Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 09:45:41 am

Author Topic: will doing these vce subjects be difficult?  (Read 1839 times)  Share 

moxiemoxie

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
will doing these vce subjects be difficult?
« on: September 04, 2017, 05:01:05 pm »
Would it be too difficult if i took bio, chem, health and human develop and pysch in vce? (I'm also doing maths methods and eng)
Apparently in the first year of uni we're taught two units of bio(?) Should I not do bio or pysch or should I do both?
Im not that strong in science im pre average i guess.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: will doing these vce subjects be difficult?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 05:08:10 pm »
+4
Would it be too difficult if i took bio, chem, health and human develop and pysch in vce? (I'm also doing maths methods and eng)
Apparently in the first year of uni we're taught two units of bio(?) Should I not do bio or pysch or should I do both?
Im not that strong in science im pre average i guess.

Hey moxiemoxie,

Welcome to ATAR Notes! :D

I reckon that's a great subject mix! You have a nice range of subjects IMO, and a lot of people will go with a similar mix.

Subject difficulty is entirely subjective and really difficult to indicate, though. Is a Bachelor of Science the goal after Year 12? If those are the subjects you're most interested in, I reckon you should go for it. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 08:10:25 am »
+3
Bio and psychology complement eachother nicely. I wouldn't say that it would be difficult to do them together, just make sure that you're interested in the content taught in both :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 08:54:07 am »
+2
Bio and psychology complement eachother nicely. I wouldn't say that it would be difficult to do them together, just make sure that you're interested in the content taught in both :)

There's a little bit of overlap there with HHD, too. I think it's a great mix!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Atlantis

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 09:16:24 am »
+1
i'm doing both biology and psych this year and I really like both of them!! just like what was said before if you are interested in the content offered in both subjects there should be no issue with doing the both of them

the two bio units offered in first year uni are not likely to cover all of the vce biology content as there is a large range (photosynthesis, immunity, evolution etc)

your selection of subjects sounds good, keep up on your notes in the year and it should be fine :-))))
“The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled.”
― Plutarch