Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:27:55 am

Author Topic: blueycan’s journey through VCE ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ  (Read 32217 times)

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
Re: jeyda's journey through VCE ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2020, 05:48:08 pm »
Hi Jeyda!

Congratulations on your English results! I'm literally so happy for you! But if you do ever need help with General Maths, Biology or English, I'll definitely be more than happy to help :)

Have a great week and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.

Thanks Darcy!! I really appreciate it (:

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2020, 06:22:58 pm »
+3
Hey hey Jeyda!
I've been watching over this journal for a while now and can I just say I absolutely love it

Congrats for the amazing scores in your subjects! Keep up the great work and enthusiastic effort😊. I also agree that studying in the comfort of your own room is amazing and sleeping in has been something I've taken for granted at this point. Let's keep that motivation going and I'm absolutely positive you will do amazing.

I started watching Haikyuu in April, which I've finished and I'm obsessed with (can't wait for July) and I'm currently in the middle of watching Yuri on Ice, which is so fun!!!
I've also picked up a couple more iso skills- Solitaire and Minesweeper courtesy of procrastinating on the google doodle pages. If you were anything like me, I used to click around and wait for something to happen lol. But I've finally learnt!!
As I am typing this right now I'm actually listening to "History Maker" YOI OP 1🤣. Also, YES to Haikyuu!! I absolutely love Haikyuu to bits and it's a good bandwagon to get into. (It's very tempting to adopt all the Haikyuu boys. Who is your fav?). 100% guaranteed to change the way you see volleyball forever.

Thanks for updating your journal and I'm looking forward to another entry soon! ;D

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2020, 07:03:02 pm »
+5
Hey hey Jeyda!
I've been watching over this journal for a while now and can I just say I absolutely love it

Congrats for the amazing scores in your subjects! Keep up the great work and enthusiastic effort😊. I also agree that studying in the comfort of your own room is amazing and sleeping in has been something I've taken for granted at this point. Let's keep that motivation going and I'm absolutely positive you will do amazing.

Oh my GOD ashmi I really enjoy reading your journal, especially everything about PDT! Thank you for taking the time to read mine, and thanks for your kind words. I'm so glad someone is enjoying my babbling  :P  and I just followed you on Instagram lol

As I am typing this right now I'm actually listening to "History Maker" YOI OP 1🤣. Also, YES to Haikyuu!! I absolutely love Haikyuu to bits and it's a good bandwagon to get into. (It's very tempting to adopt all the Haikyuu boys. Who is your fav?). 100% guaranteed to change the way you see volleyball forever.
Don't even get me started on Haikyuu, man. I'm set on joining some sort of volleyball club in uni lmao. I think my favourites are Asahi, Daichi, Kuroo and Tsukishima (tsukkii that block scene, best scene of the series I got serious chills and cried again)

Again thank you so much for reading, this made me so happy! I hope you stick around for more !

edit: omg also I forgot to mention I've already bookmarked your further guide, you're an absolute legend
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 08:59:43 pm by jeydanaazli »

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2020, 08:12:15 pm »
+11
log seven / 12-06-20

I've had a long couple of weeks and I have another long two weeks ahead of me so I wanted to update you guys before I forget everything  :P This is a long update so put your seatbelts on.
These past weeks have consisted of a lot of assessments, properly catching up with friends and with real life school, and some other stuff. I've put all the updates spoilers to save some space lmao.

SCHOOL

Spoiler
English
We've just finished our argument analysis unit, which was probably my favourite unit other than creative. I find that AA is the easiest concept for me to grasp, as analysing articles seems more concrete over analysing abstract concepts in novels/plays. We learnt this unit over online schooling and I honestly thought that it'd would be harder to do well in as we couldn't get instant feedback like you do with classroom interactions. English is one of my favourite subjects (dare I say my favourite lol) and it really isn't a subject you can teach yourself, so I'm grateful online schooling went smoother than expected. I have some of my closest friends in my class, and my teacher this year is great too, so I'm enjoying this class a lot. I'm happy to back in the physical classroom. Getting back to the topic of AA, I was very very happy with my SAC result- a 93%!! The percentage doesn't matter to me as much as the fact that I was able to improve from my practice SAC and hit those extra points I wasn't able to hit before.
Our mid-year exams (our 1/2 exams) have been cancelled because of the whole COVID-19 situation so in week 11, we're getting an "exam" booklet where we have to write an Extinction essay, an argument analysis essay, and we get to rewrite our creative sac into the booklet. I'm basically going to rewrite my draft since I got 100 on it  :P
We've started our oral presentations, my topic is sustainability in fashion and my contention is that completely ethical fashion is an unrealistic concept. Our orals have to be recorded this year because we don't have enough time to present it in class lol. I'm still in the process of writing it so I'll talk about it in a later update !

