Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:21:51 am

Poll

Would it be a realistic goal to get 45+ with this average?

Yes
No
Depends

Author Topic: Average for practice exams  (Read 1953 times)  Share 

bluebird

• Forum Regular
  • (she/her)
  • Respect: +43
Average for practice exams
« on: October 22, 2021, 05:25:56 pm »
Hi guys
Currently I'm getting approximately 105/120 on VCAA biology exams in exam conditions. Would it be a realistic goal to get 45+ with this average and how is everyone else averaging on practice exams? Should I continue to do practice exams despite the exam being next Friday?
Thanks
Any help is appreciated
Good luck to everyone!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 05:43:47 pm by bluebird »
VCE 2021: Biology | HHD [50]
VCE 2022: Methods | Chemistry | Literature | English Language

Owlbird83

• BLAA 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +785
Re: Average for practice exams
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 08:40:31 pm »
+3
Hi bluebird!
According to this website https://twmpublications.com/statistics based on past grade distributions, your exam score would get you around 43 or 44, (this is just an estimate though because it can differ from year to year).

Personally, I kept doing practice exams up until a few days before the exam, but I've also heard others have stopped around a week early. It probably depends how you you are feeling, doing lighter study leading up to the exam might be enough if you are feeling confident and maybe give you time off so you can go into your exam refreshed. But doing one more exam could help keep you in the mindset too. Might depend on whether you have any recent VCAA exams left too. Maybe going over past mistakes you've made on your past practice exams could be more useful if you are feeling like you are prepared and won't find any benefit from cramming in extra practice exams just for the numbers.
I hope some of this is helpful, good luck for Friday! ;D
2018: Biology
2019: Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods, English, Japanese
2020: Bachelor of Psychology (Monash)

bluebird

• Forum Regular
  • (she/her)
  • Respect: +43
Re: Average for practice exams
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 10:41:26 pm »
+1
Thank you so much Owlbird83 this has really helped so much! Definitely going to try and improve as much as I can without burning out of course :)
VCE 2021: Biology | HHD [50]
VCE 2022: Methods | Chemistry | Literature | English Language