Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 11:12:33 pm

Author Topic: Is my UCAT score bad?  (Read 3610 times)

suskieanna

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Is my UCAT score bad?
« on: July 17, 2019, 07:06:26 pm »
I got a total score of 2310. I really did badly in verbal reasoning (510) since I am not good at English. I was too lazy and didn't even do any practice test (only did a few practice questions) :'( What is the average UCAT score???

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
Re: Is my UCAT score bad?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 07:13:43 pm »
+6
I got a total score of 2310. I really did badly in verbal reasoning (510) since I am not good at English. I was too lazy and didn't even do any practice test (only did a few practice questions) :'( What is the average UCAT score???

Well, we won't really know until the UCAT consortium releases percentile ranks (total scores that match each rank- the one I've linked is from the UK). There is also no such thing as an average UCAT score to be honest, it's more about what percentile you get. In order to comfortably get an interview, you need a 95+ ATAR and a UCAT total score that is beyond the 90th percentile. This is a rough estimate, and it might be the case since the UCAT is new to Australia.

HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 10:14:13 am »
+1
I think it is quite safe to assume that UK students and Aus students are roughly the same in terms of how smart they are so the percentile form linked above maybe quite accurate. However, there is speculation that the aus exam may have been a little easier so cut offs may be a bit higher.
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

Krycek

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 05:07:33 pm »
I think it is quite safe to assume that UK students and Aus students are roughly the same in terms of how smart they are so the percentile form linked above maybe quite accurate. However, there is speculation that the aus exam may have been a little easier so cut offs may be a bit higher.

Hmmm. I actually thought the UK students and ANZ students were using the same exam(s).
ATAR: 98

Bachelor of Biomedical Science