General Maths
Maths is probably the least interesting subject to me at the moment so I'll keep this short and sweet. I received 87% on my financial test which is better than I expected! We've finished our sequences unit, it wasn't super complicated for me but it wasn't too easy either aha. I just had the test today, I'm expecting high 60's to low 70's to be honest because I know I messed up a couple of the questions /: oh well. Our SAC for financial and sequences is in the last week of school, so two weeks from now.

Psychology
We had our SAC for psychological development, and this area was more complicated than I thought it was going to be aha. All the different topics and theories we had to learn was overwhelming at times, especially as we learnt the majority of it over online schooling. I guess I'm an auditory learner, as I appreciate things being explained to me so online schooling was a little tough as I couldn't access that instant help that you're able to have in class. I had moments of panic leading up to the SAC, as I thought that there was no way in hell that I could remember all of this stuff in just under a week. I spent a few days leading up to the sac going over content- I remember the night before the sac I had FINALLY connected the dots on what positive punishment, positive reinforcement, negative punishment, and negative reinforcement were. I had made flashcards with the generous amounts of cards our teacher had made us which was SO nice and considerate, thanks miss (,: Our SAC was in the middle of the day so at recess, I got my friend to vigorously test me on stuff I wasn't confident with and we were so loud I think the whole area memorised the content lmao. The study paid off as I got 98%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sosososo happy with that as my hard work paid off.

Legal Studies
WE FINISHED UNIT ONE! We had our criminal law + civil law sacs and I achieved a 95% and 97% respectively on those, which I'm really happy about. I'm shocked that I scored higher on my civil law sac. The days leading up to the civil law sac I was in that horrible cycle of procrastination and panic that left me probably with 2 hours of study under my belt. I have no idea how I got a 97% but hey I'm not complaining lmao. Since we've finished the unit, we're spending the rest of the term watching documentaries !!!!!

Biology
I'm getting less and less fond of biology as the days go by tbh. Don't get me wrong, I still like bio and I'm still trying hard but  ::) We're not learning anything new at the moment, just revising stuff for SACs. I had an enzyme related SAC last week where we watched the teacher do a demonstration and filled out a booklet related to the prac. The demonstration was related to liver and how catalase acts as an enzyme for hydrogen peroxide. Let me just say the boiled liver STUNK and the bloody liver in the test tube looked so disgusting lmao. I got a 75% on the SAC, I lost out on some marks because of some really simple mistakes which is okay, I'm not too fussed about it. My next SAC is on Monday, and it's about gene expression. I definitely need to brush up on my knowledge but I'm happy with whatever outcome.

Health and Human Development
I've been waiting for this 50 mark SAC for like a month and it's on Monday. I'm kind of freaking out just a little bit as it's my first big year 12 SAC, and I know that I won't do badly, but I'm still a bit worried. I remember thinking I had so much time to study but suddenly it's 3 days away and I'm just a tiny bit overwhelmed. Just a smidge. The littlest bit. The main reason I'm so tense about it is that it covers 3 entire chapters of the textbook and the areas we cover are so detailed so hgngngogtgjtngngh... I'll be okay though. I will study as efficiently as I can over these next few days so I can prepare myself well. It's on Monday after school, and you bet I'm coming straight on here after to complain/vent in relief/vent in despair (???) about it
I'm being very dramatic. I'm sure it'll go fine.

PERSONAL

Highlight reel!
- Walked to school with my friends today for the first time
- I started an anime and I'm yet to finish it (it's called Free)
- Started watching Bon Appetit and am already obsessed with Claire Saffitz
- Received an officeworks order (omg) and I ordered coloured pens (OMG)
- I've spent an ungodly amount of time on tiktok someone please stop me
- Put up some photo frames in my rooms from ikea and hung up pretty art postcards and some baby pictures ehe
- I bought a gudetama pen holder and tbh the painting detail on it isn't the best but it's cute!!!

