Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 05:26:11 am

Author Topic: Evaluate Question  (Read 601 times)  Share 

arshavin23

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Evaluate Question
« on: November 03, 2013, 10:13:15 pm »
Just wondering if my structure is correct. For example, if a question was, Evaluate parliament as a law-maker for 5 marks.
Would this structure be correct?

1 mark - identify strength
1 mark- why it is a strength
1 mark - identify weakness
1 mark - why it is a weakness
1 mark - overall judgement

90+FTW

Re: Evaluate Question
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 10:24:18 pm »
That honestly depends. If the question specifically asks you to "identify and evaluate" then to some extent you are correct. However, if it solely based on evaluation, then you're identification should be included or rather filtered throughout your response. Moreover, this structure is largely reliant on the marks allocated to the question, and even in that, you have to determine whether it is more effective to talk about more strengths and weakness, or less - but to a greater extent. However, this aspect really depends on your knowledge. You also have to include an introduction and a conclusion - just a statement or so.

Hope I helped.

meganrobyn

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +62
Re: Evaluate Question
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 11:00:45 pm »
That honestly depends. If the question specifically asks you to "identify and evaluate" then to some extent you are correct. However, if it solely based on evaluation, then you're identification should be included or rather filtered throughout your response. Moreover, this structure is largely reliant on the marks allocated to the question, and even in that, you have to determine whether it is more effective to talk about more strengths and weakness, or less - but to a greater extent. However, this aspect really depends on your knowledge. You also have to include an introduction and a conclusion - just a statement or so.

Hope I helped.

Amen to all of that. Plus, I wouldn't count on getting any marks for my opinion. Also, I always try to have at least as many smaller points as the number of marks - here, you have two points for 5 marks.
[Update: full for 2018.] I give Legal lectures through CPAP, and am an author for the CPAP 'Legal Fundamentals' textbook and the Legal 3/4 Study Guide.
Available for private tutoring in English and Legal Studies.
Experience in Legal 3/4 assessing; author of Legal textbook; degrees in Law and English; VCE teaching experience in Legal Studies and English. Legal Studies [50] English [50] way back when.
Good luck!