Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:44:38 pm

Author Topic: HELP ASAP PLEASEE !!!  (Read 5031 times)  Share 

twinklehello

• Forum Regular
  • hi....bye.
  • Respect: +5
HELP ASAP PLEASEE !!!
« on: July 22, 2021, 11:19:29 pm »
HI guys!!!!
Tomorrow at 5pm I have to have my subjects for vce chosen and I don’t know if I should do 3/4 geo or 3/4 history
These are my already chosen subjects:
English (standard)
English lit
Math Mathods
Chem
Psych 1/2
I’ve heard history is pretty hard but idk
For reference i score like okay in history like B+ Or an A and in Geo it’s mostly an A. Idk which one to choose and I’m like freaking out a lot. Anyone with any idea, if you have done 3/4 as a year 11 or even 12 ANY INPUT IS WELCOMED!!! I really need some advice 😰😰😰
bye

ConFinCMC

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +22
Re: HELP ASAP PLEASEE !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 11:25:22 pm »
+1
If I were you, I'd probably ask current students at your school doing these subjects what they think. If you can't find anyone, maybe ask your teachers for this subject on what they recommend.
Assuming you're talking about History: Revolutions, I'd only recommend it if you are willing to learn and write a lot. The exam felt like a phone book, and some of the SACs require a lot of cramming and research.
I'm not sure about geography, but I've heard that it's not too bad in Unit 3/4.

Once again, don't take my word for it. I'd start asking around tomorrow morning for advice from people who've done both.
2020- 53.35

English Lang. <20
History: Revolutions. <20
French: 27
Biology: 28
Drama: 24

"Well, it doesn't define who I am, but it does a bloody good job at crushing my spirit and self-esteem"

2021- Gap Year, working in Bright at the snowfields (guys, this is so much fun)

2022- Fed University, Fast Access Program Diploma

If anyone wants advice on what NOT to do, feel free to send me a message.

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 08:25:03 am »
HI guys!!!!
Tomorrow at 5pm I have to have my subjects for vce chosen and I don’t know if I should do 3/4 geo or 3/4 history
English (standard)
English lit
Math Mathods
Chem
Psych 1/2
For reference i score like okay in history like B+ Or an A and in Geo it’s mostly an A. Idk which one to choose and I’m like freaking out a lot. Anyone with any idea, if you have done 3/4 as a year 11 or even 12 ANY INPUT IS WELCOMED!!! I really need some advice 😰😰😰
I did History. If you're good at writing and connecting ideas and enjoy learning insane amounts of content, go for it! It's really interesting... just an awful lot to learn.
I don't know anything about geography.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

heather727

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 11:36:45 am »
+1
HI guys!!!!
English (standard)
English lit
Math Mathods
Chem
Psych 1/2
Hi twinklehello!
Sounds like you’re in a bit of a pickle there, but I hope I can help you out. I did History Revolutions early in year 11, and I’m doing Geography as one of my subjects now in year 12. I love both, I think they’re very interesting subjects.
Overall, I would recommend doing history early. I found it to have much more content than geo right now, and there’s a bit more skill involved (e.g. you have to write an essay, whilst in geo you don’t have to do that). You also have to memorise quotes and statistics in addition to content, and whilst you do need statistics in geography as well, I found that you need more in history to make sure you can cover a range of topics. However, since you're doing history in year 11, you may be able to allocate more time to it, and thus, memorising all the content and evidence may be easier.
On the other hand, I think doing geography early may be a nice start into what a unit 3/4 is like. I find it to be not as content-heavy or strenuous as other subjects, and I’m doing pretty well in it (though this may just be my experience).
Also consider that unless you have another 3/4 subject you’ve already decided on, you can do two 3/4s in year 11 at most schools (so you can do both history and geography next year).
Hope this helped and good luck with your subject selection!

redPYRAmid

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 12:17:03 pm »
I'm choosing in 2 weeks...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 12:41:02 pm by redPYRAmid »