Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:41:19 pm

Author Topic: Offers  (Read 1658 times)  Share 

angrybiscuit

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +204
Offers
« on: January 11, 2021, 06:16:51 pm »
Is there a time limit to when we have to accept an offer this Thursday? For reference, I won't be home that day until late. Do I have to make sure I accept it ASAP?
somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
carl sagan

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Offers
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 11:29:17 pm »
+4
If it’s the same as it was 6 years ago, it’ll give you about a week or so to accept. Typically I would recommend attending to it earlier rather than later as this will allow you to tackle any issues you have with acceptance/ enrolment, but there shouldn’t be any issue if say, you tackled it a day or two after you receive your offer.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

alexandra.vo

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 11:43:00 pm »
Hey, I'm in a little problem I want to study biomedical science at Monash but I'm missing the methods prerequisite so I'm in the process of completing like a summer school program which finishes next week. Spoke to someone at Monash and they said I could possibly get an offer for biomedical science in round 2 as I will have of finished the maths program. What should I do if I get an offer for a bachelor of science in round 1?   

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 11:52:04 pm »
+4
Hey, I'm in a little problem I want to study biomedical science at Monash but I'm missing the methods prerequisite so I'm in the process of completing like a summer school program which finishes next week. Spoke to someone at Monash and they said I could possibly get an offer for biomedical science in round 2 as I will have of finished the maths program. What should I do if I get an offer for a bachelor of science in round 1?   
The general consensus is to always accept your round 1 offer since you are never 100% certain to obtain a second-round offer (since it is usually dependent on other people rejecting round 1 offer). In a course like biomed it is highly likely there will be 2nd round offers but it is safer to take your round 1 offer and wait to see if you get something offered to you in round 2.

Once you get your round 2 offer you can then withdraw from your round 1 offer.