Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 06:28:22 pm

Author Topic: Is going ahead beneficial for vce chemistry 3/4?  (Read 533 times)  Share 

IThinkIFailed

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +12
Is going ahead beneficial for vce chemistry 3/4?
« on: April 28, 2020, 09:53:52 pm »
This is definitely a contentious topic, but I wanted to hear people’s perspectives on this. What would be better for this subject, going ahead and trying to finish the course ASAP, or taking it slow and trying to understand and master each topic before moving on?
I’m in a odd crossroads right now, as our school might be postponing our equilibrium sac until later on in the term, and we are about to start unit 4 very soon. While it’d be great to get a head start on unit 4 with the class, I’m scared that it might disrupt my understanding of the equilibrium topic.
2019:
Biology [42]   Economics [46]

2020:
Methods[41 :( ]
English [42]
Chemistry [47]
Legal studies [44]

ATAR: 99.00

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Is going ahead beneficial for vce chemistry 3/4?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 11:57:11 am »
+3
This is definitely a contentious topic, but I wanted to hear people’s perspectives on this. What would be better for this subject, going ahead and trying to finish the course ASAP, or taking it slow and trying to understand and master each topic before moving on?
I’m in a odd crossroads right now, as our school might be postponing our equilibrium sac until later on in the term, and we are about to start unit 4 very soon. While it’d be great to get a head start on unit 4 with the class, I’m scared that it might disrupt my understanding of the equilibrium topic.
Hmm way your pose the question as being either rushing (and I assume not understanding that well) or going slowly and mastering it I would say the latter is going to be better. A slower deep understanding is always between than a superficial one.

However, I would say it is still possible to get through the content done early whilst also having that deep understanding. I would try to go with that if that is possible.