Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:58:34 am

Author Topic: Getting a good ATAR  (Read 1589 times)

charliee00

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Getting a good ATAR
« on: January 18, 2017, 06:01:40 pm »
HI everyone , Im going into year 11 this year and am really happy with the subjects ive chosen :
- English general (2 semesters)
- Maths General ( 1 semester)
- Events Management (1semester)
- Pyschology Intro (1 sem)
- Pyschology Optimum (B) (1 sem)
- Music Craft (2 sem)
- Drama (1 sem)
- Music Studies (1 sem)
- Music peformance

After year 12 Id like to go into a music program in uni which doesnt require a high atar (just a really good audition!) but if I dont get into that program my back up is Psychology which requires an atar of about 80 I believe!
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how hard it is to get this atar, or if I should swap some subjects to higher weighing ones?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Getting a good ATAR
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 07:10:50 pm »
HI everyone , Im going into year 11 this year and am really happy with the subjects ive chosen :
- English general (2 semesters)
- Maths General ( 1 semester)
- Events Management (1semester)
- Pyschology Intro (1 sem)
- Pyschology Optimum (B) (1 sem)
- Music Craft (2 sem)
- Drama (1 sem)
- Music Studies (1 sem)
- Music peformance

After year 12 Id like to go into a music program in uni which doesnt require a high atar (just a really good audition!) but if I dont get into that program my back up is Psychology which requires an atar of about 80 I believe!
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how hard it is to get this atar, or if I should swap some subjects to higher weighing ones?

Hi charliee00! Welcome to the forums!!

What qualification are these subjects for? They look a lot more interesting than HSC subjects, is this the IB? ;D

Even without knowledge of the subjects, I can tell you that you've chosen perfectly. You've chosen stuff you're passionate about (based on your career goals), and this is exactly what you should be doing when you choose. An 80+ ATAR is definitely within your reach as long as you work hard - Which will be easy, because you've chosen things you'll enjoy!! Choosing different subjects isn't going to make getting that mark easier - And if you don't enjoy them, it will just make it harder.

You succeed by sticking with your passions, and it looks like that's what you are doing here ;D

charliee00

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Getting a good ATAR
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 09:42:22 pm »
+1
Thank you soooo much  ;D