Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:13:52 am

Author Topic: Help with subject selection  (Read 415 times)  Share 

Cate_m

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Help with subject selection
« on: August 08, 2020, 01:15:54 pm »
Hi everyone,
I'm in year 10 and we have to finalise our subjects for next year really soon. At the moment I'm thinking I might do English lit, methods, bio 3/4, spec, 20th century history (to follow into revolutions) and chemistry. I was hoping anyone had any advice and could tell if they think this will be manageable or if the workload will be too much.
Thanks, any help will be much appreciated  :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 01:17:38 pm by Cate_m »

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Re: Help with subject selection
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 06:32:11 pm »
I've done both methods and history (doing France/Russia this year).
Methods: Content heavy. Keep up to date, and make sure you understand not just how to go through steps, but why it works. I don't find it too hard content-load wise so long as you keep working at it and not getting behind.
History: Have to work hard in class and reasonably consistent work at home. This is a subject you DON'T want to get behind in! Take notes, try different ways, personally I use a nice neat table format in Google Docs and then for revision and whatever I've also tried a page on each section of the study design, with information for that (separate events from overall significance, too!) and then a miniature mind map to see where and how it fits in the big picture. So yeah, quite a lot of work to do, I would compare the workload to Methods as pretty similar. You race through topics, there isn't enough time. Still, if it makes sense to you, the motivations and how things fit together, it's good. Also helps you to analyse events and things which might even work with other humanities subjects (didn't do lit, so I dunno).
Although both these subjects are content heavy, I did them both this year, last year I was also doing Chemistry, which I dropped this year because I didn't understand it (partially my fault, partially the teacher didn't work for me). I found it fine.
Hope this rather incoherent ramble helps...
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.