Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:41:59 am

Author Topic: 2015 Geo exam discussion  (Read 4275 times)  Share 

djsbrks

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: ABC
2015 Geo exam discussion
« on: November 12, 2015, 03:51:57 pm »
I know geo isn't a popular subject, but how did everyone go with the 2015 geo exam :)
I personally thought the questions were pretty straightforward, but I was surprised there was nothing on China's OCP!! Was also expecting a map of our local resource to be drawn :P

JesseD

• Fresh Poster
Re: 2015 Geo exam discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 02:45:01 pm »
I was also prepared to draw my local resource.

I read on last year's examiners report that 'spatial interaction' was a weakness, so I revised the definition that morning.

I was glad I learnt lots of statistics for my MDB case studies, so I was able to quantify the amount of water in the wetland I chose when it asked to explain water availability.

I was a bit annoyed it didn't ask to compare two population case studies and focused more on interpreting data. I spent a lot of time researching data for my two population case studies.

The Arctic foxes question was weird, though. Who would say the distribution of Arctic Foxes is a better example of a global phenomena than Global shipping routes?

Overall, the exam didn't seem too bad.
2015: Geography (38)
2016: English, Maths Methods, Biology, History Revolutions, Indonesian SL

djsbrks

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • School: ABC
Re: 2015 Geo exam discussion
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 03:19:42 pm »
Lucky you memorised the definition! Haha I'm sure a lot of people would have had to make it up on the spot.. or is that just me ._. I was a bit disappointed in my answers for the MDB, really should've had more stats included..
yeah I was also anticipating to talk about 2 population groups!  I guess that would just test whether people understand the definition of global phenomena!  ;D