Spoiler
Two weeks ago was my heaviest assessment-filled week I've ever had, and to be honest, a couple of things leading up to that week led me to not have the greatest emotional balance. It was a rough few days as I was struggling to balance my personal struggles with school struggles and I didn't know how I was gonna do it. In the end, everything actually came out great, as you can see, but I want to say that I'm proud of myself for being able to pull through and do well. I feel like if I didn't at least somewhat redirect my attention towards my sacs and moped around aimlessly it wouldn't have done me justice. Saying that, if I hadn't taken a few nights off and let myself take a break, I wouldn't have been able to get the marks I did. It was a complicated week full of ups and downs but I'm glad it's over lol.

That's all for today! I'll definitely be back a couple more times before the holidays to update you on the last few assessments and stuff. I can't believe it's so close to the end of term 2, I feel like this year is the year where I'm really enjoying school and I haven't been able to get the most out of it due to COVID-19!!

EDIT: I updated the english section with some things I forgot!

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 08:29:29 pm by jeydanaazli »

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2020, 04:45:07 pm »
+5
Hey Jeyda! :D

So excited to see another update and it seems like there is so much going on ;D.
Congrats on the amazing scores across your subjects, especially Psych!! Give yourself a pat on the back and celebrate because that is an amazing achievement and something you should be 100% proud of.

PERSONAL

- I started an anime and I'm yet to finish it (it's called Free)
- Received an officeworks order (omg) and I ordered coloured pens (OMG)
- I've spent an ungodly amount of time on tiktok someone please stop me
- I bought a gudetama pen holder and tbh the painting detail on it isn't the best but it's cute!!!

I see you have transitioned from Haikyuu to Free... welcome to the anime sporting life🤣. Can I just also say, ordering colour pens is like one of the best feeling on Earth, especially if it is a new set. (OMG GUDATAMAAAAAA!! You have got to show us a picture of it sometimes it sounds so cute!)

Spoiler
I just want to say, I am PROUD of you. You have gotten this far and congrats for getting through! It gets super tough when you have assignments left, right and centre while also balancing your personal life. Sometimes it gets too much, and that is totally fine so long as you are aware of it. You have done an amazing job and it's great to see how you are reflecting (reflecting is very good!). Make sure you take a break this weekend to step out of the 'school life chaos' before you go jumping back in again. ;D

Thank you so much for updating Jeyda and have a good weekend!

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2020, 07:29:00 pm »
+4
//
Thank you so much for the sweet reply, Ashmi!! I love seeing your name pop up aha
Free is actually way better than I expected, and it's my third sports anime I've watched so far lol. I'm thinking of watching Kuroko's Basketball next!
Have an amazing weekend <3

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2020, 07:23:10 pm »
+6
mini update / 26-06-20

Holidays!! Two weeks of relaxation is finally here~ I said I'd be back and here I am for a tiny little update.

> So, my HHD sac– it was easier than I expected. I was nervous the day of the sac, and my psychology teacher was super nice and helped me relax a bit before I had to sit it aha. A couple of topics I was worried about barely came up on the SAC or were referred to in questions that weren't hard to answer. I'm happy with my result, a nice shiny 94. This brings my unit 3 average to a 91%, a very good foundation for the rest of the year I'd say!  ;D Our midyear exams were moved to the first week back, so I've got the whole holidays to study for that.
> English "exam" week is over– better than I expected. We basically had to re-write our draft for our creative sac, and do another Extinction essay as a practice/progress check (which I ended up finishing in about 40 minutes lol)
> I had my General sac today, which was on financial/sequences. The sac was 4 questions (the first two were super long questions omg) and I think I did pretty well. It seems like we're always waiting for the end of the term for the maths sac so it felt good to get that over with tbh lol
> Finished unit 1 Bio with a test on photosynthesis/cellular respiration on Thursday. While studying, I put up some decorative post it notes with the equations on them and I'm not taking them down anytime soon bc they're too cute aha. I love and hate biology, aha. I'm keen to start the next topic!

I'm grateful to make it out of the term without any issues, and happy that I can have a little break before the next unit !!
Good luck to the people prepping for UCAT, and enjoy your holidays, everyone! <3

[edit, added bio update]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 07:36:05 pm by blueycan »

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2020, 09:06:58 pm »
+9
It's been a couple of months and nothing too exciting has happened but I thought I'd update anyway.

I turned 17! It's funny because I've been waiting to be 17 my entire life, it's just been the perfect teenage-age to me, and now that I'm here, I'm the same as little me lol. I felt like as a right of passage into my 17th year I had to watch Twilight. Watched all 5 movies in around 7-8 days and let me tell you, I was missing out. I can't believe why I never watched it or expressed any interest in it before...? I liked the 1st, 4th and 5th movies the most.

