scholarship but I realised that I was putting in the wrong password the whole time, and I'd already made too many failed attempts so the site blocked my account (I kept getting 'Your session is invalid'). I emailed the university and they told me that either:
- I was logging in as a UNSW student when I shouldn't be logging in as one
- To try logging on using different devices
- To use my UAC code instead of my UNSW iD number

Maybe, if the USYD scholarships website has similar functions, you could try out these methods? I'm not too sure but I kept on trying to log in the entire day and then it suddenly worked when I used my phone and did the actions I listed above. Let me know if it still doesn't work. :)

Thanks for your reply 🌷, I emailed them but they didn't reply yet. I managed to log in somehow yesterday using my email as the user name and the password for it but it takes me to a portal different to what they show on their website. I think it's because this account was created when sent then an enquiry. I also tried to use the student ID number they sent me in the email, but it didn't work, I clicked onto forgot password? And need help logging in? Neither worked too. I guess I can only wait till tomorrow and call them at 9am hoping they can help me accept the offer before it expires.

Thanks again guys 🌷