Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:08:53 am

Author Topic: I need to eat more.  (Read 33719 times)

w0lfqu33n89

• Trendsetter
  • This is my text until I find another poetic quote
  • Respect: +151
Re: I need to eat more.
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2021, 03:06:37 pm »
+6
Hey Bean, i'm glad you are focusing on yourself again. Hey, maybe your reward us travelling back to the sweet store to find Swedish Fish!

also currently sitting in class learning about positive reinforcement as I read this so lol

ily xx

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
Re: I need to eat more.
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2021, 02:07:48 pm »
+18
Hi, my lovelies!
Thought I'd drop by and give an update.

If you've read my other journal(s?), you'll know that a few months ago I underwent treatment for a chronic bacterial infection which caused nausea and stomach pain, among other symptoms. This pain was the main reason I was unable to eat well, so after recovering from treatment, I just wanted to provide the stats:

Last year and into June this year, my weight fluctuated between 48kg-54kgs - mostly on the lower end. As someone who is 5'8 with an athletic build, this put me as underweight and I was struggling with deficiencies in iron and calcium because of reduced absorption and internal bleeding from gut ulcers caused by the bacteria.

By July I was 55.3kgs - the most I had weighed since I was 16. By August, I was 56. And now, as of September 18th, I weigh over 56.3kgs. It's a slow but steady climb to the me I want to be. The healthy me. Being able to eat what I want when I want is a liberty I am overly happy to abuse (especially considering the fact that it's strawberry season!!! YUM.) I'm watching my body fill out in tiny bits on my arms, my hips, and more.

Mentally, I'm so used to seeing myself underweight that sometimes I struggle with feeling deformed despite only having minor, gradual improvements. But that's something that I'm working on. And I'm glad to be here. Able to eat more, eat freely, and eat enough.

Thanks for your help, my friends.
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating