Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:02:32 am

Author Topic: 8 pages for option?  (Read 741 times)  Share 

joannelovescake

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +11
8 pages for option?
« on: October 20, 2018, 08:40:42 pm »
is it even humanly possible? Does anybody know anyone who got a band 6 and didn't write 8 pages for their options?! For me the only possible way to write 8 pages is memorise...for english I did and even then it was only 7. But with so much content, I can't memorise 5 different essays x2.

The fact this exam is straight after english is giving me big anxiety.
HSC 2018  :  English Adv, Legal Studies, Ancient History, Chemistry, Biology

2019: BCommerce / BLaws @ UNSW

I offer affordable one-to-one and group tutoring in English, Modern Greek, History and Science :) send me a message!

NowYouTseMe

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +16
Re: 8 pages for option?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 09:08:38 pm »
+1
is it even humanly possible? Does anybody know anyone who got a band 6 and didn't write 8 pages for their options?! For me the only possible way to write 8 pages is memorise...for english I did and even then it was only 7. But with so much content, I can't memorise 5 different essays x2.

The fact this exam is straight after english is giving me big anxiety.
If you feel like 8 pages is necessary, you can always save time with the multiple choice??? Also about the legal exam being right after english, just remember that the whole state is in the same situation, myself included. Hopefully the raw mark to HSC mark conversion is a lot more kind this year as a result because legal being one of the first exams is a joke.
HSC 2016
Information Processes and Technology: 90

HSC 2018
Advanced English: 95 | Extension 1 English: 47 | Extension 2 English: 42 | Legal Studies: 95 | Modern History: 94 | French Continuers: 84 | Mathematics Advanced: 89

LAT 2018: 88 (90th Percentile)

ATAR: 98.05

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: 8 pages for option?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 09:12:29 pm »
+1
Hi!

8 pages is definitely possible if you manage your time well. You don't need to write 8 pages to get a Band 6 though! Here's how I did my trial and HSC Legal exams:

- MC for 15 minutes
- Human rights short answer for 20 minutes
- Crime essay for 45 minutes
- 50 minutes for each options essay

Don't sweat memorising essays -- a lot of the time, Legal is a very unpredictable exam so LCMs are the way to go. That bail question last year oh my goodness I spent the entirety of reading time freaking out. You can do this!!

Best of luck for Monday and the rest of your HSC!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW