Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 21, 2024, 12:37:48 am

Author Topic: Distance Ed Economics 3&4  (Read 507 times)  Share 

Robespierre

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Distance Ed Economics 3&4
« on: December 18, 2018, 08:27:46 pm »
Hey,

I'm doing 3&4 Eco through Distance ed next year, but I'm worried about trying to get a 40+ study score.I did Units 1&2 this year and attained pretty good results, and I aim to push even further next year, but I still unsure about how strong the distance cohorts generally are, which I know will impact my end result. Also, are the teachers actually helpful? Whilst my teacher this year was okay at best, I relied far more on my school teacher for help and resources, without whom I wouldn't have achieved the results I actually got. And lastly, what should I do over the holidays to make sure I ready for next year? Would a tutor in addition to my school teacher be helpful?
Would be incredibly grateful for information

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 08:43:13 pm by Robespierre »

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: Distance Ed Economics 3&4
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:52:46 pm »
+1
Hey,

I'm doing 3&4 Eco through Distance ed next year, but I'm worried about trying to get a 40+ study score.I did Units 1&2 this year and attained pretty good results, and I aim to push even further next year, but I still unsure about how strong the distance cohorts generally are, which I know will impact my end result. Also, are the teachers actually helpful? Whilst my teacher this year was okay at best, I relied far more on my school teacher for help and resources, without whom I wouldn't have achieved the results I actually got. And lastly, what should I do over the holidays to make sure I ready for next year? Would a tutor in addition to my school teacher be helpful?
Would be incredibly grateful for information

Thanks

Once you're in the 40s range the strength of your cohort becomes pretty irrelevant. If you're going to get a 40+, you're going to need to be at or near the top of your cohort, at which point your exam score becomes a much stronger test of your performance than your SACs, really.

I'm not convinced you need a tutor or really to do too much over the holidays. Keeping up with the news and dabbling in the course a little for interest could be useful, but enjoying a restful holidays so that you don't burnout during the year is more important.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd