Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:31:25 pm

Author Topic: Slow&Steady's Interim Aspirations  (Read 13470 times)

SlowandSteady

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +151
Re: Slow&Steady's Interim Aspirations
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2019, 10:01:58 pm »
+2
07/08, Day 20
(Writing this on my phone because the internet's out)
Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 10:15PM-6AM

30 minutes of piano practice - Half an hours practise before the lesson today.

Do some reading 8) - Managed to read 11 chapters.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – Check.

Revise content of classes - Going to complete tasks in the morning from now on.

Help out around the house more often – Took the dog for a walk as soon as I got home. Afterwards I did a load of dishes in time for my piano lesson.

I'm going to shift to completing work in the mornings only from now on. Now I don't have to feel bad for not doing stuff at night and approach tasks with a clear head and plenty of sleep :)
QCE Class of 2023 :D

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2019, 08:32:02 pm »
+4
08/08, Day 21
Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 10:05PM-5:50AM. Unfortunately not 8 hours, but I needed about ten minutes to wake up, anyway :P

30 minutes of piano practice - Didn't get around to it.

Do some reading 8) Onto the fourth book now, and they had a hard-copy at the local library :D Read 5 chapters tonight.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – As of right now, yes. When I make a milo right after this post, no.

Revise content of classes - I really did try to do my maths this morning, as it's due tomorrow, but I instead ended up laying in bed for an hour and a half finishing off my book. Going to bed super early so I'm ready at 5AM with no distractions excepting the screech of birds in the morning.

Help out around the house more often – Tossed a rubber footy with Ned until he was puffed. Put away previous dishes and did the next load.

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2019, 09:55:36 pm »
+2
09/08, Day 22
Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 8:50PM-4:50AM. Needed to wake up to finish my maths report.

30 minutes of piano practice - Practised some scales and that's all. Want to get to sleep around now, so it'll have to wait until morning.

Do some reading 8) Read about 4 chapters when I got home.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – Had a piece of cake from my brother's birthday.

Revise content of classes - Stayed after school for about 20 minutes to get my report done and hand it in before my maths teacher went home. It's funny how for a week I had no idea what to do for the report, but in those 20 minutes I knew exactly what I needed to write and finished what would take me an hour otherwise. Pressure works. Reading over my Spanish speech before bed because it's supposed to help with memory retention or something.

Help out around the house more often – Did the dishes. That's all.

Feeling pretty fantastic today after handing my work in.
Goals for tomorrow:
- Complete Science rationale
- Practise Spanish speech for 30mins
- Revise Geography notes and improve / add to flashcards
- Clean my room

That's all for now. :)

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2019, 10:07:30 pm »
+1
09/08, Day 22
Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 8:50PM-4:50AM. Needed to wake up to finish my maths report.
What's it like waking up that early? I don't think I'd ever have the ability to willingly wake up that early. Snoozing is just too tempting ;D

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2019, 07:34:05 am »
+3
What's it like waking up that early? I don't think I'd ever have the ability to willingly wake up that early. Snoozing is just too tempting ;D
Even though I get 8 hours either way when waking up that early, it still takes a splash of cold water and a shower to be able to function. It's nice and quiet, though. Early mornings I feel like the hours ahead are specifically designated to doing work, because there really isn't much else to do when nobody's awake.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2019, 08:05:56 am »
+2
It looks like you're tracking well :) nice work!

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2019, 10:58:47 pm »
+1
10/08, Day 23
First of all, what did I manage to do?
Goals for today:
- Complete Science rationale - Worked on it for a little bit but it's far from being done.
- Practise Spanish speech for 30mins - Did this with no problems. Slowly moving to remembering it without prompts, but not yet.
- Revise Geography notes and improve / add to flashcards - I have no reason for why I didn't do this, other than simply not feeling like it.
- Clean my room - Done. Straightened up my desk and did a vacuum.

Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 10:30PM-6:45AM.

30 minutes of piano practice - Yep. Found it funny that the chords I needed to practise fit in with the Wii Sports theme surprisingly well.

Do some reading 8) Read about 2 chapters, but really it's not enough.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – None today :)

Revise content of classes - Didn't do alot other than the stuff already mentioned.

Help out around the house more often – Exercised the dog.

I was pretty stuffed today and treated it as a break for the most part. I'll see what I can do tomorrow, because right now sleep is #1 on my to-do list for tonight.

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2019, 08:37:07 pm »
+2
11/08, Day 24

Get at least 8 hours of sleep - 11:15PM-9AM. As Bri mentioned, my problem is with the timing, not the duration. I'll be changing this one to getting to sleep before 9PM.

30 minutes of piano practice - Check.

Do some reading 8) spent about 40mins reading.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – Check

Revise content of classes - Went through mistakes of Geo practise exam. Changed from flashcards to a Word document with definitions. I'm going to read my Spanish speech out a couple times before bed.

Help out around the house more often – Exercised the dog, but when he came inside he was limping a bit on his right hind leg. I'll need to give him a bit of a rest until he gets better.

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2019, 09:00:34 pm »
+3
12/08, Day 25

Get to sleep before 9PM - Unfortunately I nodded off at around 9:30. Got up at around 6:30. I'll be putting my head to the pillow right after this post, so I'm in before the bell.

30 minutes of piano practice - Yep.

Do some reading 8) Darn, I didn't get any time to.

Defeat my seemingly insatiable lust for the sweets – Certainly.

Revise content of classes - Practicing my speech was pretty much all I could manage tonight. Going to hopefully finish my science rationale tomorrow morning.

Help out around the house more often – Nope (-_-).

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2019, 09:01:33 pm »
+2
How've you been going with this?
This week was just busy and I couldn't get around to updating this, let alone completing the goals I've set. Doing some recreational reading or practicing the piano really doesn't appeal to me when I have impending due dates and exams I need to study for. I need to learn to prioritise more, so I'll be picking this back up on Monday with daily to-do lists as opposed to a routine which can be rather restrictive in some cases.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 09:12:24 pm by SlowandSteady »

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2019, 09:46:08 pm »
+1
So I've switched from routines to to-do lists. Hopefully this'll allow me to prioritise more pressing tasks.
19/08
In order of importance,
  • Complete English Draft (If not, finish at least 2 body paragraphs + conclusion)
  • Edit Science Rationale
  • Complete Science Risk Assessment and Modifications
  • Work on Ecuador PowerPoint for Spanish
  • Do one load of dishes

If Time:
  • Practice Piano (20mins)
  • Take the Dog for a Walk OR Exercise him in the yard
I'll see how I go!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2019, 12:22:21 pm »
So I've switched from routines to to-do lists. Hopefully this'll allow me to prioritise more pressing tasks.
19/08
In order of importance,
  • Complete English Draft (If not, finish at least 2 body paragraphs + conclusion)
  • Edit Science Rationale
  • Complete Science Risk Assessment and Modifications
  • Work on Ecuador PowerPoint for Spanish
  • Do one load of dishes

If Time:
  • Practice Piano (20mins)
  • Take the Dog for a Walk OR Exercise him in the yard
I'll see how I go!

How do you find writing rationales? I'm pretty sure this year's graduating class used the introduction-style of writing reports instead so I'm curious about if you have any thoughts on that transition.

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2019, 08:43:31 pm »
How do you find writing rationales? I'm pretty sure this year's graduating class used the introduction-style of writing reports instead so I'm curious about if you have any thoughts on that transition.
I'd love to be able to comment, but I'm not apart of this year's graduating class 👶🏼, making it difficult to form an opinion. I haven't really noticed any change in structure when writing a report, but that's just my Year 8 ignorance :P One day, though, there will be a time when I can understand a word of what anyone says on this forum.

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2019, 09:33:44 pm »
+2
19/08
In order of importance,
Complete English Draft (If not, finish at least 2 body paragraphs + conclusion) :( Completed two body paragraphs only, but I'll try and do some in the morning.
Edit Science Rationale: Only need to chuck in a diagram and I'll be sweet.
Complete Science Risk Assessment and Modifications :( Completed the risk assessment, but haven't started the modifications as of yet.
Work on Ecuador PowerPoint for Spanish :( Nope, but I'll have plenty of time for that tomorrow during the lesson.
Do one load of dishes: My brother did them instead :P.

Didn't manage to practice piano or exercise the dog. I'll update with my next list tomorrow morning because I'm falling asleep.

Edit: setting realistic goals for the amount of time left in my night rn.
Today:
Finish body paragraph & conclusion for English

This is probably all I manage for tonight, but it'll take a lot of pressure off ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 07:47:48 pm by SlowandSteady »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2019, 08:31:56 am »
+2
I'd love to be able to comment, but I'm not apart of this year's graduating class 👶🏼, making it difficult to form an opinion. I haven't really noticed any change in structure when writing a report, but that's just my Year 8 ignorance :P One day, though, there will be a time when I can understand a word of what anyone says on this forum.

Ahh I wasn't sure if you might've been taught the old way last year but it's good to know that they've kept it consistent for you. 

By the time you get to QCE I'm sure you'll be super prepared!