Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:54:33 am

Author Topic: Counting to 20 and other unlikely adventures  (Read 12896 times)

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
Re: Counting to 20 and other unlikely adventures
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2019, 09:15:49 pm »
+1
I have had the sudden inclination to ask you what your favorite ice cream flavour is.

:P

Probably something nutty - honey macadamia is nice
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 09:18:40 pm by Erutepa »
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2019, 09:39:31 pm »
+2
Honey Macadamia is so quaint I love it.

And your favourite type of milk? Unlike the ice cream question there is 100% a correct answer here.
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2019, 10:06:57 pm »
+5

And your favourite type of milk? Unlike the ice cream question there is 100% a correct answer here.
CHOCCY MILK

(that's his favourite)
(hi I'm not Erutepa but this was brought to you by Erutepa)

Your face is quaint
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 10:13:54 pm by Poet »
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2019, 12:33:44 pm »
+8
Dear Dearest users whom are dearly dear to me,

I am writing to inform you as to my current state as of half-way (or thereabouts) through the holidays. Currently I am predominantly a mix of solid and liquids and while I do have gasses in me lungs and blood n stuff, I'm still conflicted as to whether to call them myself. If you have any thoughts on this, please promptly write back - however I will only accept responses written in comic sans.

Regaurds,
Me

Haha. Totally got you! Betcha thought that (above) was the whole journey entry when you saw me signing off, but little did you know... I was simply tricking you. What... a... prankster... I... Am...

Sooooooooo
This week has been fairly busy (but a good busy) and has given me a bit of a break from school which I have appreciated. I have still done a bit of homework here and there, but mainly have been occupying myself with other thangs - but you will hear more about this throughout this epic tale unfolding henceforth.
Last Saturday I was at the ATAR Notes lectures and they were pretty RAD (radical, not irradiated if you were wondering). I went to the chem one with in the morning and the physics one in the afternoon. I enjoyed both and got plenty of delicious information's and yummy learning experiences from them, but Jack's chem lecture took the cake (and I haven't been able to find it since).
On the Sunday after that I did work and some other things which I don't remember but probably were really cool and important and awesome so just imagine them for me based on my vivid description.
On moonday most of my day was spent at the meetup that you have probably heard about. It was lots of fun and I had fun cause it was fun. Haha fun, yes. Good times. Yeah.
Tuesday I was a little sick (not saying much - I'm always FULLY SICC BRUH) so I just kinda hung around home and read a little, slept a little and posted garbage on AN. I also managed to get out of the house to do my hazard perception test (I passed - hooray).
Wednesday I spent the day doing lots of walking, taking photos, spinning around on a plaground spinny thing, did some more walking, ate some honey chicken, more walking, drank some bad drink that was bad and then watched a movie.
Thursday and Friday I just kinda relaxed around the house - did some talking to the online peoples and did some maths homework.

Overall, as I previously said, A pretty relaxed week- at least in terms of homework. My overarching scheme for the coming week is to really wrestle down with the homework doing because I have a fair bit to get done.
Right now I currently I am sitting on a weird green couch thingo at the entrance of the ATAR notes lectures. The couch is a bit dirty and the table is fixed very close to the cough such that it makes the sitting down experience quite uncomfortable. I would rate 4/10.

Goodnight.
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2019, 03:20:25 pm »
Highlight from the meet-up?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2019, 04:17:49 pm »
+7
Highlight from the meet-up?
I would say that the he sun was a fairly high light.

But honestly, my favourite part was probably just sitting around and chatting with the awesome people of AN  ;). Not to discount the hilarious fun I had hitting the ball well over your head and watching you run for it. Hehe
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2019, 09:38:53 pm »
+11
I've got the sicc wraps and I've got the wicked rimes,
But more importantly a journal entry - about thyme!

