Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:46:09 pm

Author Topic: Class Registration  (Read 966 times)  Share 

True Dat

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Class Registration
« on: February 12, 2019, 10:25:23 am »
Hi all,
Last night I spent 2 hours making the best timetable for me, and this morning at 10 am, one of the classes got sniped making class registration a nightmare. Am I required to go to the classes I'm registered for or can I stick to the timetable I made last night, which would save me from having to stay late at the university!

Thanks!

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +365
Re: Class Registration
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 10:36:08 am »
Hi all,
Last night I spent 2 hours making the best timetable for me, and this morning at 10 am, one of the classes got sniped making class registration a nightmare. Am I required to go to the classes I'm registered for or can I stick to the timetable I made last night, which would save me from having to stay late at the university!

Thanks!

You can basically attend any lecture you want to. However, in relation to tutes, you are often required to attend the one that you have registered in.
BA (Linguistics) I University of Melbourne
Tips and Tricks for VCE English [50]

Essay Marking Services in 2021 for VCE English + Essays for Sale

appleandbee

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +200
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 10:50:08 am »
As Clark54321 said, which lectures you are all good to go to whichever one to please. With tutorial/practicals though, you can try submitting an online request through Class registration Enquiry Management (CREM). You should be able to find this app when you are trying to register for classes. In the past, I've been able to change classes to a better time through submitting an enquiry (I just provided work as a reason-didn't provide proof but kinda true since I actually work at nights).
VCE Class of 2015

Studying Anthropology, Philosophy and Biology at Unimelb

uoping

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 01:20:12 pm »
As Clark54321 said, which lectures you are all good to go to whichever one to please. With tutorial/practicals though, you can try submitting an online request through Class registration Enquiry Management (CREM). You should be able to find this app when you are trying to register for classes. In the past, I've been able to change classes to a better time through submitting an enquiry (I just provided work as a reason-didn't provide proof but kinda true since I actually work at nights).
When did you do this? Right after you missed out on your preferred time or after semester 1 started? etc.

guac

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 01:49:58 pm »
+1
Am I required to go to the classes I'm registered for or can I stick to the timetable I made last night, which would save me from having to stay late at the university!

For tutes/workshops, this depends on the faculty. If it's a subject where they take down your attendance and that forms a part of your grade (eg. in my experience, most commerce and psychology subjects, and lab subjects like biology and chemistry), you'll have to go to the tute allocated to you. If it's a subject where they don't really care whether or not you show up, even if they still mark attendance (eg. computing and maths subjects), then you can just rock up to whatever tute that you like.

Basically, just check the subject handbook and see if class participation is marked. If it's a subject that involves groupwork, that might also present a problem.
Guac puts a maths tutor in your pocket.
Chat to a verified, high achieving tutor anytime, anywhere. Ask about anything, from homework problems to difficult concepts.

7 day free trial, no credit card needed so you can get asking instantly: guactutor.com

Only available on iPhones (Android and tablets are coming!)

appleandbee

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +200
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 03:19:59 pm »
When did you do this? Right after you missed out on your preferred time or after semester 1 started? etc.

You can try it anytime before class registration closes. You are unable to change class times after the end of the 2nd or 3rd week of semester in most subjects.
VCE Class of 2015

Studying Anthropology, Philosophy and Biology at Unimelb