Also, I dropped Biology from my year 12 plans, which, if you've been attentive, you'll notice it disappeared from my AN signature a while ago  :P I expressed my preference for visual communication design instead! I'm excited for it, because I've always been a creative person and have excelled in art subjects, but I never thought it'd be worthwhile...? (Which I've grown to realise is completely untrue). Even though my plans after high school don't really have any artistic direction, I thought it'd be nice to be have an outlet during VCE, develop a portfolio, and just do something I'll enjoy working towards.

That being said, I visited the online Monash University open day last week. I researched their law programs, particularly Law/Arts, and I'm becoming really keen...? I've never really considered Monash before, mainly because the things holding me back would be the commute since I live quite far, and the ATAR is very high even with the Monash Guarantee. I'm trying not to let that stuff phase me/distract me for now as I'm just considering all of my options.

Started using Notion to plan out my coursework, which has been great. I discovered it from AN user Lear while reading justaloser's uni journey journal. I also took inspiration from their database "tracker" that basically tracks all their subjects/lectures etc. I've adapted it to be a very detailed to-do list and it's really good. Highly recommend for anyone reading this that struggles with keeping a planner. I've attached a screenshot of my planner that should show up at the bottom of this post.

Spoiler
Ramble ahead:
Mental health has been a bit rocky and I've noticed that in a lot of people, not just in myself. I've been trying to break up my day and not sit on this chair all the time, which is starting to cause aches in my back and shoulders. I've been worrying a bit about uni stuff/vcaa stuff/study scores etc and I'm trying to snap out of it and just focus on the day to day. Subconscious stress/anxiety about my upcoming HHD sac has led to me clenching my jaw at night again, and it's worse this time around as it's becoming painful rather than uncomfortable. Before stage 4 I had seen my dentist and she basically told me to expect it around exam/sac times, and gave me a quote for a mouthguard, which I'll definitely be getting once stage 4 is over. I really want the term to end already so I can catch a break hhh

Anyways that's it for now! Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has a good September ahead of them <3

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2020, 11:01:14 pm »
+6
Hey Jeyda!!💫💫

OH I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS JOURNAL UPDATE

First of all, congrats for turning 17! I absolutely agree with you that 17 is a nice number and it's like that 'sweet spot' out of all the other numbers 🤣.

Also, WELCOME TO THE FOLIO GANG! [If you do decide to do viscom]. Folios are such a good change of pace when you want to get away from your other subjects and just need something 'different' to do. I'm so glad to see we have more folio buddies around on AN and trust me, you will definitely enjoy the subject if you love being creative and just letting yourself be 'free'. Great to see that you are exploring different potential courses you may want to do in the future [even better great to see that Law/Arts has piqued your interest].

Spoiler
Totally understand what you mean by the aches and pains all over your body from sitting down all day. Have you tried doing some stretches? I do admit that the system can be quite harsh in the way it makes the students feel at times and try not to worry about it, sometimes it can make things seem a lot worse. Trust me, you will be fine! I absolutely believe in you and just do you very best because that's all anyone can ask of you💖. Don't worry cause the term is about to end soon and you definitely will be getting a nice long break.

Thanks for the update Jeyda and I'm looking forward to another one soon!!

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2020, 07:06:54 am »
+5
Hi Jeyda! I've been reading your journal since last year but I'm so surprised that I've never commented because your journal was so fun to read! It's great that you moved to general maths at the start of the year, welcome to the club! 
I'm sure that you'll get into the Laws/Arts so don't worry about the numbers and reach for the stars :D

Spoiler
With mental health, a great idea which has worked for me is to take a few days off to recover and come back with a fresh mindset. A positive mindset will do wonders in these dark times. You can do this!

Looking forward to the next update!
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2020, 07:54:28 am »
+4
Hey Jeyda!  ;D

Super nice to see an update!

Happy belated Birthday! 🎉🎉

That's great that you picked Viscom. It's nice to have a variety of subjects and my friend's always saying how it's a nice break from her math/science subjects.

Spoiler
Yeah, with this online learning thing, it's easy to stay in one place for a long time and I've been getting those back pains as well. I've found that forcing myself to go on walks outside at around midday helps 'segment' my day and it also unstiffens those muscles so maybe it might help you too, if you have free periods around then? Yeah, it's hard to not to focus on specific scores, especially if you need them for entry into a course but I believe that you can definitely do it! I'm sorry about that jaw pain, hopefully it goes away soon. Good luck for your HHD sac!

