Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:13 pm

Author Topic: Quotes, Themes, Rubric?  (Read 2331 times)

LoneWolf

• MOTM: March 20
  • Trendsetter
  • 2020!
  • Respect: +8
Quotes, Themes, Rubric?
« on: December 24, 2019, 10:12:14 am »
+1
Hello All,

I am facing this dilemma, do I converge my quotes around specific statements from the rubric, or do i do so around specific themes  of my core text and then link them to the rubric?

It is a silly question I know, however is really confusing me how to get my evidence together in a decent way.

Business Studies
Economics
Modern History
English
Maths

Grace0702

• MOTM: OCT 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +32
Re: Quotes, Themes, Rubric?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 02:16:06 pm »
+4
Hey LoneWolf!

Personally, when I studied for English I gathered quotes surrounding themes that I had picked for that text and then connected them to appropriate rubric statements. Think about it this way - The text was chosen for that specific module so there will have to be links to the rubric otherwise it wouldn't be there. You will find that single quotes will have multiple connections to different themes and rubric statements and tying those together can really help you get into the top bands.

Start by gathering evidence and developing knowledge for a specific theme, then start to make links with how the theme connects the the module and the wider world this will help you build a solid foundation for your argument!

Hope this helps! :)
HSC 2019: Advanced Maths 92 || Standard English 89 || Physics 80 || Business Studies
95 || Information Processes and Technology 94 || Studies of Religion 1 45

ATAR: 96.05

2020: B Engineering/B Commerce @USYD

LoneWolf

• Trendsetter
  • 2020!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 09:14:11 pm »
Thanks muchly. thats awesome.
Business Studies
Economics
Modern History
English
Maths

LoneWolf

• Trendsetter
  • 2020!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 09:52:08 am »
All the same, I would appreciate any other input from anyone else
Business Studies
Economics
Modern History
English
Maths

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 03:17:10 pm »
+2
Hello All,

I am facing this dilemma, do I converge my quotes around specific statements from the rubric, or do i do so around specific themes  of my core text and then link them to the rubric?

It is a silly question I know, however is really confusing me how to get my evidence together in a decent way.

Hey, LoneWolf!

It really just depends on whatever you think works best for you! As long as you're drawing links with the rubric at the end of the day, it's entirely up to you how your notes are structured. I personally found it easier to place my quotes under the rubric statements and then thematically group them once I had a good number under each rubric statement. That being said, Grace0702's way is equally logical and successful so have a go at each and see what is more effective!

I'll also follow on from her point in that you can situate multiple quotes under the multiple rubric statements. Using The Crucible as an example, you could use this Danforth quote "Who weeps for (these witches), weeps for corruption!" under individual and collective human experiences as evidence of how an individual may influence and affect a collective, but you can also put it under paradoxes, anomalies and inconsistencies since it reveals the paradoxical nature of justice and how ironic it is that a judge has made poor judgement. This is definitely a work smarter, not harder strategy as it'll save you from having to memorise more quotes and can contribute to a more holistic approach to the module.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music