Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:18:56 am

Author Topic: Psych or HHD?  (Read 892 times)  Share 

wominer64

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Psych or HHD?
« on: November 19, 2018, 12:59:17 am »
Hi subject selections are coming up really soon and I'm still pondering on whether to choose psychology or health and human development.

I'm essentially interested in the content in both and am just looking for the 'easier' one :P in terms of work, which one requires 'less' effort and would be easier to score high in?

Thanks in advance

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Psych or HHD?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 11:38:28 am »
+4
I'm essentially interested in the content in both and am just looking for the 'easier' one :P in terms of work, which one requires 'less' effort and would be easier to score high in?
It may not be in your best interests to pick a subject purely for how ‘easy’ or ‘little effort’ people deem it to be. Firstly, you may not find they’re right (i.e. ‘easy’ is subjective). Secondly, you’re going to have to do the subject for a minimum of 8 months, so if you don’t enjoy it, it’ll become ‘more difficult’ anyway because you’ll be less inclined to study it. Both of these reasons defeat your intended purpose.

Alternatively, why don’t you pick subjects according to how much you like them and whether you need them for courses after Year 12 (you can check with VTAC Course Search)? It’ll make your time and effort worth a lot more and you’ll feel a lot better about the subject you pick. :)

In terms of picking which out of Psych and HHD, I’d suggest taking a look at the study designs and building from there. If you find one more interesting or one follows your intended career path after VCE more, it’s probably the one to pick. If those contradict one another, let us know and we’ll help you out. :)
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

brynstar

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +17
Re: Psych or HHD?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 08:44:37 am »
I haven't done HHD so not the best person to ask here but my friend took both and seemed to think HHD was way easier - in fact she almost found it too simple! Psych is not that challenging though and I think a good score is very achievable if you learn the content - I actually thought I messed up the exam and got 47. Equally, I know people who got disappointing scores.
But I also agree that you shouldn't necessarily pick subjects based on which one's easiest, it's more about which one you feel more motivated to do, I think the fact that I loved Psych really helped me do well.
2016 - Indonesian SL (43)
2017 - Psychology ( 47)
2018 - Literature (50 + Premier's Award), French (45), Latin (35), Deakin Accelerate Psychological Science (5.0) ATAR - 99.85

2019 - Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Arts @ Monash University

Now selling essays on Twelfth Night, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Ariel and General Conversation Notes for French! PM for details!