Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 12:34:04 am

Author Topic: subject selection!  (Read 945 times)  Share 

mcl0117

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
subject selection!
« on: July 17, 2019, 08:53:46 pm »
i知 needing roughly an ATAR score of 75 for the exercise physiology course i知 interested in, and i知 wondering if this is achievable by doing psychology, english literature, biology, physical education and philosophy or should I add in a 6th subject?

codsta769

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +14
Re: subject selection!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 09:00:20 pm »
+1
Yes, this is definitely achievable but is entirely dependant of how much work you put into achieving your goal. To give you a bit of an idea, the median ATAR mark (person who ranks in the middle) is around 68-69. If you are at least a close to average student already, 75 should be an achievable goal for you to work on with these subjects.

Good Luck.
Final year Bachelor of Business Student@ University of Technology Sydney (UTS).
Majors in Marketing and Human Resource Management.

HSC Class of 2017:
Standard English
General Mathematics
Business Studies
Legal Studies
Senior Science
Studies of Religion I

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 09:08:45 pm »
+1
a sixth subject can't hurt, but as long as you work hard at your subjects, you can probably get there without it. perhaps play around with an atar calculator to see what kind of study scores you'd need.

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 05:13:20 pm »
+1
i知 needing roughly an ATAR score of 75 for the exercise physiology course i知 interested in, and i知 wondering if this is achievable by doing psychology, english literature, biology, physical education and philosophy or should I add in a 6th subject?

Hey adding on to what Laura said

A sixth subject would be beneficial towards your atar, even if it is by a little bit.
Also i see that your not doing any form of maths?
Maybe further maths would be beneficial for you aswell.
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

brothanathan

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 06:13:16 pm »
+1
If you're confident in Maths I suggest doing Further or etc. now if you can, to give yourself more pathways. If you're sure you don't need it as Prereq that's fine. You can always fulfil a certain requirement through a bridging course or do the single VCE Maths subject at RMIT (which I currently would recommend if you can, cos Maths bridging courses and their exams are commonly completed in a month, at least VCE subjects are slightly less compact).

+ Always remember, don't let anyone depict what ATAR you get. Aim as high as you want. Of course, don't stress if you don't get straight As or A+s, learn from your mistake. Just make sure you do the best you possibly can (as in don't predict or assume that you have a limit, you don't, it's just that some need to work harder or less to reach a certain target).

Happy days :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:44:03 pm by brothanathan »