Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 09:06:41 pm

Author Topic: Sac ranking question  (Read 1303 times)  Share 

BKmaps

• Adventurer
  • BK
  • Respect: +1
Sac ranking question
« on: May 16, 2018, 12:12:21 pm »
Hello fellow people,

I'm a bit of a newbie to this website, but I have been looking at some resources provided by this place.

However, my dilemma happens to be a recent SAC mark that I have been discouraged by. There are only 5 students in our 3&4 subject of software development and my first 4 sacs, I have received around 85-100%. In those Sacs. I was ranked No.1. In the 5th Sac, I did absolutely terrible and got a 77%, just below the average. I lost my 1st ranking, and am now 2nd rank. Our cohort is overall very good out of 5 people, we have class averages of around 80. So how does this affect me.  In the non-VCAA diagnostic tests (exam-like questions), I usually get 80s, where the class average is around 50.
Will it reduce my chances of getting 45+?
englinguistics 36
mysoftdev 43
methhead 35
speshal kids 29
chemotherapy 30
physically hard 31

atar 92.75 somehow
2019 rox

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Sac ranking question
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 02:11:39 pm »
Hello fellow people,

I'm a bit of a newbie to this website, but I have been looking at some resources provided by this place.

However, my dilemma happens to be a recent SAC mark that I have been discouraged by. There are only 5 students in our 3&4 subject of software development and my first 4 sacs, I have received around 85-100%. In those Sacs. I was ranked No.1. In the 5th Sac, I did absolutely terrible and got a 77%, just below the average. I lost my 1st ranking, and am now 2nd rank. Our cohort is overall very good out of 5 people, we have class averages of around 80. So how does this affect me.  In the non-VCAA diagnostic tests (exam-like questions), I usually get 80s, where the class average is around 50.
Will it reduce my chances of getting 45+?
If you remain rank 2 yes it will decrease the chance of getting a 45+. Realistically dropping sac rankings (lower than what you should "supposed " to be at as per exam results) this can impact your study anywhere between 2-8 study scores especially at the top end where the differences between each student is minimal. If you were ranking 2 you'd be hoping someone else in the cohort does as well or better than you in the exam so as to not detrimentally impact your score.

BKmaps

• Adventurer
  • BK
  • Respect: +1
Re: Sac ranking question
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 10:06:54 am »
How does the ranking work? So if I'm rank 2 by the end of Unit 3, does that get taken into account, or do I still have the entire year (Until 3/4 exam) to improve my ranking?
englinguistics 36
mysoftdev 43
methhead 35
speshal kids 29
chemotherapy 30
physically hard 31

atar 92.75 somehow
2019 rox