Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:57:14 pm

Author Topic: How to deal with oversensitive people  (Read 1992 times)  Share 

john tran

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
How to deal with oversensitive people
« on: August 22, 2018, 06:15:47 pm »
Hi,
This is a very debatable topic; many people think that being oversensitive makes one innocent. Others think being oversensitive is hard to cope with, resulting them both distancing themselves.

I don't know how i feel about oversensitive people, i really don't. Many of them i try to be friends with, but, i simply can't. i try to be considerate of what i say and do around them, but sometimes things just slip out.

That brings me to why i posted this. i want you guys to help me out and give me some guidance. BTW, whenever i say something that triggers a reaction, i feel guilty and stupid for what happened (i think about it for a day sometimes).
Please help me out, thank you.
humans are like mussels, our body is  just a shell that holds and protects our brain.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: How to deal with oversensitive people
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 06:34:29 pm »
+1
What do you define as "oversensitive"?

Could you give a few examples on a few things that may have triggered a reaction that you feel is unfair from your perspective?

john tran

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 07:14:49 pm »
What do you define as "oversensitive"?

Could you give a few examples on a few things that may have triggered a reaction that you feel is unfair from your perspective?

-when i try to joke around and make a non offensive joke
for example, when he couldn't attend his friend's party(because his mum didn't let him)i said, "isn't the reason why you can't come because you have to study and become a doctor?" and then afterwards he just started avoiding me and giving me the silent treatment.

-this one is somewhat reasonable, but still a little over the top. It was when he got lightly tackled by my friend and he started crying very loudly and threatened to kill my friend who tackled him to the ground. Eventually, he got over it.

-when he failed a test and we made a couple comments about it (not mean, it was motivative) he started blaming how we made him fail the test and started hitting us down there.

- this last one is kind of triggering for me. when anyone says something that is false or stupid (like a joke that he doesn't get), he always calls us dumb or tells us we need to shut up.
humans are like mussels, our body is  just a shell that holds and protects our brain.

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 10:10:48 pm »
from this very small sample size of interactions with this guy he kind of sounds like a sook but I dont really know. Just try to be around people who are positive and understand your humor. Threatening to kill someone for a light tackle is definitely overboard lol

john tran

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 04:17:30 pm »
from this very small sample size of interactions with this guy he kind of sounds like a sook but I dont really know. Just try to be around people who are positive and understand your humor. Threatening to kill someone for a light tackle is definitely overboard lol

yeah, i guess that's the only solution i can think off as well.

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 04:35:44 pm »
I literally have one of these in my class. i mean, he stopped the crying when tackled a couple of years ago, but the rest of it's still right.
Basically, just treat them like any other member of the class. Don't use any special treatment, and if he starts whimpering, just don't react.
He'll get over it when he realises that being that kind of different isn't winning him any friends... ;)
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

john tran

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 08:07:01 pm »
+1
I literally have one of these in my class. i mean, he stopped the crying when tackled a couple of years ago, but the rest of it's still right.
Basically, just treat them like any other member of the class. Don't use any special treatment, and if he starts whimpering, just don't react.
He'll get over it when he realises that being that kind of different isn't winning him any friends... ;)
so i'm not the only one. When this guy cries he literally cries while doing what he is currently doing, so many of my friends don't know if it's legit or fake and just ignore him. He eventually stops, but it's so damn hard to make him stop crying.