I've been a bit slack and haven't updated my journal for a while. My excuse can be any of the following options (you chose)
 - I've been busy trudging through mountains of fan mail
 - I got stuck in highly-viscous honey after disappointing a large bee
 - I was captured by foreign spies and had to escape using only a crumpled flower
 - I briefly metamorphosed into a pigeon and could not operate a keyboard
 - I was sublimated by a ticked-off wizard and only recently re-assumed a solid form.
- I was lazy

So as you can see, I have had good reason to take a break from this here journal…
But the holiday's over and your sufferance can now recommence!

Whats been up?
Not much exciting 2 bee honest. I've been consistently keeping up my running training and my work (for da monies) amidst the demands of schooling. I'm quite happy I've been able to balance everything generally quite well and have not had to cut back on anything. My stress levels have been pretty low recently too = good.
Excitingly, I have well surpassed the hour requirements on my learners and have passed the hazard perception test, so all I have left is the driving test which is booked for next-next Friday. Hopefully, I pass it and earn the privilege of a red letter P.
I still haven't been doing as much reading would like too. I've got a fair line up of some pretty interesting reads and would like to get through them. Poet, you need to hold me accountable.

[at this point of writing I did get up and retrieve a cool beverage and thought that I would give a special prize to the lucky fan who can guess the flavour of my beverage]

I shall now give a summary of what's been going on in each subject

Maths
I whizzed through calculus and am just going through plenty of exam-style questions for everything in unit 3. I really enjoy calculus - I think It may be my favourite part of methods. I'm not sure why. Maybe its cause it has some pretty cool applications or maybe its simply because I seem to grasp it pretty well.
So this week I'm just gonna continue with my revision since next week we enter the big boi SAC that is all of unit 3. Its CAS enabled, so I need to pick up the calculator and learn some skillZ. I seem to be pretty proficient when it comes to CAS free maths, but my inability to perform calculations on the CAS without errors beating me into sadness, makes the CAS enabled questions a bit less manageable. So I would say my main area in need of improvement is this proficiency with the CAS.

Chemistry
We've finished Unit 3 content and have since moved into some organic chemistry basics. Our chem teacher moves fairly quickly, which is good since I seem to be keeping up fine, but it does seem that some kids are being left behind. While we're going this organic chemistry, we are also planning and performing our experimental design poster SACs. I Like to think that I'm fairly good at writing reports and discussing experiments, so I'm feeling pretty comfortable with it. The only worry is the annoying 1000 word limit, where my planned introduction currently sits at about 500 words. I'm going to have to fix that, unfortunately, but I'm sure it'll all work out fine and dandy in the end.

Sorry to interrupt your reading - we will return to it shortly after this commercial break.

I apologise for the add - I've gotta pay the bills somehow. But anyways…

Physics
I'm just nearing the end of unit 3 physics and am focused on revising and consolidating all that knowledges. This mainly means going through exam-style questions and making sure there are no holes in my understandings. We had a Test the other day on fields + motors, and apart from a few small and silly mistakes, I went pretty well. I'm not too worried about physics at the moment - everything has been pretty relaxed. I am interested in moving into waves and stuff in the next unit though - I think that stuff is pretty interesting.

Psychology
Psych has been going really well for me recently. Much like bio, I just seem to have a good affinity for the content and find myself remembering stuff with fair ease. We got back our last SAC results for the memory and learning SAC we did the other day and I got the top mark (around 97%) which now pushes me into rank 1 for the cohort.
Apart from being moderately successful content-wise, I'm also really enjoying psych classes because the teacher is really engaging. Amidst all the content, she manages to fit fun little pracs in all the time. Since the last journal update, we operatively conditioned her dog to do some tricks for a couple of lessons and spent another lesson doing origami.
Today though, we moved onto unit 4 and started talking about consciousness and I am most certainly intrigued.

