Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 04:07:45 am

Author Topic: 『Math Methods Exams 2021 Discussion』  (Read 1522 times)

Deku

• Adventurer
『Math Methods Exams 2021 Discussion』
« on: September 15, 2021, 06:10:18 pm »
Hello fellow method peers,
I’m currently doing 3/4 methods and I’m aiming for a study score of 40 scaled. My coursework average sits at around 66% currently (yeah I know it’s not the best). I attend a slightly above average cohort, and was wondering what exam scores I need to achieve to get that sweet 40 ss. According to Deakin study score calculator, I must achieve a 75% on exam 1 and 70% on exam 2 to get 40. Is this really accurate?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 07:27:40 pm by Deku »

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
Re: 『Math Methods Exams 2021 Discussion』
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 12:11:08 am »
Don't use the deakin it is kinda*hitty lol. Honestly try not to stress bout this stuff cause it can be wildly inaccurate, it also depends on what rank you are at your school, how your cohort goes on the exam etc which may end up scaling ur SAC marks up, making that exam% wrong, so it isn't really accurate. There r ways to get more accurate estimates but I feel like the effort isn't worth it. Anyway in order to encourage you to do your best, aim for 85%! Prob more than u need lol I ain't an expert but u seem to need a bench mark in order to judge ur progress on practice exams (I assume), so just do ur best and don't burn out!
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

VCEStudent2034

• Trendsetter
  • ‘Believe you can and you’re halfway there.’ - T.R.
Re: 『Math Methods Exams 2021 Discussion』
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 08:29:45 pm »
Don't use the deakin it is kinda*hitty lol. Honestly try not to stress bout this stuff cause it can be wildly inaccurate, it also depends on what rank you are at your school, how your cohort goes on the exam etc which may end up scaling ur SAC marks up, making that exam% wrong, so it isn't really accurate. There r ways to get more accurate estimates but I feel like the effort isn't worth it. Anyway in order to encourage you to do your best, aim for 85%! Prob more than u need lol I ain't an expert but u seem to need a bench mark in order to judge ur progress on practice exams (I assume), so just do ur best and don't burn out!

I agree. Just try your best and let the exam lift you up!