Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:20:22 am

Author Topic: Do you have pets?  (Read 5451 times)  Share 

Max Kawasakii

• Trailblazer
  • Just try and stop me
  • Respect: +6
Re: Do you have pets?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 08:58:46 am »
+5
This thread is amazing!! I have two dogs, one is named Bruno and is a Golden Retriever X Border Collie, absolutely beautiful pup. The other is named Elsie, but we don't know what she is as we rescued her, perhaps if you imagine a big black wolf, but looks more like a dog, I'd say you're hitting the nail on the head. I also have a cat named Pancakes.... He's the type of cat who sits on my desk looking all macho and angry until I've realized somehow telepathically that his biscuit bowel is empty... He also needs roughly 6 x 3 minute session of affection a day, other wise, yup you guessed it, he sits there looking all angry at you hahaha

Pets, where would we be without them?
'Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.' - Albert Einstein

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
  • An evil ferocious demon.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 07:12:37 pm »
+2
I've got a one year old labrador (he's so cute!) and five gold fish :)

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +152
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 04:15:28 pm »
+3
omg actually same to the fussy dog part. Joni pretty much only has roast chicken for dinner too and always leaves the veggies (but will eat veggies if it comes off our plate!)

this
exactly this
my dog will pick every trace of vegetable out of her bowl, but leave no meat/chicken/preferred dog food behind hahah

Rasika

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 01:03:32 am »
+1
I have a cat! His name is lucky but he is such a pain omg ahhaha

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 07:52:45 pm »
+3
Ooh, how did I miss this thread? I don't have any pets right now, but I've had two dogs before.

As a kid, I had a beautiful German Shepherd called Rose Tattoo (after the band), but we just referred to her as Ras. She was very protective. I was almost four months premature as a kid, so when I came home from the hospital, she lost sooo much sleep as she was constantly watching over me. I remember when I learned how to walk, I would go out with my brother. He would walk one way, and I another, and she'd constantly run between us to make sure we were both okay. She tolerated a lot; I remember my younger sister putting her hand in Ras' mouth because she wanted to feel dog teeth. I distinctly remember when, as a kid, I was sitting in the lounge. Some bloke tried stealing our pot plant outside the house, next to the window, so Ras put her head through the closed window, breaking it (it was already pretty damaged), and scaring off the thief. She died when I was five, from memory, from a stomach illness.

When I was thirteen, I had a black lab for a year, Xanthe. She was a dog we were training for her first year of life. From there, she would go on to Customs, Police, or the Military.

I don't have any photos of Xanthe, but I have some of Ras somewhere -- I'll be sure to find them and share when I can!
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 12:19:04 am »
+5
Ooh, how did I miss this thread? I don't have any pets right now, but I've had two dogs before.

As a kid, I had a beautiful German Shepherd called Rose Tattoo (after the band), but we just referred to her as Ras. She was very protective. I was almost four months premature as a kid, so when I came home from the hospital, she lost sooo much sleep as she was constantly watching over me. I remember when I learned how to walk, I would go out with my brother. He would walk one way, and I another, and she'd constantly run between us to make sure we were both okay. She tolerated a lot; I remember my younger sister putting her hand in Ras' mouth because she wanted to feel dog teeth. I distinctly remember when, as a kid, I was sitting in the lounge. Some bloke tried stealing our pot plant outside the house, next to the window, so Ras put her head through the closed window, breaking it (it was already pretty damaged), and scaring off the thief. She died when I was five, from memory, from a stomach illness.

When I was thirteen, I had a black lab for a year, Xanthe. She was a dog we were training for her first year of life. From there, she would go on to Customs, Police, or the Military.

I don't have any photos of Xanthe, but I have some of Ras somewhere -- I'll be sure to find them and share when I can!
This is amazing. I love dogs <3 <3 <3

Below is my BEAUTIFUL Staffy, "Birdy". He was eating his dinner and, upon saying his name to get a photo, immediately came for some cuddles because he likes affection more than food, and this was the most stable photo of him I could bloody get. Gave up trying to get him to look cute and settled for him looking like he's about to literally bite my face off. 

✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2017, 08:42:45 am »
This is amazing. I love dogs <3 <3 <3

Below is my BEAUTIFUL Staffy, "Birdy". He was eating his dinner and, upon saying his name to get a photo, immediately came for some cuddles because he likes affection more than food, and this was the most stable photo of him I could bloody get. Gave up trying to get him to look cute and settled for him looking like he's about to literally bite my face off. 

(Image removed from quote.)

Unffff so beautiful (and Birdy's not bad, either ;)).

How long has he been part of your life? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2017, 10:26:50 am »
+1
Unffff so beautiful (and Birdy's not bad, either ;)).

How long has he been part of your life? :)
Hmm... Maybe 7 years or so? He's such a cutie pie <3
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️