Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:35:57 am

Author Topic: SELECTIVE SCHOOL EXAM 2019  (Read 6621 times)  Share 

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: SELECTIVE SCHOOL EXAM 2019
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 07:46:46 pm »
thanks!! which year did you do the test??

zuijinde

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 08:03:54 pm »
tysm!! Honestly, idk if I am studying enough. I study around 1.5 hours a day but compared to other people who study for literally the whole day makes me loose all my hope. Moreover, sometimes I get lost, like idk what to do next. I go to edu-kingdom tutoring and I will be doing 2 hendersons mock exams and 2 workshops. One of my mum's friends let me use her daughters henderson booklet with which she got into macrob.
Also, in one day I do 1-2 chapters in my year 8 maths textbook and then the hendersons booklet and then some other material I have.
If you dont mind, could you please give me some tips on what to study??
maybe study on a few quadratics questions, brush up on linear stuff (maybe surds)?
I went to edukingdom from yr7-yr8 (not because it was for getting into a selective school, just to get better at my subjects), and honestly, it really wasn't that good. The homework they set up are barely even related to the stuff you were given on the exam. I have no clue about henderson tho.

How's your english man? Hope you're not neglecting it.
A really good friend of mine tried out for nhs/mhs, and he got 2 superiors for maths, but then the rest he got the ranking below average/average.

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2019, 08:08:57 pm »
maybe study on a few quadratics questions, brush up on linear stuff (maybe surds)?
I went to edukingdom from yr7-yr8 (not because it was for getting into a selective school, just to get better at my subjects), and honestly, it really wasn't that good. The homework they set up are barely even related to the stuff you were given on the exam. I have no clue about henderson tho.

How's your english man? Hope you're not neglecting it.
A really good friend of mine tried out for nhs/mhs, and he got 2 superiors for maths, but then the rest he got the ranking below average/average.
I might also get avg/below avg in all the English subjects lol

zuijinde

• Forum Regular
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2019, 08:12:04 pm »
I might also get avg/below avg in all the English subjects lol
no worries man. Depends on what school you go to and how competitive it is.
someone in my year level got into nossal and she didn't get any superiors at all.
just pray you get in to at least PD

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2019, 08:15:54 pm »
oh. what year did you do the test?
My english in my opinion is probably above average but there i plenty of room for improvement. In edu-kingdom, for the writing tasks, i usually get in the 80s out of 100.
I am trying for SCHS.
However, my preference list is SCHS, MACROB, NHS.
tysm for your help

zuijinde

• Forum Regular
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2019, 08:29:50 pm »
oh. what year did you do the test?
My english in my opinion is probably above average but there i plenty of room for improvement. In edu-kingdom, for the writing tasks, i usually get in the 80s out of 100.
I am trying for SCHS.
However, my preference list is SCHS, MACROB, NHS.
tysm for your help
I tried out in 2014. Looks like you're smashing English, which is definitely good.
How quick of a thinker are you? I remember the numerical reasoning was terribly difficult and required a lot of time.
Maybe work on your nerves as well if you get anxious during testing

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2019, 03:52:42 pm »
I guess I am not that quick at thinking. Sometimes, as soon as I look at a number pattern, I immediately recognise the pattern but sometimes it takes me forever. I guess I could improve with more practice.
In the math trial tests I usually get 35+/60, numeric 30+/50, verbal (35+/60), reading (38+/50).
Recently, I have been getting 41 and 42 out of 50 for reading comprehension :)

fibssggloss

• Trailblazer
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 02:24:48 pm »
IF ANYONE HAS ANY TIPS FOR JMSS ENTRY EXAM FOR YEAR 10 PLS MESSAGE ME :(

Mysteriousplayer05_YT

• Adventurer
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2019, 10:47:08 pm »
Hi guys I’m trying out for SCHS in 2019 and I only have 1 month left for my preparation, anybody got some good tips that can help me?