Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 01:44:47 pm

Author Topic: [HSC] Announcing Exam Revision Mini Series!  (Read 12118 times)  Share 

Daniyahasan

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +20
Re: [HSC] Announcing Exam Revision Mini Series!
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2017, 11:33:46 pm »
Towards the end of the week, we are aiming - We are doing our best to have time for it :)
OMG that's great! looking forward to it!!
ATAR Goal 90

Thebarman

• Trendsetter
  • Gone fishing
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 09:56:33 am »
I'm really enjoying these videos, but Vimeo keeps crashing for me and not letting me watch the videos every so often. It's been happening for the last few weeks. Would you be able to upload the videos onto the notes page?
“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!”
2017 HSC: Advance English, Mathematics, SORII, Biology, Business Studies, Modern History.
Atar: 92.05

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 10:31:59 am »
I'm really enjoying these videos, but Vimeo keeps crashing for me and not letting me watch the videos every so often. It's been happening for the last few weeks. Would you be able to upload the videos onto the notes page?
Uploading it to the notes section will be pretty hard, since the notes section only allows uploads of less than 2MB, and the videos are anywhere between 20 to 200 MB each. Maybe someone can investigate why the crashing happens for you though

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 10:34:35 am »

So glad you are enjoying them!

Yeah so unfortunately the Notes section has file size limits - Basically, if we put a few dozen 200MB video files onto our servers we would grind to a halt! We just aren't quite equipped to handle that sort of bandwidth (my understanding at least)- Have you tried watching the videos in another browser by chance? :)

Thebarman

• Trendsetter
  • Gone fishing
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 11:59:00 am »
So glad you are enjoying them!

Yeah so unfortunately the Notes section has file size limits - Basically, if we put a few dozen 200MB video files onto our servers we would grind to a halt! We just aren't quite equipped to handle that sort of bandwidth (my understanding at least)- Have you tried watching the videos in another browser by chance? :)

Ah, that's understandable. I tried another browser on the same computer, and it was still the same problem. I've successfully brought it up on my phone though, weirdly enough.
“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!”
2017 HSC: Advance English, Mathematics, SORII, Biology, Business Studies, Modern History.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 12:00:49 pm »
Ah, that's understandable. I tried another browser on the same computer, and it was still the same problem. I've successfully brought it up on my phone though, weirdly enough.

Super weird. What happens? Does it just refuse to play?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Thebarman

• Trendsetter
  • Gone fishing
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2017, 12:41:29 pm »
Super weird. What happens? Does it just refuse to play?

I'll be in the middle of a video when it will suddenly pause, try to load, and then come up with a blank screen saying "player.vimeo.com took too long to respond". If I refresh, then the same message will appear on any video from their website. Apart from that, I won't have any other internet problems at the same time. This usually continues for a couple of hours until it suddenly doesn't. It's taken a whole week to get through a single video because of this.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2017, 02:23:13 pm »
I'll be in the middle of a video when it will suddenly pause, try to load, and then come up with a blank screen saying "player.vimeo.com took too long to respond". If I refresh, then the same message will appear on any video from their website. Apart from that, I won't have any other internet problems at the same time. This usually continues for a couple of hours until it suddenly doesn't. It's taken a whole week to get through a single video because of this.

Very strange - I did have issues embedding some of the videos in isolated instances but it was never a persistent thing. I'm not sure if it is something we can fix on our end - Has anyone else lurking out there had this issue? :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2017, 02:55:02 pm »
+4
Business Studies is now live!!

LegalEagle24/7

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2017, 06:24:46 pm »
ATAR Notes have run three free lecture series at UTS for the HSC Class of 2017: HSC Head Start Lectures in October 2016; Half-Yearly Head Start Lectures in January, and, of course, our Trial Revision Lectures in July. All of these lectures have been incredibly succesful - We've loved meeting people from the forums and giving you guys that extra helping hand right before the major exam blocks.

This September, we're keen to help you out again. However, it's a bit trickier - With exams so close, we know you guys will be hard at work smashing out past papers, cramming in as much revision as you can. The lectures need to work around that hectic schedule, and everyone's is different!

So, instead of hosting HSC lectures at UTS, we will be delivering an online Exam Revision Mini-Series for each and every subject we offer!

Each Mini-Series will be jam-packed with tips, tricks, and more to help you smash your HSC. You'll be able to watch them anytime, anywhere, with the power to pause, play, or rewind to the things that you need most. This also helps us reach the huge amount of students from other parts of NSW that are just too far away from Sydney to attend the normal lectures. These videos will be something every single one of the 77,000 students sitting the HSC can access and benefit from, without paying a cent. And we think that is pretty damn cool ;)

Each Mini-Series is being worked on right now - we're aiming for release in the next two to three weeks!! What we want from you guys is to tell us what you need the most help with. Post your suggestions below - Do you need help with a specific topic? A specific skill? Exam technique and stress? Tell us here so we can create the best possible research for you.

These online videos will be offered for:

- Ancient History
- Biology
- Business Studies
- Chemistry
- English
- General Maths
- Legal Studies
- Mathematics
- Maths Extension 1
- Maths Extension 2
- Modern History
- PDHPE
- Physics
- Studies of Religion

Hi Jamon, are there going to be videos for legal and sor anytime soon? Thanks.  :)

Daniyahasan

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2017, 08:07:09 pm »
Hi Jamon, are there going to be videos for legal and sor anytime soon? Thanks.  :)

yep they are gonna post them soon idk when but dw they got you :)
ATAR Goal 90

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2017, 11:46:13 pm »
+8
Legal Studies videos are live!

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2017, 10:24:13 pm »
Business Studies is now live!!

Hey, I just finished watching the HR video- loved it, he was so enthusiastic and gave lots of pertinent case studies which is something I was lacking. However, at the end, he said he had made a video on strategies and techniques which I can't seem to find.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2017, 11:09:18 pm »
+1
Hey, I just finished watching the HR video- loved it, he was so enthusiastic and gave lots of pertinent case studies which is something I was lacking. However, at the end, he said he had made a video on strategies and techniques which I can't seem to find.

So glad you enjoyed! I'll look into it but I think that video may have been edited into the others maybe? :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2017, 07:44:27 pm »
+5
Long overdue, but SOR is live!