Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:51:58 pm

Author Topic: Storyboard assessment (from term 2)  (Read 6995 times)

K80_dr0wning

• Fresh Poster
  • Being myself works for me
  • Respect: 0
Storyboard assessment (from term 2)
« on: October 14, 2019, 03:53:35 pm »
+2
Hi Guys,
I just wanted to see if I could get a general feel for how we went in the storyboard assessment (term 2 I think) and whether any one got any good feedback on how to improve for next year.
I know my class didn't do so great (11 out of 20 marks is a pass right?) and we didn't get much feedback to help us improve either.

If anyone could help me out here, it would be much apreciated.   :D :D :D
From Katie
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

literally lauren

• Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Resident English/Lit Nerd
  • Respect: +1423
Re: Storyboard assessment (from term 2)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 05:05:26 pm »
+3
Hi Guys,
I just wanted to see if I could get a general feel for how we went in the storyboard assessment (term 2 I think) and whether any one got any good feedback on how to improve for next year.
I know my class didn't do so great (11 out of 20 marks is a pass right?) and we didn't get much feedback to help us improve either.

If anyone could help me out here, it would be much apreciated.   :D :D :D
Hi k80!

Sucks that your teacher wasn't more specific - it might be worth chatting to them to see if they can give you a more precise idea of how you could improve. Otherwise, (not sure if you've seen this already) QCAA have put out a few sample responses for the various assessment tasks (here!) and there are a couple of examples of storyboard annotations:

(more pages available here)

The best general advice would be to use the syllabus requirement dot points as a bit of a checklist while you're composing and annotating your storyboard, since that'll make it super easy for your teacher to give you marks!

Any chance you could post a photo of your storyboard, or just give us a general overview of what you covered any how?

Hopefully there are some more Drama people around who can chip in too! ;D

K80_dr0wning

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 06:00:01 pm »
Hi k80!

Sucks that your teacher wasn't more specific - it might be worth chatting to them to see if they can give you a more precise idea of how you could improve. Otherwise, (not sure if you've seen this already) QCAA have put out a few sample responses for the various assessment tasks here! and there are a couple of examples of storyboard annotations:

The best general advice would be to use the syllabus requirement dot points as a bit of a checklist while you're composing and annotating your storyboard, since that'll make it super easy for your teacher to give you marks!

Any chance you could post a photo of your storyboard, or just give us a general overview of what you covered any how?

Hopefully there are some more Drama people around who can chip in too! ;D

Thankyou sooo much Lauren. This would have been so helpful in term 2, but I now know for next year  :)

I've tried to attach one of the pages of my story board, I thought I put in enough detail, but apparently not... I've definetly learnt this year to utilise my task sheets (one of my teachers say it is our 'Bible' when doing our assessment).

Thankyou so much,
Katie

Also, I'm not quite sure how to put in pictures, I hope I did it right and it shows up. :)
From Katie
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

literally lauren

• Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Resident English/Lit Nerd
  • Respect: +1423
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 06:22:52 pm »
+4
Hey Katie,

This looks good so far, but there are some opportunities to add more detail - for example, in that first frame:

"Minimalism shown through car setting"

HOW is this created, and WHY have you used minimalism in this way? I can see what you're getting at, but if you included a bit more info, it might be easier for your teacher to give you more credit. Specifically, there are two things you need to do:
   1. Explain HOW you have achieved this effect, and what has contributed to this
   2. Explain WHY you have done this, and what it contributes to

For example:
The minimalist setting of a car interior is established through the use of simplistic props that form the imagined car dashboard, and the actor's body language gesturing the motion of turning a steering wheel. This contributes to a sense of realism whilst still relying on the audience's imagination to fill in the blanks.

Or, for the second frame:
This minimalist setting continues throughout the scene and is furthered by the actor's consistent movement within the imagined space of the car, and their interaction with the imagined steering wheel and pedals. This helps to maintain a sense of continuity and preserving this realism.

Notice how the examples in the syllabus all seem to emphasise the WHY (e.g. "establishes context" or "to symbolise the changing periods in Margaret's life")? That's the main thing you want to focus on in your own storyboards!

The same goes for your points about flashbacks and multimedia integration - if you can tell us HOW and WHY you've done something, you'll be forcing yourself to show your knowledge of the syllabus (which = more marks! ;D ) At the moment, you're doing a really good job of describing the scenes and their theatrical elements, but ask yourself these two questions and you'll hopefully be able to add more detail!

Hope your task sheet bibles are super useful next year, haha! :D

K80_dr0wning

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 10:36:11 am »
Thanks so much Lauren! Definetly a big help for next year!
From Katie
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️