Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 03:52:11 am

Author Topic: What if I don’t get the required atar whimsy doing hard subjects  (Read 1016 times)  Share 

SOULXX

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: -2
I’m doing
English
Methods
Physics
Biology
Physical edu
Vet lab
And most of my courses require a 70+ but end up achieving 60 am I stuffed

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: What if I don’t get the required atar whimsy doing hard subjects
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 05:53:02 pm »
+6
Not necessarily.

Depending on your circumstances and the courses you’re interested in doing, SEAS, subject bonuses and other adjustments can be added to the ATAR you receive, which may make your adjusted selection rank a bit higher and may get you over the line. The amount of adjustments will vary from course to course, institute to institute and person to person, so there’s no single answer as to how much you’ll receive in adjustments (and generally you’ll never know what your adjusted selection rank was).

Still don’t quite make it with your adjustments? That’s ok! Courses are offered on a system where the institutes try to fill up as many  spots as they have available and go via people’s adjusted ranks, as well as demand (the number of people who put a course as a preference). If your desired course doesn’t have that much demand and you don’t quite make it after adjustments, there’s still a (slim) chance you’ll be able to still get a spot. (Also, note that the selection rank to enter a course often lowers with each offer round until as many spots are filled as possible, but chances decrease drastically with each round and not all courses participate in all rounds.)

However, I’d recommend that you work harder now and not rely on this to get you into your desired course, as the chances of getting in via this method can often be very risky.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

SOULXX

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: -2
Re: What if I don’t get the required atar whimsy doing hard subjects
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 06:14:04 pm »
Not necessarily.

Depending on your circumstances and the courses you’re interested in doing, SEAS, subject bonuses and other adjustments can be added to the ATAR you receive, which may make your adjusted selection rank a bit higher and may get you over the line. The amount of adjustments will vary from course to course, institute to institute and person to person, so there’s no single answer as to how much you’ll receive in adjustments (and generally you’ll never know what your adjusted selection rank was).

Still don’t quite make it with your adjustments? That’s ok! Courses are offered on a system where the institutes try to fill up as many  spots as they have available and go via people’s adjusted ranks, as well as demand (the number of people who put a course as a preference). If your desired course doesn’t have that much demand and you don’t quite make it after adjustments, there’s still a (slim) chance you’ll be able to still get a spot. (Also, note that the selection rank to enter a course often lowers with each offer round until as many spots are filled as possible, but chances decrease drastically with each round and not all courses participate in all rounds.)

However, I’d recommend that you work harder now and not rely on this to get you into your desired course, as the chances of getting in via this method can often be very risky.

Of course I’ll try hard, but really thank you for your amazing answer really appreciate