Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:21:41 pm

Author Topic: "Models of stress as a biological process"  (Read 1088 times)  Share 

studyingg

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +14
"Models of stress as a biological process"
« on: July 12, 2018, 04:15:14 pm »
Hi guys,
Im writing to ask a question about something in the study design that is kind of confusing me and giving me doubts on my knowledge of the topic.

So basically, my question is, is the fight-flight-freeze response a different biological model to the GAS? Because that's how we studied it in school and what my textbook implies. But I was reading the dot-point, and It seems to me that the key knowledge is suggesting the the fight-flight-freeze response is part of the General Adaptation Syndrome. Here's the dot-point:

models of stress as a biological process, with reference to Selye’s General Adaptation Syndrome of alarm reaction (shock/counter shock), resistance and exhaustion, including the ‘fight-flight-freeze’ response and the role of cortisol

Is it implying that the FFF response is included in the GAS or is it a seperate model? Because the role of cortisol is applicable to the GAS and its been also placed alongside the FFF response.

I was pretty sure that they were two separate models because the word is pluralised, but this is also the case for the "Models of stress as a psychological process" - and we only need to know the one transactional model.

Could someone please clarify this for me? Thanks!

sdfg

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +42
Re: "Models of stress as a biological process"
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 04:42:05 pm »
The FFF response and GAS are different (and were treated as such in last year's exam).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 06:43:07 pm by sdfg »
Psychology [45] | HHD [47]

studyingg

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +14
Re: "Models of stress as a biological process"
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 10:47:15 am »
The FFF response and GAS are different (and were treated as such in last year's exam).

Thankss!