Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 11:25:40 pm

Author Topic: Chances of getting into the university of Adelaide for medicine?  (Read 2864 times)  Share 

ashaaaa00

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Hi everyone,
Just wondering what my chances of getting into the university of adelaide for medicine this year are? I have an atar of 96.30 and a umat of 96% (190 raw). I think my interview went well but I'm not 100% sure.

cookiedream

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +410
Re: Chances of getting into the university of Adelaide for medicine?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 11:30:20 pm »
+2
Hi everyone,
Just wondering what my chances of getting into the university of adelaide for medicine this year are? I have an atar of 96.30 and a umat of 96% (190 raw). I think my interview went well but I'm not 100% sure.

Hello!

As you might already know, UAdel looks at ATAR, UMAT and interview in the ratio of 2:1:2, meaning that a decent interview will make quite the difference. While your ATAR may be on the low side (especially if you're non-rural), your UMAT may bump you up and a good interview may land you with an offer ;D If you have other special considerations (e.g. rural, EAS), that further increases your admission chances.

No one can really predict what will happen. Beside, you have almost a week until SATAC main round offers come out anyway.

Best of luck!!
VCE: (click the links below to view my guides)
2016: Methods [44], Psych [48]
2017: Bio [50], Eng Lang, Chem, Spec
ATAR: 99.75 | UMAT: 88th
2018-2022: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @ Monash University

! No longer offering tutoring !

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
Re: Chances of getting into the university of Adelaide for medicine?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 08:31:47 am »
+1
As cookiedream said, the interview is 40% of your overall offer so it’s really hard to say whether you will get in, given the semi-structured interview can be subjective and unpredictable, and UAdel interview way more people than places (700 people for 120 spots approximately). That being said, it’s more difficult for a good UMAT to make up for an ATAR on the lower side (compared to other universities) as the academic result is worth 40% and the UMAT result is only worth 20%.
UAdel MBBS