English
The Frankenstein SAC has come and gone since the last entry and I think I went pretty good in it. Based on the marks I got from my practice essays, I will probably be expecting around 85%. English is probably my weakest subject, but I still manage pretty well in it thankfully. We've since moved onto language analysis and stuff, so I've been pumping out a decent few practice analysis essays and been researching an issue for my oral presentation. My language analysis seems to be going pretty good, and I'm feeling pretty comfortable with it. For my oral persuasive thingo, I've tried to choose an issue that is partially grounded in biology, so I've picked the banning/stricter regulation of glyphosate insecticides (i.e round up). There's a fair argument you can make on either side, but I am fairly certain that I'll be opposing any immediate bans on these insecticides.
If anyone is well acquainted with this issue, I would love to hear your opinions on it.

Well… That’s all for today folks. As always, remember to like, comment, and subscribe! Make sure to click on that bell icon to turn on notifications too!
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2019, 09:49:13 pm »
+3
[at this point of writing I did get up and retrieve a cool beverage and thought that I would give a special prize to the lucky fan who can guess the flavour of my beverage]
Was iiiiiit green sodastream creaming soda? That stuff is weird hehe

But overall, I'm glad things have been going well for you. Keep it up! 💙
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2019, 09:53:10 pm »
+3
I enjoy everything about your journal.

P.S. My guess is Pocari Sweat.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2019, 10:02:19 pm »
+4
Was iiiiiit green sodastream creaming soda? That stuff is weird hehe

But overall, I'm glad things have been going well for you. Keep it up! 💙
WINNER!!!!!
Its almost as if you were watching me ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
PM'd you your prize. don't tell anyone what it was though

I enjoy everything about your journal.
even the unbolded subheadings?
P.S. My guess is Pocari Sweat.
I have had Pocari Sweat, but just not in that period of thyme, unfortunately. Thus, you lose the challenge. better luck next time, champ
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2019, 07:25:39 pm »
+8
You whippersnappers better get off my lawn.

Hello good people of the Atar Noting.
I am back with another piece of fine literature
Here it is:

These last two weeks since my last post have been pretty relaxed. Last week we were just finishing off the last few SACs for unit 3 (if I remember correctly) and were searching for the holy grail (if I remember incorrectly). I think i went pretty well in those last few SACs, but will have to await results. Other than that, most of my classes  consisted of a bit of revision for the exams that we just had throughout this week just gone.
Talking about exams, I will now elaborate on these exam by talking about these exams using my digital talking process aka typing.

My exam schedule was quite cosy. We obviously had the Monday of this week off since the queen had a birthday (good old kwenie), but then Tuesday was strait into business. We had a 3 hour English exam up first but only had do to 2 essays (werid huh?), so I had plenty of thyme to relax and actually read over my essays (wild dude). After the English I then got to go home and relax a bit. On Wednesday I had the lovely GAT followed by my mathematics exam 2 (with the calculators). My math teacher were quite open about the fact that they couldn't really be bothered organising a unit 3 practice exam so they just gave us a unit 3/4 exam and said to try our best on the content we hadn't even remotely covered (oh well hehe). Thursday morning I had off, so I hanged out with Poet before heading into a physics exam on Thursday evening. On Friday I had a whopper of a day with 3 exams, starting at 8.30 and finishing at 5. These were chemistry, more maths, then psychology.  This made erutepa very tired and he went home and sleeeeepeded after eating tooo much pasta.

All throughout this exam period I was pretty happy with my ability to keep my stress levels down. Most of this meant trying to relax and recover myself between exams, so playing a little bit of videogames, hanging out with freinds and doind som reading!!! Actually reading!!!! Wow (thanks poet for the book recommendation)

Also, a funny thing happened on Friday too and here it is:
During a far too short break between exams, I went into the science office to ask a teacher a question and about 4 sceicen teachers all turned around and simultneously asked "are you here for me". We all had a little chuckle and then I said no and then went to a differenent teacher all together - PRankEd.
The funny thing has now bean explained. Hope you found it the funniest thing ever. If you do not like the quality of this funny thing, please contact my customer service department and we will prompty refund you.