Have a great week and excited for the next update!

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2020, 07:14:27 pm »
+10
    replies
    thank you ashmi, potato and evolio for your birthday wishes, kind words and advice for stress relief, these comments have brought me great comfort ;D

hello everybody, time for another update!
    since my last post, there have been quite a few developments...

First...HHD!

HHD IS ALMOST OVER! First, going to quickly pat myself on the back because I earned a 90% on my last sac  8) And I officially finished all of my coursework for this subject, forever. I have ONE sac left (which is this Monday– I always seem to update right before a HHD sac). I procrastinated all week, so this weekend, I need to go all out and study my ass off. It was a bit disheartening to find out a lot of interesting content like aid programs and NGO's got cut out of the study design. I'm more than fine with the outcome, though– this sac is only 25 marks so it'll be over before I know it. It's honestly weird and kind of sentimental (??) to think that my HHD journey is coming to an end after two years and since this was my first look into VCE it holds a very special place in my heart. But I really am sick of writing the words "health and wellbeing" twenty thousand times a day  :'(
    My exam is on the 19th of November. Haven't really started preparing yet :o But after this sac I will start doing practice questions, *finally* open my exam prep booklet, and sit some past exams. It's almost over but we cannot exhale yet! Push through!!! Coming for that 50!! (Maybe. More accurate goal would be 45?? On keltingmeith's calculator I have an estimate of anywhere from 39 to 46, hopefully higher if I absolutely obliterate the exam) Will update more on exam prep soon.

Now for English.

Recently finished the comparative unit, which I liked but at the same time HATED. The prompts for the sac were weird, and I had trouble trying to come up with creative yet cohesive arguments (paragraphs?). In english, even though I know I have the capacity to do well, I tend to underestimate myself. I end up thinking I did way worse than I actually did. I'll be in the middle of a sac and completely hate what I'm writing but will force myself to be confident and go through with it. Well, I guess it worked, and the teachers liked my mumbo-jumbo probably with the help of some divine intervention because I got an unexpected 33/35. (:

Some small updates for my other subjects:
      - 94% on my social psychology sac which was way more than I was expecting. Moved onto the research project unit where we're conducting an experiment to investigate the effects of colour on taste perception
      - Had my legal studies sac on civil law/remedies today, which I studied for quite extensively and I'm pretty happy with how I did. I think I need more practice on extended response questions
      - Had my networks/graphs sac in general today... it was so short and easy and I'm glad it's out of the way
      - Biology has been alright. Currently studying evolution, and I have a test on Monday (:

personal updates
    In person schooling has started again and I'm relieved to be able to leave my house everyday. Feels good to get back into a routine and see different faces and hear different voices. These next few weeks are gonna be rough with exams and all, but being out of the house and having something to do outweighs being stuck at home. Mental health is doing alright, definitely better than a couple of weeks ago, which is good. Trying to say what's on my mind instead of bottling it up really does help– I really have to learn that it's okay to let people help you instead of trying to deal with it yourself.

On another note I need to do things other than 1. study, and 2. go on social media lol.
    I have been starting to write again?? It feels good but I have a lot of writer's block. Anytime I have a cool idea I try to get it onto paper... even if I don't flesh it out into a story or whatever it's nice to keep those ideas you have and be able to revisit them and gain new inspiration. If anyone who's reading this likes to write online, there's a website called calmlywriter which helps me  write without any distractions.
    I'm also going to start drawing more as a method of stress-relief, I might link a couple of my art pieces in a future update  :o I've noticed when I sketch without wanting to, it becomes horrible and never turns out how I'd like it to. Need to find that balance of staying committed to my hobby without forcing myself to do it.
    I have embarrassingly not been reading whatsoever lately. If anyone has any good book recommendations PLEASE let me know because your girl is desperate here.

thank you for keeping up to date with my very average journal and I will be updating soon so stay tuned!

please ignore the list thing i dont know how to fix it lol[/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 07:17:34 pm by blueycan »

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
    • she/her
    « Reply #57 on: October 21, 2020, 05:14:08 pm »
    +8
    Good afternoon, everyone. So... I ended up ruining my laptop on the weekend. Consequently writing this small update from my iPad, so I apologise for any typos  :P

