Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 08:30:05 pm

Author Topic: GLOBAL PHENOMENA MAP  (Read 3512 times)  Share 

scottg15

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: A good one.
  • School Grad Year: 2015
GLOBAL PHENOMENA MAP
« on: November 11, 2015, 06:02:29 pm »
How detailed does the global phenomena distribution map have to be??
I'm doing desertification, and there is lots of bits here and there that are experiencing desertification. Do i need to put each of them in, and also do i use yellow and orange, because it might be hard for the examiners do see and differentiate between.
What should i do?? or what do other people do?
2014: VCD(40), VCE VET Business (41)
2015: ENG (38), LEG(40), MM(34), GEO(47)

kellylaing

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • School: Huntingtower
Re: GLOBAL PHENOMENA MAP
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 10:20:05 pm »
Our school also does desertification, and using orange and yellow is probably a good idea because the colours are associated with desert environments and such. Our teacher showed us a past SAC where a student used greyled and a red pencil and it just didn't really look right. If you think your colouring is dark enough so that the orange and yellow is differentiable, then I would think this is the best way to go.

As for the little bits of desertification around the place (if you're using the textbook map, that would be the ones in places such as Italy, Turkey and Madagascar), they are probably less important than the bits that occur right next to deserts, but if you can fit them in to the 6 minutes of mapping (if its worth 3 marks) then it's a good idea to include them, especially if you refer to them in a distribution explanation in the next question or so.

scottg15

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • School: A good one.
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: GLOBAL PHENOMENA MAP
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 09:30:55 am »
Thank you very much. Will need it in a few hours. :o
2014: VCD(40), VCE VET Business (41)
2015: ENG (38), LEG(40), MM(34), GEO(47)