Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 06:55:55 pm

Author Topic: VCE Further Maths Exam 1 - 01/11/19 - Discussion/Questions/Solutions  (Read 22888 times)

pugs

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +27
Re: VCE Further Maths Exam 1 - 01/11/19 - Discussion/Questions/Solutions
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2019, 05:33:21 pm »
+1
I went with 1 (B), but found the wording of the question to be a little ambiguous. I found it unclear whether or not the "other" was referring to any person "other" from "Y" (including W) or a person "other" than W, I assumed it to mean any person "other" than Y so went with B since Y can communicate directly to W. Also if it did mean one other from W, did it mean as in from Y directly to one other person and then directly to W, in which case there would be 0 ways. Or did it mean from Y directly to one "other" than W and then whatever as long as it gets to W, in which case there would be infinite ways.

Also I just realised I mixed up Networks Question 4  >:( , would have realised if I had time to read over that section, exams suck.
i just replied in the thread above but yes!! that was me omg – if only they had added 'by FIRST sending it directly to one other person' or made the wording more clear :/ i went with B too

2019 vce journal here

piEsquare

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2019, 05:34:05 pm »
+2
for matrices q7 did anyone feel that the wording was ambiguous or was it just me :(

when it says "by sending it directly to one other person" i thought of from Y directly to W when i was checking through my answers even though i initially had the two-step answer because of the wording ://

oh yeah, definitely. it took me a while to decide which route to take, but i ended up looking at the question as the two-stage pathway meaning, so my answer was 0 (A).

pugs

• Trendsetter
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2019, 05:35:43 pm »
oh yeah, definitely. it took me a while to decide which route to take, but i ended up looking at the question as the two-stage pathway meaning, so my answer was 0 (A).
i should've known that they wouldn't make it as simple as directly but ahh the wording threw me off
do you reckon there's any chance vcaa will accept both answers lol i cry

2019 vce journal here

Turgle

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2019, 05:38:30 pm »
+1
for matrices q7 did anyone feel that the wording was ambiguous or was it just me :(

when it says "by sending it directly to one other person" i thought of from Y directly to W when i was checking through my answers even though i initially had the two-step answer because of the wording ://
Yeah, I thought wasn't to clear either :/, spent way too much time on it

Amnilauv

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2019, 05:39:14 pm »
+1

also can someone check geometry & measurement with me please :)
1. D
2. A
3. C
4. E
5. C
6. D
7. D
8. B
Impressive! Everything is correct.

reards

• Adventurer
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2019, 05:40:16 pm »
a copy of exam anywhere?

peds01

• Adventurer
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2019, 05:43:54 pm »
+1
i should've known that they wouldn't make it as simple as directly but ahh the wording threw me off

I recall there being multiple answers to questions in the past so I'm sure it's a possibility. Looking back I'd guess the answer was intended to be A because of like you said how simple B was, but the wording made either possible imo.

soneo5two2

• Adventurer
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2019, 05:43:59 pm »
These are the solutions we have came up with, please let me know if there's any mistakes.

Core data: BBDDCDBBEAABEEDC
Core financial: DCACCECB
Matrices: CDEEBAAE
Networks: ECCABABD

cats for the cup 2019

• Adventurer
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2019, 05:45:50 pm »

niiiiicceee...i did all those answers too.  ;D ;D

Nexica

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2019, 05:48:28 pm »
+1
I hope VCAA will accept both answers. I spent like 20 minutes trying to figure it out :P
lol

pugs

• Trendsetter
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2019, 05:48:37 pm »
+1
thank you!

2019 vce journal here

pugs

• Trendsetter
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2019, 05:49:35 pm »
+1
I recall there being multiple answers to questions in the past so I'm sure it's a possibility. Looking back I'd guess the answer was intended to be A because of like you said how simple B was, but the wording made either possible imo.
I hope VCAA will accept both answers. I spent like 20 minutes trying to figure it out :P
hopefully!! fingers crossed (yEs omg i spent way too long on it)
(even though i already screwed up that plane question as well rip – didn't realise it was steady state)

2019 vce journal here

pugs

• Trendsetter
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2019, 05:51:49 pm »
These are the solutions we have came up with, please let me know if there's any mistakes.

Core data: BBDDCDBBEAABEEDC
Core financial: DCACCECB
Matrices: CDEEBAAE
Networks: ECCABABD
i don't do networks so can't say for that, but i'm pretty sure everything else is correct! nicee

2019 vce journal here

gpeace

• Adventurer
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2019, 05:54:08 pm »
Can someone explain to me why question 6 of networks is A? That was like one of the first ones I crossed off.

I got B because i thought between P and Q there was only 2 connections. I’m so confuseddddd

soneo5two2

• Adventurer
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2019, 05:57:18 pm »
i don't do networks so can't say for that, but i'm pretty sure everything else is correct! nicee

Sadly not mine answers solely, these are what we worked out after the exam together. I believe I got 34/40 which is very disappointing for me. Anyone know if 45 SS is still possible after this?