Outside of school, Life has also been pretty relaxed. I've been training steadily and work has been creeping along. Infact, today I was off at a athletics comp called all schools which is a comp where school students  can compete to be selected for a state cross country team. I ran pretty well and was told that I looked increasingly fresher as the race progressed, funnily enough. My result placed me a few spots out of the automatic qualifying place for the state team, but I may just get in if some people opt out (either way I am pretty happy). But then as I finished my race a wild Poet appeared  and suprised me cause she just apeared... pop. Turnd out she was testing out her new red P's - so congradulations. Talking about red P's, I also got  mine the other day so to all those already on the roads - watch out, imma coming for you.

I wrote this all pretty quickly and instead of proof reading for all my spelling mistakes, I thought I could decorate my laziness as a little game called "count the spelling mistakes". The lucky fan who can count it correctly will win a prize - the only complication is that i do not know the correct number of spelling mistakes, so along with your submitted answer, I will be requiring you to state for yourself whether or not you are correct.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 12:13:43 pm by Erutepa »
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2019, 07:58:44 pm »
+5
You made 56.2 spelling mistakes. I am correct. That is all.

Very tempted to downvote for that white text [insert angry face that I can't do without giving away this text]
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2019, 08:12:15 pm »
+2
You made 56.2 spelling mistakes. I am correct. That is all.

Very tempted to downvote for that white text [insert angry face that I can't do without giving away this text]
Congratulations on winning!
What white text though?
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2019, 08:30:24 pm »
+3
Oh my goodness, just read this entire thread and honestly, what a journey! Love the authenticity and look forward to reading more! ;D

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2019, 07:12:23 pm »
+10
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Oh hi there - didn’t see you come in. you caught me right in the middle of my singing practice, but I’ll put that on hold and talk to you all about the things that you came here to hear, dear.
Since the conclusion of my exams (where we left of last time), classes had gone along quickly as we smashed some unit 4 content (then glued it back together) before the end of the term. The end of the term came along pretty suddenly, at least in hindsight, with only one SAC. This SAC was the English oral presentation and I’d say that I went pretty swell in it. I believe my content was grandastical, but I think I lacked a bit in the gestures and being all confident sounding part. I wasn’t as stutter e as I thought though. Other than that, the last couple weeks of school are fairly vague in my mind.
Moving into the school holidays, I started them off excitedly with the AN lecture series. In total I went to 4 lectures and a panel event. Kicking them off was chemistry on Monday sidekicked by the prolific chemistry genius, Poet. Chemistry was great, in fact it was favourite lecture cause…. Jack. I also managed to get Jacks signature in my chem summary notes, so now the resale value has gone up approximately 12021%. On Tuesday I came in for a methods lecture which was very face-paced and melted my brains, then had English and psychology on Wednesday. English was a bit slower (which was a nice break) before Tim bombarded us with a fair heap of content in psych (although it was manageable).  On Thursday morning I came in for the science at uni panel event which I found quite useful. I got a few of my questions asked but also learned quite a lot from other’s questions.
For the rest of Thursday, I contemplated doing homework, but just ended up deciding to learn python (the coding language). I’ve been meaning to get into a bit of coding for a while (since computer science and stuff is cool and what not) so actually getting around to it is satisfying. I haven’t delved deep into it yet and I’ve only really learned the real basics, but it has hooked my interest and I think I’ll be continuing it.
Today I let myself sleep in a bit (hehe) and played some video games for once in a while, got a haircut which I am unsure about, did some homework, did some digital cleaning, did some analogue cleaning. In addition to this I consumed a disclosed number of calories and also sat down on approximately 3 different chairs (or chair like objects).
I hope this update has satisfied you, I will get back to my singing now. You can let yourself out.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh my goodness, just read this entire thread and honestly, what a journey! Love the authenticity and look forward to reading more! ;D
I'm glad you enjoy the journal, however, pro tip: you should not be looking forward to read more, you should look up.  8)
(Yes I will accept the award for the best joke ever - sorry I had to out do you J41)
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point