Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:33:48 pm

Author Topic: The Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 745991 times)  Share 

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
Re: The Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3750 on: October 21, 2021, 11:10:06 pm »
+4
Audiobooks are the bees knees.
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

UrekMazino

• Adventurer
  • Wasting time again
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3751 on: November 14, 2021, 10:09:16 pm »
+1
If a bus is consistently late (which mine is), is it possible to officially update the timetable to match?

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #3752 on: November 15, 2021, 12:40:47 am »
If a bus is consistently late (which mine is), is it possible to officially update the timetable to match?
Nah cause the other buses may not be late so the ordered intervals in which buses SHOULD appear is disrupted, meaning people ave to guess at bus times as opposed to saying well, just missed the last one, next should be here in 20 minutes or something. Also like even if its consistent, i guess the reason it is consistently late is due to some unpredicted result like ongoing construction of a specific road used in the navigation, this is not permeanent. Another thing could just be the bus driver? Regardless I think the time represents what SHOULD happen, even if things go awry consistenly, it is a personal problem I guess.
Still makes me mad tho >:(
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

UrekMazino

• Adventurer
  • Wasting time again
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3753 on: November 15, 2021, 09:12:34 am »
+2
It's become an ongoing joke among the public transport users at my school.
"Don't worry, you won't miss it. It's always at least 5 minutes late."

Twice the bus was so late the next bus was driving right behind it the whole way to the station. It's considered a miracle when the bus ever resembles being on time.

happycat

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #3754 on: November 17, 2021, 04:18:59 pm »
+2
As a university graduate I can say my journey felt like this. At the very beginning, I had a plan and a goal. But then, later on it felt like I was dragged away from my original plans, intentions like some powerful ocean current that I can't control and that goal of mine is now even further away in the distance. By the time I finished I was quite disoriented completely losing sight of what my original plans were.
    To say the least, university was a wild ride for me with lots of ups and downs. Still a good experience though so I can't complain.