Just ended this wonderful school day with the news that I scored 100% on my HHD sac, bringing my unit 4 average to 95% and putting me in a very good place to get the 45+ I’m aiming for!
    When I saw the score I think my eyes popped out of my skull. On my practice sac I had scored a 19/25 (76%), and the week before my sac I didn’t study like I usually do and overall had a pretty shitty week, so this score was DEFINITELY a surprise. I’m very pleased and proud to finish off with a score like this, and it’s given me more motivation to do my best for the exam.
    Plugged these figures and my predicted exam score (I’m working towards 85/100 and above) into keltingmeith’s study score calculator for an estimate, and it’s looking like I could get anywhere from 40 to 47. Maybe more if I’m lucky?
    I’ve started exam revision today– current plan of action is making quizlet flashcards and obtaining all the practice questions my teacher is giving out. I have 6 more periods left with my class until the year 12’s graduate, which is kind of sad  :'(

That’s all for today. Just wanted to pop in here and let y’all know about the good news ♥️
    « Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 07:21:03 pm by blueycan »

tiredandstressed

• MOTM: DEC 20
    • Forum Obsessive
    • pretty without the r (he/him)
    • Respect: +167
    « Reply #58 on: October 21, 2020, 05:54:53 pm »
    +2
    Just ended this wonderful school day with the news that I scored 100% on my HHD sac, bringing my unit 4 average to 95% and putting me in a very good place to get the 45+ I’m aiming for!
    When I saw the score I think my eyes popped out of my skull. On my practice sac I had scored a 19/25 (76%), and the week before my sac I didn’t study like I usually do and overall had a pretty shitty week, so this score was DEFINITELY a surprise.
    Congratulations that's an amazing achievement! And yes you are definitely on track to a 45+
    Personally, my unit 3 average was 99% and my unit 4 average was 98% so as long as you get a strong A+ on the final exal you'll definitely reach a 45+
    Diligently complete practice exams, and to get those top marks you will need to practice the extended response questions and kill em in the exam :)
    VCE '17-'18
    2017: Biology, Psychology
    2018: English, HHD, Chemistry, Methods
    2019-22: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Honours) @ UoM
    My guides:
    A quick guide to language and argument analysis
    HHD sample questions
    HHD 2019 Comprehensive examiner report analysis

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
    • she/her
    « Reply #59 on: November 15, 2020, 10:32:23 pm »
    +5
    (Quite a serious) Exam preparation update – 4 days until HHD

I have almost finished the huge practice question book full of relevant VCAA questions from 2004–2019 that my lovely teachers have prepared, but still have a couple more to do. I've noticed the same pattern of questions I struggle with– it's usually the ones with graphs (even though they used to be my favourite :'( ) and questions from Unit 4 content.
    I've also been going through the exam revision lecture booklet from the Health Teachers Network, making dot-point revision notes and completing the questions in the booklet.
    I completed the 2019 AN HHD practice exam yesterday and the 2019 VCAA exam today. My self-marking of yesterday's exam was ~60/91 marks, and today's was 71/89. An improvement...? The marks are less than 100 because I crossed out a couple of questions since they weren't relevant to this year's study design.
    Obviously I am not used to exam timing because I am finishing with around 10-15 minutes to go. If I had to complete the questions I crossed out and used up a few minutes to go over the paper, I would've finished with almost no time or worse, not finished at all. Need to try and remain as concise as possible in my answers, and not ponder over questions for too long. Today I caught myself rereading a question for about three minutes and decided to skip it and come back to it afterwards, which was a good idea as I was able to get some easy marks out of the way.
    As with extended responses, I'm not really confident just yet but I think I'm getting there. With my (lenient) self-marking I reckon I'm getting about 5-7 marks out of the 10ish, but I need to confirm with my teachers tomorrow just how I'm doing.
    Before Thursday, I want to annotate the practice exam I completed today, finish my exam revision booklet, do more questions from my AtarNotes topic tests book, complete at least two more practice exams, and attempt several extended responses.
    My initial goal for the exam was 80/100 marks, but now that I've started doing practice exams, I've realised how hard this is gonna be. I have a very vague idea of what will get me a 45 but at this point I don't really care about the numbers game and want to answer the questions as best as possible. I care about the content of this subject a lot and don't want to throw away my interest for public health just because of some exam marks.

I need to start studying for my year 11 exams which start on the 23rd. They seem like a joke compared to the weight of my HHD exam but I want to do well on them too, so I need to find a balance.

Good luck to everyone else reading this (:
    « Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 10:34:27 pm by blueycan »