HSC Stuff > UAC Discussion

LAT test

(1/4) > >>

xwinnir:
Is it better to take the LAT test or not? As it's a new system, im not quite sure how it works..

Does the score automatically submit to all unis when you apply for law?
Any suggestions on preparing for LAT test?

Thanks!!

HopefulLawStudent:
The LAT is only for UNSW and is compulsory for admission into any law course at UNSW.

When you do it, you get a student number/code thingamawhatsits; when you apply for unis via UAC and chuck in a UNSW Law course, you're asked to supply this number to UAC and that's pretty much all you need to do.

How to prepare:

Try out the practice paper(s) ACER supply.

jamonwindeyer:

--- Quote from: xwinnir on January 14, 2017, 06:01:14 am ---Is it better to take the LAT test or not? As it's a new system, im not quite sure how it works..

Does the score automatically submit to all unis when you apply for law?
Any suggestions on preparing for LAT test?

Thanks!!

--- End quote ---

HLS is on it, but I'll add that even if you don't think you'll end up at UNSW, you should sit it anyway as long as it isn't excessively time consuming/expensive for you (I'm not sure of either personally). So, if its not a huge deal, sit it. That way you don't rule out any options! There is no disadvantage to sitting the LAT besides the resources/time you expend sitting it ;D

Mary_a:
Hey,

I am currently signed up to actually sit the LAT test later in the year! Do you happen to have any tips?

Thanks so much,

Mary

jamonwindeyer:

--- Quote from: Mary_a on March 15, 2017, 08:35:51 pm ---Hey,

I am currently signed up to actually sit the LAT test later in the year! Do you happen to have any tips?

Thanks so much,

Mary

--- End quote ---

Hey Mary! Isaac gave some great advice, not only from himself but from some of his fellow first year Law students at UNSW, which you can read here! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version